Michael Cohen, not off to a great start... | Syracusefan.com

Michael Cohen, not off to a great start...

690West

Moneyline Master
Just wrote an article titled "Alec Lemon struggles in Senior Bowl". Really? ugh.

How many balls were thrown his way?
How many drops?
How many missed blocking assignments?

Cohen is doing an excellent job thus far.

Syracuse football recruiting update: What's the latest as signing day approaches?

Scott Shafer's coaching staff: From Western Michigan to Syracuse

Freshly enrolled Syracuse football players embrace new coaching direction

All well-sourced and well-written stories. The story referenced in the OP is actually titled Three Syracuse football players struggle in Senior Bowl.

Kid's a good reporter. I expect his stay with the SMG will be fairly short.

good job pointing out cohens work. Looks like he's been very engaged and i look forward to reading his stuff However, my original post about his article today is still valid. No? I'm being nitpicky but his title is flat out misleading.

Just wrote an article titled "Alec Lemon struggles in Senior Bowl". Really? ugh.

How many balls were thrown his way?
How many drops?
How many missed blocking assignments?

Lemon had ONE ball thrown his way ... by Nassib ... the ball that Nassib had picked.

Lemon did make the tackle.

I don't see an article titled "Alec Lemon Struggles in Senior Bowl". I do see an article titled "Three Syracuse football players struggle in Senior Bowl". Is that what you are referring to?

good job pointing out cohens work. Looks like he's been very engaged and i look forward to reading his stuff However, my original post about his article today is still valid. No? I'm being nitpicky but his title is flat out misleading.
When I read it, the headline referenced all three SU guys, not just Lemon.

Guess he couldn't get open.

And the 1 time nassib forced 1 his way, it was picked.

Guess he couldn't get open.

And the 1 time nassib forced 1 his way, it was picked.
And your guess would be incorrect...sorry, had to chime in...did you watch the game? If not, stop "guessing." He was in for about 20 offense plays - open on several, if not most, but the play wasn't going his way. This is the kind of crap post that I've bit my tongue on for 3 years now...

And your guess would be incorrect...sorry, had to chime in...did you watch the game? If not, stop "guessing." He was in for about 20 offense plays - open on several, if not most, but the play wasn't going his way. This is the kind of crap post that I've bit my tongue on for 3 years now...
So he was 'open' when the play wasn't going his way.

Interesting.

'guess' that's what scouts look for.

He doesn't ... you should see his twitter feed at times ... :bang:
He's young. Surely has a lot to learn. He's got some talent, though.

Anyone know if he's even graduated from SU yet?

No idea but thus far not impressed ... he hopefully will grow as a writer but some stuff was just so ridiculous that I almost stopped following him because it wasn't very well thought out ... the hard part I've found with twitter is that if you are following a lot of people regarding the same subject matter like Mike McAllister, Garcia and sometimes guys like Cohen you will see the same damn tweet a 100 times ... that is another aspect that drives me nuts .. oh well rant over LOL ...

Yeah. I sensationalized my thread title a little. I just thought his article should've been titled "Nassib and Pugh struggle in senior bowl" because it's obvious Alec didnt struggle, he just wasn't involved.

Cohen could be a good one. We should give him some time

Yeah. I sensationalized my thread title a little. I just thought his article should've been titled "Nassib and Pugh struggle in senior bowl" because it's obvious Alec didnt struggle, he just wasn't involved.

Cohen could be a good one. We should give him some time
Still think that title is off too. Pugh had a tough series (2 plays) against the UGA DE but other than that was good.

Ryan did struggle but had very little time to throw.

Wish the North wasn't wanting to run so much or go with quick throws so Alec had a chance to get involved.

His article regarding the coaches was choppy...I thought so and I handed it to my wife without saying anything and she said it was extremely difficult to read, no flow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom