Michigan State | Syracusefan.com

Michigan State

MSU shouldn't have a problem; UCOnn has a chance obviously, but this is a really bad matchup for them.

Sparty's the team I follow most closely after Syracuse. They're a horrible matchup for UConn. Payne and Dawson should have huge games.

We will see. I don't know if I like UConn in a rematch against Florida, but they have that air about them right now. Everything falling into place. Hope you are right.

Sparty's the team I follow most closely after Syracuse. They're a horrible matchup for UConn. Payne and Dawson should have huge games.

Have a shocking number of friends who are MSU alumni. Definitely cheer for them when they're not playing us. Though was pulling for UVA tonight a bit.

I don't like Michigan State.
That said, On Sunday I will be rooting for them as hard as I ever have for a team not named Syracuse.

If it wasn't for wanting them to win I'd consider them a lock vs uconn.
My preferences were 0-4 tonight.
Cant wait for Bills football! FML. Sometimes I don't know why I bother with sports.
I hear ya... My favorite Philly Eagle was cut today... loved jackson, now finding out he is part of a gang and connected in tons of murders.. now UK wins... UGH... and Uconnvicts... Sports are painful

Napier will go off. But what will boatright and Daniels do?

Napier will go off. But what will boatright and Daniels do?
Payne and Dawson should have a field day in the paint. If Daniels plays that well 2 games in a row they deserve to go the FF.

MSU is the 2nd best defensive team that UConn will see all year (besides Ville, who beat them 3 times). UConn plays well when the other team wants to try to outrun them, but I think they'll struggle against a team as physical as MSU.

I hadn't seen MSU all year until the tourney. Payne's performance last night was shocking, just unbelievable. Hopefully he plays that well again Sunday.

I hadn't seen MSU all year until the tourney. Payne's performance last night was shocking, just unbelievable. Hopefully he plays that well again Sunday.

He had 41 in the 2nd round game against Harvard.

At this stage, due to who's left, I'm clearly rooting for MSU, primarily for the pure human element story that has been well documented between Payne and Lacey...

No way Daniels goes off like that again. UConn is sort of matchup proof. Doesn't matter if the guards stay hot and anything extra from anybody else is a nice bonus. I thought ISU was a bad matchup for them since ISU is SO good in the paint.

Both ISU and Tennessee sort of fell asleep in the first halves defending the 3 point line. Cost them.

No way Daniels goes off like that again. UConn is sort of matchup proof. Doesn't matter if the guards stay hot and anything extra from anybody else is a nice bonus. I thought ISU was a bad matchup for them since ISU is SO good in the paint.

Both ISU and Tennessee sort of fell asleep in the first halves defending the 3 point line. Cost them.

Still think if ISU has their best player who was hurt in that UNC game they win...

ISU didn't have Niang; Ejim was 1/11 from the field until the last 30 seconds, and ISU still only lost by like 5. Hogue and Daniels both played extremely well.

You could argue MSU is the toughest mathcup out of anyone else left for UConn (besdies maybe Kentucky).

Watching ISU and Nova, they just weren't that good. UConn's toughest game was St.Joe's; they deserve to be where they are, but I think UK has had the most impressive road so far.

ISU didn't have Niang; Ejim was 1/11 from the field until the last 30 seconds, and ISU still only lost by like 5. Hogue and Daniels both played extremely well.

You could argue MSU is the toughest mathcup out of anyone else left for UConn (besdies maybe Kentucky).

Watching ISU and Nova, they just weren't that good. UConn's toughest game was St.Joe's; they deserve to be where they are, but I think UK has had the most impressive road so far.

Oh no question UK. They have played great. Great ball. I think ISU is very good. Just surprised Ejim struggled so much. I thought they could win even without Niang up until MSU. But, their achilles heel is D and them not contesting UConn 3s early cost them.

Oh no question UK. They have played great. Great ball. I think ISU is very good. Just surprised Ejim struggled so much. I thought they could win even without Niang up until MSU. But, their achilles heel is D and them not contesting UConn 3s early cost them.
Agreed, Napier hit those 4 3s early on, I thought it was curtains for ISU. Hogue was a beast, Kane did his part, Long and Morris were decent; but Ejim even had an average game, they'd be advancing. Tough way for that kid to end his career. He was missing bunnies too. Him and CJ are close friends, both going through pretty much the same thing. Although it's probably easier mentally to lose in round 2 than round 3.

Agreed, Napier hit those 4 3s early on, I thought it was curtains for ISU. Hogue was a beast, Kane did his part, Long and Morris were decent; but Ejim even had an average game, they'd be advancing. Tough way for that kid to end his career. He was missing bunnies too. Him and CJ are close friends, both going through pretty much the same thing. Although it's probably easier mentally to lose in round 2 than round 3.

Yep. That Hogue is a beast driving to the rim. Morris is a talented frosh. Might've been a different outcome in a different venue. Maybe not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom