Miami/Wisconsin | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Miami/Wisconsin

If a ref was going to eject someone for making contact, Mark Richt grabbing a ref by the bicep and shaking him would have been it.
I rewatched it a few times after that halftime interview, and it appears to me the official had Richt by the arm, and Richt kinda ripped himself away at which point the official threw the flag. At that, Richt got more heated and I think tried to either show the official what he (the official) did, or he was showing the difference between blocking and holding. Just my take. Like Miami losing, but not good for the ACC.

Miami HAS to get rid of the Turnover chain. It was cute and funny at first now it just motivates their opponents and their opponents are playing against Miami likes it's the friggin Super Bowl and after they beat them (Pitt, Clemson, Wisconsin) all they talk about is how they are sick of hearing about the Turnover chain. Time to put that baby in the grave and get rid of it

I rewatched it a few times after that halftime interview, and it appears to me the official had Richt by the arm, and Richt kinda ripped himself away at which point the official threw the flag. At that, Richt got more heated and I think tried to either show the official what he (the official) did, or he was showing the difference between blocking and holding. Just my take. Like Miami losing, but not good for the ACC.

That shows the parallels and differences between tonight's game and the Kentucky game. I've not rewatched it, but given what you have said, contact in both situations was initiated by the referee. Contact was returned by both Richt and Snell. In Richt's case, he grabbed the referee by the arm while Snell didn't do anything like that. Both were flagged. Both, by rule, should have been ejected. Snell was ejected for essentially refusing to be helped up by the referee. Richt was not ejected after forcibly grabbing a referee by the arm. Same rule, two different results. IMO, Snell was treated unfairly while Richt was given preferential treatment.

Miami's defense is poorly coached. These are not even fades. Hornibrook is inaccurate and throwing to the inside shoulder. These are INTs with any awareness.

And yet they had 4 interceptions on us. SMH, we would have won that game otherwise.

Holy cow how about the playcalling first and goal with seven minutes left and three straight runs ?

And to the poster who said Miami’s DB coaching is bad, couldn’t disagree more. I thought their D backs were on top of Wisconsin all night but Wisconsin made plays. Several times I thought to myself geez that’s good coverage

Last edited:
That shows the parallels and differences between tonight's game and the Kentucky game. I've not rewatched it, but given what you have said, contact in both situations was initiated by the referee. Contact was returned by both Richt and Snell. In Richt's case, he grabbed the referee by the arm while Snell didn't do anything like that. Both were flagged. Both, by rule, should have been ejected. Snell was ejected for essentially refusing to be helped up by the referee. Richt was not ejected after forcibly grabbing a referee by the arm. Same rule, two different results. IMO, Snell was treated unfairly while Richt was given preferential treatment.

I disagree with one part. Snell wasn’t ejected for refusing to be helped up, he was ejected for smacking the officials hand/arm out of his way. Watch the replay again.

I don't get this logic. For basketball, sure? For football, it bodes well for the conference to look good. As much as I don't like BC, it was a blow for them to lose to an average Iowa team the way they did.

How is Wisky fundamentally sound? Russell Wilson was their last legit QB and he would have gone pro if he declared at NC State. They do one thing well and that's running the ball. Ohio State did what Miami should have, exploit their lack of athleticism and speed. Like Miami, they had a mediocre QB that made the game closer than it should have been.

With all due respect I don't get your logic either. How does Miami's success have anything to do with SU's success? A stronger Miami makes it that much harder for SU to succeed. I don't see how SU benefits at all from having Miami win bowl games and become more and more relevant. All that aside, you really have to believe it helps SU in order to root for the Canes and their obnoxious players and fans.

Miami was legitimately one of the best teams in the country this year with their defense carrying them. Not their fault Rosier didn't do his part. They couldn't feast on bottom feeders year in and year out like Wisconsin does. They'll be better next year as the QBs behind Rosier are better which is what they needed all year, but Richt went with Malik for experience reasons. He didn't even have a guarantee before the season started. How much football do you watch outside of Syracuse because it is clear you don't watch much.

Seriously? Miami was life and death with several teams not even remotely in the top 50 this year and lost outright to a lousy Pitt squad. Take them out of Hard Rock and they weren't even a legit top 20 team. Then last night they get rolled on their home turf and torn up by a pretty average college QB.

Miami HAS to get rid of the Turnover chain. It was cute and funny at first now it just motivates their opponents and their opponents are playing against Miami likes it's the friggin Super Bowl and after they beat them (Pitt, Clemson, Wisconsin) all they talk about is how they are sick of hearing about the Turnover chain. Time to put that baby in the grave and get rid of it

I think you're 100% right. I hope they keep that chain. :)

Coach losing his mind was an interesting watch.. still the holding before he went crazy was awful, the holding where the DB almost pulled down the WR pants was pretty blatant. I thought the series of plays they used to show the play of the Wisc FB after the leap play was interesting as it clearly showed complete tackling on his 2 big blocks on long runs. Still Miami had 2 drives inside the 20 with a first down and no points. sounds familiar. that last series of play calls was awful and Rozier is just an Avg Qb.

Miami got massively jobbed to the tune of 14 points. 2 calls go different (and correctly) we could be having a different conversation today.

Miami had a month to prepare for Wisconsin. They have more speed than Wisconsin. Miami was playing at home! You have to play for 6o minutes. Wisconsin is the better team. If those same two teams played a second game or rematch at Wisconsin or even at Lambeau Field? I’d take Wisconsin for sure.

Miami was vastly overrated this year. Ending the year with 3 straight losses proved that. Mark Richt is not a big-time coach. He showed that at Georgia and he will show it once again in Miami

On the other hand Wisconsin is building themselves a juggernaut of a program. They are one of the best 5-10 football programs in the country year in and year out and they are rising on that list quickly

Coach losing his mind was an interesting watch.. still the holding before he went crazy was awful, the holding where the DB almost pulled down the WR pants was pretty blatant. I thought the series of plays they used to show the play of the Wisc FB after the leap play was interesting as it clearly showed complete tackling on his 2 big blocks on long runs. Still Miami had 2 drives inside the 20 with a first down and no points. sounds familiar. that last series of play calls was awful and Rozier is just an Avg Qb.

Spot on

Miami was vastly overrated this year. Ending the year with 3 straight losses proved that. Mark Richt is not a big-time coach. He showed that at Georgia and he will show it once again in Miami

On the other hand Wisconsin is building themselves a juggernaut of a program. They are one of the best 5-10 football programs in the country year in and year out and they are rising on that list quickly

Agreed however Ritch is going to have so much talent in a year or two to he’ll be in the ACC champ every year in spite of himself. Filthy young talent. Rozier blows to, once they get a quarterback wow.

Miami got massively jobbed to the tune of 14 points. 2 calls go different (and correctly) we could be having a different conversation today.

I mean how do they missed that holding pass interference call ?

The pilon wasn’t a TD and that was obvious but it’s still first and goal from the one.

Miami really got jobbed on a lot of calls and the right tackle could’ve been called for 15 holds. Blatant and obvious hooking, I mean you have to throw the flag.

Agreed however Ritch is going to have so much talent in a year or two to he’ll be in the ACC champ every year in spite of himself. Filthy young talent. Rozier blows to, once they get a quarterback wow.
don't agree. He is the type of guy who will always find a way to screw it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom