Might cut the cord | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Might cut the cord

Every time. On my phone however, no issue
Finally was able to connect my Youtube account to the ESPN app on my fire stick! Just in time for today. Not sure why it wouldn't work earlier this week.

I still have a tv in my bedroom that I could watch if I needed to, but this tv with the fire stick is in my main room and is bigger and I prefer it.

IDK about anything about Fubo, but YouTube TV has the ACC Network and usually a CW network station. Because it carries the ACCN, you can access games that are ACC Network Xtra on the ESPN app.
Do you login to the espn app with your youtube tv credentials?

Do you login to the espn app with your youtube tv credentials?
Yes. A code appears on the screen. I go to espn.com/activate, type in the code, and then log in with my YouTube TV credentials (after scrolling to the bottom of the list of providers to find and select it).

Finally was able to connect my Youtube account to the ESPN app on my fire stick! Just in time for today. Not sure why it wouldn't work earlier this week.

I still have a tv in my bedroom that I could watch if I needed to, but this tv with the fire stick is in my main room and is bigger and I prefer it.
I have to do it every time I use the app. I don’t get it. On my phone it just works. Every time.

The day my daughter was born
My wedding day
discovering multi view for YouTubeTV (rising quickly)

DirecTV just pulled the CW. Now i can’t watch LIV.

This is WAR!

Anyone familiar with 'Cuse TV?
Its a paid subscription to watch live SU games offered by SidearmSports and Learfield.
I think if memory serves me, it was (or still is) called Syracuse All Access.
I know there are other ways to watch, and some offer more content than what I need but as far as I know, none will guarantee that I can watch all SU games LAX, FB, BB and others live living like I do in NC.

I have to do it every time I use the app. I don’t get it. On my phone it just works. Every time.
could be because the phone can geo locate and most other devices dont so they want to force you to prove you are the owner of the acct as close as they can.. who knows.

Just switched to YouTube tv this weekend. Just need to deal with spectrum landline phone number (porting to mobile phone (prepaid) and then google voice

From that article, the biggest frustrations seem to be:

1. MLB putting games all over the place. Peacock, Prime (Yankees anyway), Apple TV.
2. MLB's expansive blackout areas.
3. If you live local to your professional teams, it's actually harder because they so quickly drop your local channel.

Thankfully for me, as a new YouTubeTV subscriber, only #2 impacts me (when the Yankees play the O's and Nats). That doesn't happen as much with the new scheduling format.

I'm still a little nervous about missing something with college football, but hasn't happened thru 2 weeks. RSN games moving to The CW helps. Verizon Wireless including a subscription to ESPN+ helps too.

I love the college game multi-view, just wish I could pick which 4 games go in the boxes. Maybe I can, but I haven't been smart enough to figure it out yet.

From that article, the biggest frustrations seem to be:

1. MLB putting games all over the place. Peacock, Prime (Yankees anyway), Apple TV.
2. MLB's expansive blackout areas.
3. If you live local to your professional teams, it's actually harder because they so quickly drop your local channel.

Thankfully for me, as a new YouTubeTV subscriber, only #2 impacts me (when the Yankees play the O's and Nats). That doesn't happen as much with the new scheduling format.

I'm still a little nervous about missing something with college football, but hasn't happened thru 2 weeks. RSN games moving to The CW helps. Verizon Wireless including a subscription to ESPN+ helps too.

I love the college game multi-view, just wish I could pick which 4 games go in the boxes. Maybe I can, but I haven't been smart enough to figure it out yet.

If you figure out how to pick 4 games for the multi-view, please let us know.

So I tried a 5 day trial of directv stream and found it lame compared to YouTube Tv. It’s annoying though that they are the only service that has mlb / nhl networks and regional sports

Directv doesn’t get it. For an optimal viewing experience you have to buy some stupid box and connect it to your TV. Thsts a deal breaker. We are cutting cords because we HATE equipment . Now I’m supposed to get a streaming service and then buy 5 boxes for all my TVs ?

So I tried a 5 day trial of directv stream and found it lame compared to YouTube Tv. It’s annoying though that they are the only service that has mlb / nhl networks and regional sports

Directv doesn’t get it. For an optimal viewing experience you have to buy some stupid box and connect it to your TV. Thsts a deal breaker. We are cutting cords because we HATE equipment . Now I’m supposed to get a streaming service and then buy 5 boxes for all my TVs ?
I tried Direct TV earlier this year and did not need a box, except for one non-smart TV. I would have kept it except I wasn't able to get Fox which I wanted for football and baseball. What are the negatives for you for YouTube TV?

a month or 2 into YTTV. there's no going back for me. It's awesome. can't believe I waited this long. wife is belly aching over no NHL network, but she'll survive.

a month or 2 into YTTV. there's no going back for me. It's awesome. can't believe I waited this long. wife is belly aching over no NHL network, but she'll survive.
Spend 99$ for espn+ and she will get all the hockey she needs.

I use both a bunch.. I hate youtube tv. DirecTV stream is fine for me but I also have directv sat boxes where I can.

What is the box you need for? Is it the DVR piece? I dont have any extra equipment with my Directv Stream but I also dont use it for any DVR stuff just for watching events live.

Bump.
Anyone else's sling tv die on them?
Tried all troubleshooting steps and just cancelled them as they did nothing to fix it.

No more SU basketball games for me. Not going back to cable and not spending money I can't afford to spend, on the gamble that the service might actually work. I guess I will try to sift out info on the game threads!

Bump.
Tried all troubleshooting steps and just cancelled them as they did nothing to fix it.

No more SU basketball games for me. Not going back to cable and not spending money I can't afford to spend, on the gamble that the service might actually work. I guess I will try to sift out info on the game threads!

The app or tv?

The app or tv?
TV unfortunately. Rebooted the router, signed out and in, rebooted the tv and then I noticed a software update on the tv's sling app. Yesterday. Probably a buggy update and it looks like Samsung updated the app automatically. Gotta love software.

Bump.

Ouch.
I'm in Mexico, so my options are limited until i get a VPN-enabled router. I do use Hulu Live TV. That gets me ESPN which includes the ACCNX games. I do have problem with Hulu itself geolocating and not working for its service, but it still tells the ESPN app that i'm a subscriber, so ESPN works (mostly).

This is on the AppleTV device.

Hulu Live TV is expensive, though. $90/month? For those in the US, it should work pretty seamlessly.

I use both a bunch.. I hate youtube tv. DirecTV stream is fine for me but I also have directv sat boxes where I can.

What is the box you need for? Is it the DVR piece? I dont have any extra equipment with my Directv Stream but I also dont use it for any DVR stuff just for watching events live.
I switched to Direct TV and then realized I couldn't get Fox and all their Football and Baseball games. I tried thee different antennas and still couldn't pick it up.

I switched back to Spectrum but will probably switch to YouTube TV in the Spring unless there is another option I like better.

Ouch.
I'm in Mexico, so my options are limited until i get a VPN-enabled router. I do use Hulu Live TV. That gets me ESPN which includes the ACCNX games. I do have problem with Hulu itself geolocating and not working for its service, but it still tells the ESPN app that i'm a subscriber, so ESPN works (mostly).

Hulu Live TV is expensive, though. $90/month? For those in the US, it should work pretty seamlessly.
I'm still fighting the good fight. Known for my troubleshooting as a software engineer, I will battle it and end up resubscribing haha. I need sports, specifically SU bball, NY Giant games and ski/surf/skate sports.

Ouch.

An Amazon FireTV Stick allows you to install VPN applications.

Easy to start the VPN app and place your virtual self back in the US. Launch your streaming app (YouTubeTV, in my case) and watch your favorite shows.

This works well on my iPad mini as well. Use the VPN and use your streaming app.

This typically won't work on your phone as the app may be able to obtain your physical location even if you use a VPN.

VPN apps will require subscription. I use NordVPN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom