Michigan loses, duke wins | Syracusefan.com

Michigan loses, duke wins

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
Any chance duke gets the last 1? Of course there is, it's duke.

Them or Lville.

Or virginia. ACC regular season and tourney champs is no joke. Don't think michigan gets it if they lose today.

Them or Lville.
I understand that Ville is probably the hottest team in the country right now, but they do NOT have the resume of a 1. The committee isn't supposed to use the eye test.

I understand that Ville is probably the hottest team in the country right now, but they do NOT have the resume of a 1. The committee isn't supposed to use the eye test.

Michigan wouldn't either with a loss. Their 8th?

If Michigan loses it honestly should go to Wisconsin regardless of the ACC game. They have 6-7 road/neutral wins better than Dook's 3rd best - which before the ACCT was Miami - and is now Clemson (barely) or NC St. That's a joke. Our body of work is still better than theirs.

No one would really be deserving of that 4th #1 seed IMO.

I think they go with Michigan in the #1 East, no matter what happens today.

You slot the ACC winner as the #2 in the East. The two teams that possibly could say they deserve it.

So either way you get the 1/2 you want in the East. Works perfectly on the s-curve, except possibly reversed.

BuffOrange said:
If Michigan loses it honestly should go to Wisconsin regardless of the ACC game. They have 6-7 road/neutral wins better than Dook's 3rd best - which before the ACCT was Miami - and is now Clemson (barely) or NC St. That's a joke. Our body of work is still better than theirs.

Wisconsin didn't win big 10 regular season or conference tournament. Didn't even get to championship game. They don't deserve it, gotta win at least 1 of those to get a 1.

Wisconsin didn't win big 10 regular season or conference tournament. Didn't even get to championship game. They don't deserve it, gotta win at least 1 of those to get a 1.

Stoneage criteria.

I think Wisconsin has the best body of work as well. If I was in the committee I think I put them as my number one if Michigan loses.

But I don't think the committee really wants to fight for or create contingencies for a team that would be tied for the most losses ever for a #1 seed with no titles.

I think if it had been 6 it would have been a different story. That late game against Nebraska killed them.

BuffOrange said:
Stoneage criteria.

Don't lose to Nebraska last game of regular season and get waxed by Michigan st in conference semis if you want a 1 seed. Win something. You gotta earn a 1 seed.

Don't lose to Nebraska last game of regular season and get waxed by Michigan st in conference semis if you want a 1 seed. Win something. You gotta earn a 1 seed.

Cherry-picking warts in a year where there are only 3 real 1seeds isn't hard to do. I can do it with everyone else too.

A UVA win and they're a 1.

UVA loss and they plus duke are on the 2 line.

PhatOrange said:
A UVA win and they're a 1. UVA loss and they plus duke are on the 2 line.

I agree with this

Michigan wouldn't either with a loss. Their 8th?
In a normal year an 8 loss team would never be a 1. But I'd give them the nod over Ville based purely on metrics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom