Might cut the cord | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Might cut the cord

The problem you'll face in not having TBS is that the contract for the B-ball playoffs has a lot of games on TBS, TNT, and their buddies, not just on CBS.
You can work around that for March Madness

That is the only time during the year I watch TBS.

Ok I just signed up for YouTube TV yesterday and am testing our the DVR functionality. Is there a way that I can just record one episode of a series and not the entire series? I'm sure I am missing something simple.

Ok I just signed up for YouTube TV yesterday and am testing our the DVR functionality. Is there a way that I can just record one episode of a series and not the entire series? I'm sure I am missing something simple.
Hmmm not sure but you can always stop the series after the fact.

The DVR is really robust though

You can work around that for March Madness

That is the only time during the year I watch TBS.
My workaround would just be….cancel FUBO for March, and buy a different service that carries TBS for that month?

The flexibility to go month by month is the best part of streaming, for me. Those cable companies acting like we were married to them was their biggest mistake.

I don't think so. But...the DVR storage is limitless. You can just watch the episode you are interested in and not worry about taking up storage space with the rest of the series. I think programs are stored for like 9 months and then deleted automatically. So, you really don't have to do anything once you set it to record something. Or, as Mark said, just stop the series anytime you want.

If you didn't already know, you can also set the DVR in advance to record all SU games or any other team, league, event, etc. There is an option to prevent "spoilers" if you don't want to see the score ahead of time for a game you didn't watch yet.

YTTV DVR is really good.

I don't think so. But...the DVR storage is limitless. You can just watch the episode you are interested in and not worry about taking up storage space with the rest of the series. I think programs are stored for like 9 months and then deleted automatically. So, you really don't have to do anything once you set it to record something. Or, as Mark said, just stop the series anytime you want.

If you didn't already know, you can also set the DVR in advance to record all SU games or any other team, league, event, etc. There is an option to prevent "spoilers" if you don't want to see the score ahead of time for a game you didn't watch yet.

YTTV DVR is really good.
Agree. So far i am quite pleased with what I see from the DVR functionality and everything in general. Very easy to search and record for Syracuse games. And you're right - with the unlimited DVR, it doesn't really matter if something I don't want gets recorded. For the most part, I'll be recording sports anyway.

I waited for the RSN issue to be out of the way before I made the switch from Spectrum,(because I know for sure they would have been blacked out in my area if I tried to use Watch ESPN) and I think I'm going to like it.

Agree. So far i am quite pleased with what I see from the DVR functionality and everything in general. Very easy to search and record for Syracuse games. And you're right - with the unlimited DVR, it doesn't really matter if something I don't want gets recorded. For the most part, I'll be recording sports anyway.

I waited for the RSN issue to be out of the way before I made the switch from Spectrum,(because I know for sure they would have been blacked out in my area if I tried to use Watch ESPN) and I think I'm going to like it.
The one big negative of YouTube dvr is that games wouldn't stay on there indefinitely. The game needs to be rebroadcast periodically to stay on the dvr. I miss my old physical cable box dvr, because I could keep a great SU game on there forever basically.

I still only see $50 discount even as a YTTV subscriber. I also don't see the $150 deal listed on any other sites except that reviewgeek page.
Yikes I can't find it any other place either. I looked at other things this site had posted and it appeared to be reputable. So I do apologize if I passed along incorrect information.

Yikes I can't find it any other place either. I looked at other things this site had posted and it appeared to be reputable. So I do apologize if I passed along incorrect information.

Oh that’s ok. I would have maybe been tempted at $150 off but I had told my buddy recently of the $50 off and was going to pass on that it was $150 now.

The NFL app is a great alternative to Sunday ticket if you don’t mind missing the game live. For ~$10 a month I watch every Bears game pretty soon after it finishes and for whatever reason half the broadcast have the commercials already cut out. Thought I’d hate not watching games live but having the day to do other things and just watching the game later and the time to watch being cut in half or better has been great. Then when the season ends I end the monthly subscription and renew again, about now for preseason games.

Just wait until Sunday Ticket blows up YTTV.
Jim Cramer pointed it out today on CNBC, but I don’t think he understands the tech behind it vs. regular YouTube (nor Twitter).
YTTV ≠ Sunday Ticket streaming ≠ YouTube ≠ X.

YTTV DVR is really good.
Just ditched cable for YTTV this weekend. Can you not fast forward through adds on DVR library stuff? Pretty sure I read you could

Just ditched cable for YTTV this weekend. Can you not fast forward through adds on DVR library stuff? Pretty sure I read you could
Yeah, you can but not in all cases. Typically you can when you select the Recorded version but not the VOD version (video on demand). Also, Last season I would start watching the DVR recording of a live game about 40 minutes after the live game started. That way you can fast forward through the commercials as long as you don't catch up with the live action. Be sure to research how to prevent "spoilers" if you don't see the final score before you finish watching the recorded version.

It depends on which version of a show you pull up. When you select a show from the DVR, it will ask you which version. Always choose the over-the-air version from your local channel. For example, if you DVR Law and Order, it will record the over-the-air version of that episode and the Peacock version when it airs on that. You can FF through the commercials on the OTA version, but you can't on the Peacock version (unless you are logged in as a Peacock subscriber).

One issue with YouTube tv and live sports . If you are watching a live event.. but are a little behind. And the event ends while you are still not caught up…. All hell will occasionally break loose. For this reason I tend not to watch a live event on a delay unless I know I can catch up to real time

Just wait until Sunday Ticket blows up YTTV.
Jim Cramer pointed it out today on CNBC, but I don’t think he understands the tech behind it vs. regular YouTube (nor Twitter).
YTTV ≠ Sunday Ticket streaming ≠ YouTube ≠ X.
What do you mean "blows up" YTTV?

One issue with YouTube tv and live sports . If you are watching a live event.. but are a little behind. And the event ends while you are still not caught up…. All hell will occasionally break loose. For this reason I tend not to watch a live event on a delay unless I know I can catch up to real time
Interesting. Was wondering about this scenario - have had yttv for awhile now but have not yet done the delayed viewing of live event...

It depends on which version of a show you pull up. When you select a show from the DVR, it will ask you which version. Always choose the over-the-air version from your local channel. For example, if you DVR Law and Order, it will record the over-the-air version of that episode and the Peacock version when it airs on that. You can FF through the commercials on the OTA version, but you can't on the Peacock version (unless you are logged in as a Peacock subscriber).
Hmmm…I have added shows to the library (ie bachelor) but don’t remember being asked about OTA. Maybe I’m doing it wrong

Can you elaborate on this? My dad does this all the time and will want the details? What happens if the event ends?

Hmmm…I have added shows to the library (ie bachelor) but don’t remember being asked about OTA. Maybe I’m doing it wrong
Pretty sure you won't see an "OTA" option but I'm not this might vary in different parts of the country. When you select a record option, the VOD option will not allow you to fast forward commercials. Certain channels like the major broadcast stations will allow for skipping commercials option.

Pretty sure you won't see an "OTA" option but I'm not this might vary in different parts of the country. When you select a record option, the VOD option will not allow you to fast forward commercials. Certain channels like the major broadcast stations will allow for skipping commercials option.
I was told “record” is to hit the plus sign and add to your library. Is that not right?

Can you elaborate on this? My dad does this all the time and will want the details? What happens if the event ends?
Based on my experience, I've never had an issue with watching a live game on a delayed basis, even when the live event ended and I was still watching.

I was told “record” is to hit the plus sign and add to your library. Is that not right?
Yes. When you go to the Library to watch a recorded event be sure to pick the DVR version and not the VOD. These options will also be dependent on how you first record - pick network versions when you can (or what Hoo called OTA)

Thats pretty much standard.. If you watch shows VOD most of the time you cant FF.. The same for directv. The issue is that if you watch 40 min and then go to start again you cant FF thru the 40min..

IF i DVR the show no restrictions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom