Miami of ohio coach. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Miami of ohio coach.

The irony is that outside of this rumored not liking recruiting stuff, Mullen checks every single box we’d want in a candidate and he’s not even on the list to talk to supposedly.

That kind of tells me all I need to know at this point. Al Golden is a poor man’s Mullen so that’s all I can hope for.
Probably best not to fret too much about who is or who is not on a list that might not even exist.

Not saying JW doesn't have a sense of who he would pursue IF it comes to that this season. I understand the intrigue of speculating on a fan board. I'm guilty of that too. But, I think a lot of the talk here about the "short list of names" and what "boxes need to be checked" is overblown and fed mostly by random speculation telephone games.

If he goes 5-7 he will. 6-6? Maybe not. 7-5? He back for sure
This new offensive gamplan against the second worst rush defense and wake having a terrible o line bodes well for 7-5. If they pull it off as much as that losing streak was painful, they deserve to be back with that record.

Please don’t interrupt the adults. Thanks.
this is going to age well, I can’t wait to watch you turn into a 3 yr old after we go 7-5 lol.

this is going to age well, I can’t wait to watch you turn into a 3 yr old after we go 7-5 lol.
Well you’re already a 3 year old so I guess I’ll have company.

And yes I can do this all day so just stop.

Well you’re already a 3 year old so I guess I’ll have company.

And yes I can do this all day so just stop.
Man you’re talking like my 5 year old niece to a stranger on a sports fan forum. How mature, I’m going to really relish when we win out and Dino’s contract is extended lol.

Man you’re talking like my 5 year old niece to a stranger on a sports fan forum. How mature, I’m going to really relish when we win out and Dino’s contract is extended lol.
I hope the team wins out but I can't imagine how anyone would be hoping that Dino gets retained at this point irrespective of how the season ends.

Last edited:
I hope the team wins out but I can't imagine how anyone would be hoping that Dino gets retained at this point irrespective of how the season ends.
I don’t think he’s the answer but now that I know that it would make someone like you irate. It would fill me with joy.

I can’t believe I’m talking myself into
Al Golden. Shoot me.

My ND friends think he wants to go back to the NFL, ideally as a DC.

I guess if we win the next 2, or perhaps 1 of the next 2, his fate will be sealed.

So what were you saying again? :confused:

So what were you saying again? :confused:
It’s a win win, we lose we get to move on from dino and start over. We win with a functional gameplan then maybe he does have his finger on the pulse. We can get him on the cheap for a few years building a good foundation and have our finances in order to actually be able to make a real chess move. Our program needs stability and that’s a long road ahead, because whoever takes job over has a massive rebuild on there hands.

It’s a win win, we lose we get to move on from dino and start over. We win with a functional gameplan then maybe he does have his finger on the pulse. We can get him on the cheap for a few years building a good foundation and have our finances in order to actually be able to make a real chess move. Our program needs stability and that’s a long road ahead, because whoever takes job over has a massive rebuild on there hands.
Nothing positive comes from delaying the inevitable. 2 more years stuck in mediocrity isn’t helping anyone. You can’t be a consistent winner without, for example, a backup QB that can actually run the offense and throw. This is year 8 and in 7 years of Dino’s tenure we didn’t have a guy who could spell the starter and consistently win games. DeVito as a RF, that was it. And that’s the most important position on the team. If you’re that consistently unsuccesful with the depth at the most important position on the team, how do you ever expect things to be different for him here?

Last edited:
I bet a lot of the guys who think Mullen (and similar candidates) is unrealistic are the same who thought Dino was unrealistic years ago. I would call Mullen and Clawson first. Then see if Cignetti, Fritz, or Chadwell want to go P5. I would be open to White if he can sell a good plan for the OL/Offense.
Bump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom