Might cut the cord | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Might cut the cord

The only thing I really miss is tv land, which only gives me repeats I’ve already seen a hundred times. So happy we moved to YTTV.

No Weather Channel for starters, and I’m a weather freek. They’re going to have to step up.
What about this?

No Weather Channel for starters, and I’m a weather freek. They’re going to have to step up.

I get that from my phone. I get that. I'm always checking my phone to make sure what to wear for a coat that day.

So say the rich investment people who don't care that the US is only about 25th in the world in Internet speed per dollar paid. I remember dial-up, people, and was one of the first people in the country to have "broadband" (DSL service) in the mid-to-late 90s.
Greater bandwidth means better performance. You can't go faster than the speed at which the content is served, but (a) you can't take advantage of the server's maximum speed if you can't match it; and (b) if you have multiple devices, the greater bandwidth means great capacity, which enables more concurrent users.
Not a hoax. Science.

WSJ = anti-competitive US monopolist interests, not what's actually best, just what's best for investors. And that's the status quo.

so youre saying prices are higher in the united states? duh!

also very ironic you are arguing in favor of a telecom behemoth while calling wsj anti-competitive

so much to chew on in your post, although very little substance.

so youre saying prices are higher in the united states? duh!

also very ironic you are arguing in favor of a telecom behemoth while calling wsj anti-competitive

so much to chew on in your post, although very little substance.

No, price for what you get, currency neutral.

Here's one more.

Basically, you'll see that a handful of countries in Europe and Asia have better Internet than us. We come in around 15-20, depending on the metrics. When you factor in price, the difference in value becomes more pronounced. We invented the damn Internet. Corporations have taken it over in monopoly fashion. There is very little market competition; rather a collection of mini-monopolies control the market. "Capitalism", American Style.

No, price for what you get, currency neutral.

Here's one more.

Basically, you'll see that a handful of countries in Europe and Asia have better Internet than us. We come in around 15-20, depending on the metrics. When you factor in price, the difference in value becomes more pronounced. We invented the damn Internet. Corporations have taken it over in monopoly fashion. There is very little market competition; rather a collection of mini-monopolies control the market. "Capitalism", American Style.

Im not sure your facts speak to our discussion about whether faster internet as advertised by U.S. telecoms is a hoax. The prices might be higher here for the reasons you mentioned but your arguments almost support my underlying point.

Im not sure your facts speak to our discussion about whether faster internet as advertised by U.S. telecoms is a hoax. The prices might be higher here for the reasons you mentioned but your arguments almost support my underlying point.

False advertising claims are not the same thing as saying fast internet isn't really faster,
If you are limiting your comment to false advertising claims, then I won't argue with that.

Yes. It is on a regional Sports Network tonight. Like Fox Florida, MASN, etc...

You can also use ESPN+

MASN doesn't carry ACC games. It's usually on NBC Sports Washington, aka the old Home Team Sports/Comcast Sports Net that carries the Capitals and Wizards.

False advertising claims are not the same thing as saying fast internet isn't really faster,
If you are limiting your comment to false advertising claims, then I won't argue with that.

im saying that any "faster" internet you can buy probably wont make a material difference in your user experience. i have standard internet speeds from spectrum and have had zero issues with youtube tv freezing or otherwise malfunctioning. my picture is just as clear as cable.

i don't get why you would argue that internet speeds are in fact faster but support your argument with facts that internet is slower in the usa than in other countries.

YouTube losing the YES network?! Good be a deal breaker for me.

streamers are gonna be in the same boat with costs and channel issues, it will just take a few yrs to get there as there is so much competition now. with 10 yrs it will be the same complaint about costs just with 1/3 of the channels you get on cable now.

streamers are gonna be in the same boat with costs and channel issues, it will just take a few yrs to get there as there is so much competition now. with 10 yrs it will be the same complaint about costs just with 1/3 of the channels you get on cable now.

*Shrug*. So then you take 30 seconds to cancel your membership, and hop onto the next wave.

No loyalty to any of these companies. Somebody will always be offering the best value, and that’s who I’ll go with.

Comcast has given up worrying about the average cable customer. They’re only concern now is catering to high end subscribers and folks who want wifi/internet.

Get Hulu. I pay $55 a month. Includes acc network. Dvr. Everything and easy to watch on the go. Plus u get espn app with it. Never missed a game since switching

I'm still sticking with FiOS TV and paying the extra $. Only way to get everything I want.

And now that I work from home every day, my kids no longer have pre or post school care costs, no summer camp costs, can't go out to dinner as much and re-financed my mortgage to a rate that's hardly believable, I barely notice the FiOS cost.

Only problem left is that there are no sports to watch yet.

I just got the email for the price increase. I will jump back to sling with air tv for locals while sports are shot.

What is it with the yes network? They are always feuding with someone.

I've been with YoutubeTV for awhile. The latest additions are horrible. Not interested in any of the new channels. I expect to switch in a few weeks.
A $15 or month jump for content that we’re not interested in seems like a poor move on their part.
Since my neighbor just took down his tree a return DirecTV May be in order.

Get Hulu. I pay $55 a month. Includes acc network. Dvr. Everything and easy to watch on the go. Plus u get espn app with it. Never missed a game since switching

Seconded. Hulu has been my go-to. It's not the cheapest solution but it meets the wife's needs plus all the sports needs. We also have Netflix and I have Prime because of cheap shipping which gets some TV too. Still far cheaper than cable even with all 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom