Might cut the cord | Syracusefan.com

Might cut the cord

DaCuse

Shooting a deuce for da Cuse!
So right now I have the ACC network but my wife and I are considering cutting the cord because spectrum increased our bill by $60. If I keep my Internet and get ESPN plus for my iPad will I still be able to watch Syracuse basketball and football games? At least the ones that would regularly be shown on ESPN?

I cut the cord about 2 months ago. I switched to Youtube TV and haven't looked back. Youtube TV has just about every channel I'm interested in watching, including ACCN. I do have a fiber internet service which is crazy fast and have 6 TVs in the house all connected via WiFi. I will admit that it's not perfect, but going from over $200/month to $50 makes it worth it in my opinion.

So right now I have the ACC network but my wife and I are considering cutting the cord because spectrum increased our bill by $60. If I keep my Internet and get ESPN plus for my iPad will I still be able to watch Syracuse basketball and football games? At least the ones that would regularly be shown on ESPN?
ESPN + has nothing to do with normal ESPN content. It is a premium service that gives you access to content from the ‘island of unwanted toy’ conferences. Ivy League, AAC, B12, etc. Plus soccer from Europe and other fringe stuff that is not mainstream.

If we want the content on the ESPN Channels, you need to either pony up for tv services that include ESPN channels or pay for Internet only and subscribe to a streaming content provider, like YouTube TV, Hulu, etc.

I just got rid of Spectrum , switched to YouTube tv. It depends on where you live but in Albany I get ACC network plus the New York channels - Yes and MSG - that sometimes carry SU games. So far all is good. And I am saving $90 per month. As far as ESPN + I got that for $5 per month. I’ll never miss a game.

I cut the cord about 2 months ago. I switched to Youtube TV and haven't looked back. Youtube TV has just about every channel I'm interested in watching, including ACCN. I do have a fiber internet service which is crazy fast and have 6 TVs in the house all connected via WiFi. I will admit that it's not perfect, but going from over $200/month to $50 makes it worth it in my opinion.
Does this work well for watching live sports?

I have Spectrum and it is costing me $200/month, as you said. Feel like if I cancel actual cable I’ll be missing too much, but maybe I’m wrong.

As an aside, you ever hit Doherty’s for Sunday brunch? After Clouds downtown it is my favorite Sunday spot, Apex or Cary location. Hit Apex yesterday so I could watch the Manchester United/Liverpool match.

I went for the Hulu Live TV, Disney, ESPN+ deal. It is working out really well. I also get what is called Frndly which has the weather channel and hallmark which were musts for my wife. I stayed with Comcast but only internet.

I just got rid of Spectrum , switched to YouTube tv. It depends on where you live but in Albany I get ACC network plus the New York channels - Yes and MSG - that sometimes carry SU games. So far all is good. And I am saving $90 per month. As far as ESPN + I got that for $5 per month. I’ll never miss a game.
Tell us more. How much are you paying and for how many TV's? I only have one smart TV, and a couple dumb ones, like their owner. What are my options?

Tell us more. How much are you paying and for how many TV's? I only have one smart TV, and a couple dumb ones, like their owner. What are my options?
50 bucks a month. Any non smart TV can be used with Chromecast, roku or something similar provided you have an iPhone or something. I cut the cord a few weeks ago. Service works great and I was pushed to make the move due to Xfinity not having ACCN. Couldn’t be happier. I’m all in at 125 per month right now for YouTube and internet vs 250 prior.

I don't think that'll work for you the way you think. ESPN+ is it's own thing.

Get YouTubeTV. Many here have mentioned it. Do it. Life will be easier and better. Plus, it'll cost less than what Spectrum just increased your bill by.

Whoa, you get YES on YouTubeTV?

Question for fellow YouTubeTV’ers, have you noticed while watching a live sporting event that yours is a little behind someone watching on cable?

I noticed this Saturday during the VT game while my friend and I were texting back and forth during the game and his was ahead of mine.

So will the Super Bowl be available on YouTube TV?

youtube channels you lose, rough guess some things have changed

MSG sabres knicks rangers

Hallmark channels
Life
Me Tv
QVC
NFL
NHL
TVG
History
Vice
Nik channels
TVland
ION
CMT
BET
MYV
VH1
UP
NASA
CSPAN
Weather channel
RFD

spectrum with internet is $100 why are people paying $200 unless you add on channels you dont get with Youtube anyway? more TVs bump that cost too

See what Tobias said. I got roku for second TV. For ANYONE thinking about cutting out cable, do it! I hesitated for almost two years before doing it and now I wish I had just made the switch sooner. I am not missing anything. You can trial YouTube TV for two weeks free to be sure . We did that and switched after a day of seeing what they offered.

youtube tv is what i have. had some initial anxiety that lasted less than a day. the picture is just as good as cable. i use spectrum internet, doubt you even need faster than that. if you do research, youll find out that "faster" internet is a huge hoax. youtube tv has unlimited dvr. it even removes some of the ads automatically when recording, which is very cool. the ONLY thing i feel like im missing is nfl network. that's legitimately it. i get every Syracuse game, and i get local channels. i live in nyc so those are the local stations i get. cable is for the birds.

Most if not all offer a free trial. I've got Hulu and I like it. I've had Sling and directtvnow which became at&now. All were fine and all are slightly different. I will probably switch soon just because Hulu just increased the price again. Try them out and see which one you like.

as i counter argument if come nfl season you want nfl network spectrum offers a streaming package of 10 channels plus locals for 24.99 plus fees(~31) I am also a youttube tv person as they channels are great only 1 or 2 channels that i normally watched not included(diy network and nfl network around the draft and during the season)

I have sling and I love it. Best decision I ever made. Switched my internet to Fios as well.

I started out with slingtv when I first cut the cord and probably had it for about 2 years. Definitely a good move. Sometimes I would have freezing issues with slingtv and I’ve never had them since switching to YouTubeTV. Also, it doesn’t have locals and my digital antenna would not pull in Fox which was a problem in football season. I like that sling offers different packages and it’s really easy to switch between them.

I started out with slingtv when I first cut the cord and probably had it for about 2 years. Definitely a good move. Sometimes I would have freezing issues with slingtv and I’ve never had them since switching to YouTubeTV. Also, it doesn’t have locals and my digital antenna would not pull in Fox which was a problem in football season. I like that sling offers different packages and it’s really easy to switch between them.

I got a 50 mile antennae and it works great. I went with sling because it had Redzone for football season. I may change to YouTube because I don’t get MSG, Yes or SNY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom