MIA-IND | Syracusefan.com

MIA-IND

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
Hell of a game if you guys stayed up to watch it. I think it will take MONSTER games from LBJ like last night to beat IND. IND was right there and presents a huge challenge for MIA. Would you have taken Hibbert out like Vogel did?

I guess there is a better argument for it on the last play with a short clock than for the full possession, but I'm not sure I could do either one.

Hell of a game if you guys stayed up to watch it. I think it will take MONSTER games from LBJ like last night to beat IND. IND was right there and presents a huge challenge for MIA. Would you have taken Hibbert out like Vogel did?

No. I didn't stay up to watch the fourth quarter, but when I saw highlights I assumed Hibbert fouled out when seeing him on the bench.

Vogel is a good coach, but not keeping Hibbert in was mind-boggling. Wade was out. Everyone knew the ball was going to LeBron. You have to make him take a jump shot there.

George was HUGE in the 2H but I think overplayed James too much. Yeah, you can live with Bosh taking a deep shot but letting James have rim access is a bad idea. Still, not many guys can make a play like James did with that amount of time left. He got to rim REALLY quickly.

Great game to watch. Just big play after big play made by guys on both teams. I was shocked the second time around when Hibbert was out or the game winner. The first time when LeBron drove to put them up 2 with 10 seconds I thought whatever Vogel tried something different with the match ups, but then thought theres no way he'd do it again after seeing how much that opened up the rim. Then what do you know they go out with 2 seconds left and Hibbert isn't in. I couldn't believe it. I know a lot of the analysts, or TNT guys who I think are great, say it was good coaching because Hibbert couldn't move well and they wanted to switch on everything. If I'm Indiana I'd rather have Hibbert sag in to contest at the rim and give up a Bosh 15 footer then leave him out and risk leaving the lane so vulnerable to the drive.

Indiana is going to be kicking themselves for awhile about not winning that game last night. They had it right there and really looked to be in control for awhile by just dominating the boards and sealing off the paint on defense. I think Heat will adjust and figure out ways to space the floor a little better on offense to take advantage of their 3 pt shooting. I figured West would kill Battier on the glass, but what really surprised me was how Battier couldn't stay in front of him on the dribble. They need to find ways to keep Indiana off the offensive glass or atleast make them pay for going big on the other end. Should be a really fun series.

Hopefully people realize too after watching how tough Indiana played Miami that the Pacers are legit and will get off Melo's back. It's not like Melo just didn't show up and lost to the Bobcats. The Pacers are a really good team that plays great defense and stays true to their identity and typically has a great game plan.

Yeah it definitely seemed like George overplayed. Not like Lebron can't get to the rim going left.

Someone pointed out on twitter that with a 1 point lead, you don't really care if the other team makes a 2 or a 3; you lose either way. So if you keep Hibbert on the court and it gives more room to allow a 3, so be it; you lose by 2 instead of 1.

The full possession before, I just can't believe he took Hibbert out. And he also called a TO with the ball during live play when Miami had their offensive lineup on the court.

Ugh. Yeah IND has to be disappointed. The HAD it. West missed a couple of easy ones too.

Ugh. Yeah IND has to be disappointed. The HAD it. West missed a couple of easy ones too.

oh yeah, he missed like an 8 footer when they were up 2 that Lebron passed to Wade and turned into a bucket in about 2.3 seconds. killer

Indiana is the only team that can beat Miami left. Memphis has the beef down low to give Miami problems, but Tony Allen and Tony Wroten would get into foul trouble against Miami because of all the whistles Miami gets. Indiana has Paul George who is the most underrated player in the NBA right now and would be the 1st overall pick in 2010 NBA draft if it was redrafted right now. George is the first player I have seen that has been able to consistently beat Lebron James off the dribble and generate fouls on Lebron. Throw in the fact that Shane Battier can't defend David West like he did Joakim Noah or Carlos Boozer because West has a better offensive game it causes Miami to have to play Udonis Haslem more for defensive purposes and take Battier's stretching floor game out of the picture. Miami will have trouble defending the Stevensen-George-Hill-West-Hibbert lineup during this series, and if Indiana plays like they did last night they will win this series.

To me you put Hibbert on the inbounder and let him use his length to effect the pass. Therefore you are lobbing it over a 7'2 guy and LBJ never gets a perfect pass.

Indiana is the only team that can beat Miami left. Memphis has the beef down low to give Miami problems, but Tony Allen and Tony Wroten would get into foul trouble against Miami because of all the whistles Miami gets. Indiana has Paul George who is the most underrated player in the NBA right now and would be the 1st overall pick in 2010 NBA draft if it was redrafted right now. George is the first player I have seen that has been able to consistently beat Lebron James off the dribble and generate fouls on Lebron. Throw in the fact that Shane Battier can't defend David West like he did Joakim Noah because West has a better offensive game it causes Miami to have to play Udonis Haslem more for defensive purposes and take Battier's stretching floor game out of the picture. Miami will have trouble defending the Stevensen-George-Hill-West-Hibbert lineup during this series, and if Indiana plays like they did last night they will win this series.

Birdman even said postgame that West is a tougher cover for him than Hibbert. IND let Birdman score too much. I doubt that happens moving forward. Man, I am so pulling for IND. Like that team. George is so good. Such a good all around player.

Moderators- please keep this one playoff thread here, so people can see it. Very few people check the pro sports board.

Its arguable but I put Hibbert in. Make them make a jump shot. I'm sure Vogel thought with 2.2 seconds that they needed to cover the jumpshots and that Miami wouldn't try to drive it but with Hibbert in you take away the drive option completely. Also, why didn't anyone help and close the lane off form LBJ. Poor game/time awareness. I understand all game they were trying to not allow the kickout pass for an open J, but when soemone starts to drive with 2 seconds left, he didn't have time to start to drive and then kick it out. Those players needed to know that and Vogel should have reminded them, I think he was completely caught off guard by the drive. I don't know why, I even said to myself, 2.2 seconds they got time for 1 pass or a quick drive. And I am a lousy basketball coach.

A lot of columns etc are killing Vogel for not having Hibbert in and he deserves it IMHO.

I think Miami took Indy's best punches this game. This was a demoralizing loss for Indy. Game 2 the Heat will not commit 13 turnovers in the first half and score only 37 points. Heat in 5. They just have too much superior talent on a nightly basis. This game was a mirror image of the game 1 vs the Bulls, only the Heat found a way to pull out the win. And everyone is saying oh Indy had the game at the end, but if Ray Allen hits his free throw at the end of regulation the game is over.

How is getting a 30/10/10 with a game winning layup cowardly? Crazy Lebron hate that isn't warranted at all. Dude is a beast.

Vogel wins for bonehead coaching move of the year. How do you not have your 7'2 shot blocker guarding the rim and take him off the floor? What a dolt.

I think Miami took Indy's best punches this game. This was a demoralizing loss for Indy. Game 2 the Heat will not commit 13 turnovers in the first half and score only 37 points. Heat in 5. They just have too much superior talent on a nightly basis. This game was a mirror image of the game 1 vs the Bulls, only the Heat found a way to pull out the win. And everyone is saying oh Indy had the game at the end, but if Ray Allen hits his free throw at the end of regulation the game is over.

How is getting a 30/10/10 with a game winning layup cowardly? Crazy Lebron hate that isn't warranted at all. Dude is a beast.
I can't disagree more. Indiana is the best rebounding team in the NBA has matchup advantages against Miami. You want to talk about best punches Miami got 16 points from Birdman is that going to happen again. David West is a better offensive player than Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer and doesn't allow Miami to play small on defense without it being punished/exploited unlike Chicago. Paul George missed a late FT in regulation as Ray Allen did, Indiana isn't losing in 5 IMO. I think Indiana can win this in 6 games. Miami will have difficulty defending Stevensen-George-Hill-West-Hibbert because Miami plays small ball and most teams can't exploit because they don't have good post offense well Hibbert can score on Bosh and West can exploit the mismatch unlike Chicago. Paul George can beat Lebron off the dribble and get fouls on him you are discounting that. Indiana is the first team I have seen that shot more FTs than Miami in Miami that I can remember.

I can't disagree more. Indiana is the best rebounding team in the NBA has matchup advantages against Miami. You want to talk about best punches Miami got 16 points from Birdman is that going to happen again. David West is a better offensive player than Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer and doesn't allow Miami to play small on defense without it being punished/exploited unlike Chicago. Paul George missed a late FT in regulation as Ray Allen did, Indiana isn't losing in 5 IMO. I think Indiana can win this in 6 games. Miami will have difficulty defending Stevensen-George-Hill-West-Hibbert because Miami plays small ball and most teams can't exploit because they don't have good post offense well Hibbert can score on Bosh and West can exploit the mismatch unlike Chicago. Paul George can beat Lebron off the dribble and get fouls on him you are discounting that. Indiana is the first team I have seen that shot more FTs than Miami in Miami that I can remember.

Yeah, I'm in this camp as well. IND very well could've taken MIA's best punches with MIA needing those Birdman contributions as well as a MONSTER game from LBJ. If MIA is going to need that kind of production every time then I like IND's chances.

Indy HAD to steal Game 1 for the psychological advantage it would have gave them. Also don't forget Miami is just as good on the road as they are at home. They find ways to win the close games. I think Birdman can get 10 points or so per game. But next game do you really think the Heat shoot 27% from 3PT again next game? This is so eerily similar to the Chicago series. The Heat don't do well with long rests. No way that Battier/Allen go 1-8 from 3 again in game2. And I also find it hard to believe that David West shoots 65% throughout this whole series. And Tyler Hansbrough...cmon 5/8?! That's not happening again. His contributions basically evened out Birdman's. But Birdman is a much more steady overall player than Hansbrough. Indy is good, very good. Just quite simply the Heat are better. I'd be absolutely shocked if they win this series at all, albeit in 6.

Also lets not discount the fact that Lebron mentally is on another level than he was even last year. Last year he hadn't done it yet. If he made that game winning layup last year he would have been going crazy. He didn't even scream or flex or smile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom