Michigan-Michigan State Postgame Festivities... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Michigan-Michigan State Postgame Festivities...

Yeah, it’s weird how some members of society have evolved while others haven’t.

Have 'members of society' evolved? You wouldn't persuade me that much when looking at the past two and 1/2 years or so since Covid hit. There's a plethora of documented (and undocumented) proof out there that one could easily argue otherwise. :(

this shouldn't be that hard, if there is one tunnel(which is there is at the Big House), you clear the visiting team out first while the home team stays on the field, security makes sure there aren't any visiting players or staff still in the tunnel then you let the home team go through the tunnel. takes a few minutes, big deal.

It’s not hard IF you follow directions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Michigan State the school who did nothing about the doctor who sexually violated multiple young women on the U.S. Olympic team? If so, what happened in the tunnel shouldn't be a surprise!

He ran in ahead of them talking ****. There’s a video of it somewhere.

Not saying he deserved it, but he did kind of ask for it.

A bunch of players trying to beat each others brains out (literally) for 60 minutes probably shouldn’t exit into the same tunnel.
Awful take. There's no excuse and the entire team just watching as one of them bludgeons a kid is disgusting. I hope they suspend everyone in that tunnel that stood by and watched and expel anyone that actively participated.

It’s lousy behavior all around. Just cracks me up that people love to tell stories about “back in the day” when something like this happened (see: every Florida State-Miami game in the 90s), but when it happens today there’s shock and outrage. We’re weird creatures.
Well, I'd like to think we are getting better, but apparently not.

Awful take. There's no excuse and the entire team just watching as one of them bludgeons a kid is disgusting. I hope they suspend everyone in that tunnel that stood by and watched and expel anyone that actively participated.
Including Mr Skipper who was running his mouth and bumping into the opposing team which set the whole thing off right? Or are only reactors held accountable?

Including Mr Skipper who was running his mouth and bumping into the opposing team which set the whole thing off right? Or are only reactors held accountable?
No amount of mouth running justifies assault and battery with a deadly weapon. If you think it's acceptable to be beaten by 10 people like that because they may or may not have talked some smack over a game then I hope you don't work anywhere around kids. Ridiculous take

No amount of mouth running justifies assault and battery with a deadly weapon. If you think it's acceptable to be beaten by 10 people like that because they may or may not have talked some smack over a game then I hope you don't work anywhere around kids. Ridiculous take
There is nothing “ridiculous” about instigators being held accountable to their poor behavior as well.

Nowhere in my post did I say a violent reaction was acceptable irrespective of whether it was by helmet or hand. If you actually read it you would see that.

Last edited:
What’s with the plain clothes coward for MSU that takes off once the beating begins as if he’s next ? Maybe as a grown adult you walk towards the situation and try to talk some sense into your boys ?

Exit: apparently he’s the director of football operations

Last edited:
What’s with the plain clothes coward for MSU that takes off once the beating begins as if he’s next ? Maybe as a grown adult you walk towards the situation and try to talk some sense into your boys ?
Yeah I saw that too, not sure what his role is but definitely doesn’t show well on film for sure.

There is nothing “ridiculous” about instigators being held accountable to their poor behavior as well.

Nowhere in my post did I say a violent reaction was acceptable irrespective of whether it was by helmet or hand. If you actually read it you would see that.
You made it all about a kid skipping back to the locker room with absolutely zero proof he instigated anyone. Those two kids by all reports went to the locker room after every single game. Michigan and OSU players and MSU players have walked up the tunnel together 100 times in their history with nothing like this ever occurring.

Stop your whataboutism and distraction from the actual issue. It’s a ridiculous take. It’s like questioning the victim of a DUI head on collision for why they’re out at 3 am. Absolutely pointless and a distraction from the POS that chose to drive drunk.

You made it all about a kid skipping back to the locker room with absolutely zero proof he instigated anyone. Those two kids by all reports went to the locker room after every single game. Michigan and OSU players and MSU players have walked up the tunnel together 100 times in their history with nothing like this ever occurring.

Stop your whataboutism and distraction from the actual issue. It’s a ridiculous take. It’s like questioning the victim of a DUI head on collision for why they’re out at 3 am. Absolutely pointless and a distraction from the POS that chose to drive drunk.
He was an instigator. His trash talking was documented by first hand accounts and it's documented on video that he was bumping into people while doing it. That's instigation by any definition.

So if you want to deny he was an instigator, that's your decision. I know what I read and what I saw. This is a case of an a-hole running into a larger group of and both should be held accountable to their actions. And no amount of you insulting me or my intelligence is going to change that.

And quite frankly, you should be ashamed of yourself for even bringing an innocent person getting hit by a drunk driver into this conversation. There is no comparison here. Period.

Last edited:
The Michigan player was looking for trouble and found it. If the helmet wasn’t involved, okay. Not my style personally, but understandable.

The swinging of the helmet however changes everything; you don’t get to beat someone with a blunt object because they disrespected you. And if the helmet was being swung at the other players head (I can’t tell), well I don’t even want to imagine the worse case scenario on that.

That is insane.

Again, you failed to read what I wrote. Writing "are only reactors held accountable" does not make it all about the instigator. But you're too busy going on self-righteous diatribes and making personal insults towards other posters to take the time to actually read what was written.

What's ridiculous is YOU comparing someone innocently driving at 3am to a person skipping around like a jackass, talking trash, and bumping into people. A person innocently driving around at 3am is not an instigator of ANYTHING. So STOP IT.

What's ridiculous is people like YOU acting like someone who is an instigator is a "victim". They're not. They're an a-hole who ran into a larger a-hole. And both should be held accountable for their actions.

And this is my last post on the topic because, quite frankly, you're not worth my time.

You, in all probability, would lose this argument in a court of law, both on the criminal and civil side. Additionally, the extenuating circumstances in this particular instance appear far less than the aggravating factors.

You, in all probability, would lose this argument in a court of law, both on the criminal and civil side. Additionally, the extenuating circumstances in this particular instance appear far less than the aggravating factors.
This isn't about a court of law. The point is that only penalizing the reactive party doesn't address the root cause of the incident. And if as a society we don't address the root cause as well as the reaction, then this stuff inevitably is going to continue to happen.

This isn't about a court of law. The point is that only penalizing the reactive party doesn't address the root cause of the incident. And if as a society we don't address the root cause as well as the reaction, then this stuff inevitably is going to continue to happen.

Well, you, in apparent absolution, stated the instigator is not a victim. You couldn't be more inaccurate.

If someone flips me off in traffic and starts tailgating me, I don’t get to mollywhop them with a blunt object.. even though they started it. And if I did, no one is going to care about who started it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom