Michigan fires coach John Paul / hires Kevin Conry | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Michigan fires coach John Paul / hires Kevin Conry

I thought on the espn 30 for 30 on the duke case it said they settled out of court on it.
They may have. I've lost track of the whole thing.

Screenshot_20170610-175504.png

I've heard Michigan lowered the HC position by a good chunk of change and some interested parties have backed away. Heard Nadelen was there this weekend

I've heard Michigan lowered the HC position by a good chunk of change and some interested parties have backed away. Heard Nadelen was there this weekend
He was the first name I heare back before their tourney run.

The University of Michigan job posting has been taken down. Wouldn't be surprise if there is an announcement sometime this week.

The University of Michigan job posting has been taken down. Wouldn't be surprise if there is an announcement sometime this week.

Any speculation as to whom?

Multiple sources have informed College Crosse that Kevin Conry will be announced as the new head coach at Michigan.
College Crosse on Twitter

Maryland has had a nice defense the last few years but man that hire doesn't scream a big splash a la a Michigan hire. Pretty unimpressive..

Edward Lee‏ @EdwardLeeSun (Baltimore Sun)
Source familiar with @UMichLacrosse job said "no offer made" to @CoachConry. Also did not think he "has spoken with anyone in a few days."

It would have been nice to see Dom Starsia get a shot at redemption. Maybe I am living on past glory and need to move on from the 1990s and 2000s? The end at Virginia felt unfair

It would have been nice to see Dom Starsia get a shot at redemption. Maybe I am living on past glory and need to move on from the 1990s and 2000s? The end at Virginia felt unfair
He's our third coach in which this situation has happened. George Welsh in football and Debbie Ryan in WBball also were legends at UVa whose last seasons were a steady downhill slide from what went before. All threew were convinced they could turn it around when everything about the program showed they couldn't. If anything, our athletic director has a rep of being too slow to fire people because he was unfairly fired from being the MBball coach at Rutgahs.

Starsia should stay retired, it was clear by the end that the game had passed him bye.

I'll give Michigan a letter grade of B for this hire. A little surprised they couldn't bring in someone with HC experience like a Shay, Chemotti, Nadelen, Marr, or Amplo but Conry is arguably one of the best assistants in the country who is familiar with coaching in the Big Ten plus they poach an assistant from a league rival. BTW he played for Johns Hopkins in 2001 and on that particular team are current D1 head coaches Shawn Nadelon (Towson), Greg Raymond (Hobart) and Bobby Benson (assistant coach at Hopkins).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom