Mets 2019 Season Thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Mets 2019 Season Thread

Good signing. I wish they had gone harder for Wheeler, but the team does look pretty solid
Not at that price... Wheeler rarely shows up for big games. Need the buy low bets they made to pay off.

Not at that price... Wheeler rarely shows up for big games. Need the buy low bets they made to pay off.

What big games did he even pitch in?? He had a 2.66 ERA the last 2 months of 2019, fwiw.

Down goes Carlos! Just announced on ESPN radio, (couldn't even find an article on it yet). What do the Mets do now?

As my grandmother occasionally ruefully says, "Oh those Mets."

Such a Mets thing to happen.

As a Yankees fan I don't want to rub it in but it's amazing to me that the two other programs who had to fire managers got a WS ring out of it and the Mets had to a fire guy for something that had nothing to do with them. Only the Mets.

As a Yankees fan I don't want to rub it in but it's amazing to me that the two other programs who had to fire managers got a WS ring out of it and the Mets had to a fire guy for something that had nothing to do with them. Only the Mets.

Exactly.

All I can do is laugh, couldn't have put it better myself.

Knowing the Mets, I could see them going after David Wright...a fan favorite with no managing experience. Wright is probably too smart to want to work for the Wilpon ownership.

so do they go after the yankess now since they were cheating as well?

Knowing the Mets, I could see them going after David Wright...a fan favorite with no managing experience. Wright is probably too smart to want to work for the Wilpon ownership.
How about promoting the 1st base coach? He did great with the Syracuse Mets last year.

Beltran's managerial career was exactly as eventful as his at-bat with two outs in Game 7 in 2006.

Beltran's managerial career was exactly as eventful as his at-bat with two outs in Game 7 in 2006.
Sigh. Only the Mets could hire a manager and fire him before he could manage even a single spring training game.

Watch them bring back Terry. Double sigh.

As a Mets fan, I don’t want to rub it in, but Altuve knew Chapman was throwing a fastball when he walked it off to clinch the pennant against the Yankees last year...because he had a wire on.

Oh, and the last three times you lost to in the playoffs were to either the cheating Astros or Cora’s cheating Red Sox.

So yeah. I’ll rub it in.

Last edited:
when did that happen?

1579240155100.png

You mean the two other teams that the Yankees lost to in the playoffs for the last three years?

;););)

Y’all could have won a World Series in any of those years, but you played cheating franchises in the postseason. I’d argue that’s worse.

The idiots have done the unthinkable.

If we've learned nothing else, we've learned that 'idiots doing the unthinkable' is not unthinkable.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom