Mike and Mike- Chris Mortenson (Ryan Nassib) | Syracusefan.com

Mike and Mike- Chris Mortenson (Ryan Nassib)

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Discussing Geno Smith and how he could possibly go in the top 5, then went on to mention how Matt Barkley measured 3/4 inch taller in combine, teams will take him early. Then...when asked if there are any other first round QBs outside of Smith/Barkley, Mortenson said this "Ryan Nassib out of Syracuse has a ton of momentum". Obvious link to Buffalo with Marrone and Hackett, lots of other teams interested
Mike Greenberg "Geno, Barkley and Nassib will all go first round, I watched Nassib alot in college, I really like him, he's going to be good". Mortenson implied chance Geno Smith, Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassib all go top 10 if things break right.

I root for the kids, but really I dont see any of them that made me think they played at a first round level.

Will history repeat itself? Does Nassib go to Buffalo with the 8th pick and get reunited with Marrone/Hackett like Tannehill got reunited with Sherman in Miami with the 8th pick last year?

I can't remember who mentioned it, but if Buffalo wants Nassib, they should trade down with the 8th and get into the 20-25 range. Ryan should still be there.

"if things break right" and Nassib ends up a top 10 overall pick I will be flabbergasted (always wanted to use that word in a post).

Hope it happens - would be awesome :)

SF has something like 20 picks, the Bills have 8 I believe, they should be swaping position for numbers.

SF needs a handful of players, the Bills need to refurb the roster.

SF has something like 20 picks, the Bills have 8 I believe, they should be swaping position for numbers.

SF needs a handful of players, the Bills need to refurb the roster.

Haha I think it's like 15 picks, although I'm pretty sure they don't pick until 31. If the Bills trade down to there, is the QB they want still on the board?

I'd love for an SU quarterback to be taken in the top 10 once again, phenomenal opening for the program to snag other highly touted guys if done correctly. Nassib also has been a hard worker and has improve drastically since he has been here so it'd mean a good kid is making it. Would I take him with a top 10 pick? No, but I sure as hell am cheering for him to do so.

UEO - Is your rickshaw attached to a bike, or do you go old school?

rickshaw-taxi-flagler-beach.jpg

Does anyone know if Nassib has been invited to NYC for the draft? If so, almost definite that he is going round 1.

Mike Greenberg is a Northwestern grad, so he definitely saw that game this year. Nassib was excellent in that game-Actually he was awesome in most of our games. Very proud of his progression and really rooting for him...unless he goes to Buffalo:)

Discussing Geno Smith and how he could possibly go in the top 5, then went on to mention how Matt Barkley measured 3/4 inch taller in combine, teams will take him early. Then...when asked if there are any other first round QBs outside of Smith/Barkley, Mortenson said this "Ryan Nassib out of Syracuse has a ton of momentum". Obvious link to Buffalo with Marrone and Hackett, lots of other teams interested
Mike Greenberg "Geno, Barkley and Nassib will all go first round, I watched Nassib alot in college, I really like him, he's going to be good". Mortenson implied chance Geno Smith, Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassib all go top 10 if things break right.
If Nassib goes first round, we can posthumously say that Hackett was one hell of a QB coach. He already looks good in hindsight.

and grob was a good recruiter for landing him?
Good for identifying him as a raw talent. I give Hackett the credit for developing the raw materials.

and grob was a good recruiter for landing him?
Actually I believe it was Dick Vermiel that discovered Nassib and recommended him to GROB. We were his only offer just like Chandler Jones and Justn Pugh. Those who think offers are a big deal should think again.

I'd love to see Nassib go in the first round,and I think he does. He's put up huge numbers here,all while being under constant pressure. He never had the luxury of being surrounded by multiple 4 and 5 star talent. The come from behind drives this year and the 2 pinstripe wins show nfl brass that he's mature and ready now! I can't help but think of all the looks of geno on the sidelines of the games he lost..bewilderment! No injury concerns for nassib either. How many sacks did he take and continue to get up? My only knock on him is that he really sails some balls. Otherwise,he's going to have no problem learning playbooks and making plays on Sunday.

Actually I believe it was Dick Vermiel that discovered Nassib and recommended him to GROB. We were his only offer just like Chandler Jones and Justn Pugh. Those who think offers are a big deal should think again.
correct! Dick Vermiel will be crying with joy when he sees his find/recommendation get drafted in the first round

correct! Dick Vermiel will be crying with joy when he sees his find/recommendation get drafted in the first round
He'll just be crying because he spilled his coffee, but may continue it into tears of joy for Ryan.

The Bills will take BPA like they have the past three years with Buddy and Doug calling the shots so don't hold your breath banking on the Bills to take him. They also have only traded down in the first round like once in the last twenty years FYI

Today Ron Jaworski said he'd put Nassib as the 2nd QB in the draft. The more film he watched of Nassib, the more he grew on him. Golic said that he wouldn't be surprised if there are 2 QBs taken in the first 10 picks, Smith and Nassib.

none of these guys are worth a top 10 pick. drafting QBs is almost like the NBA draft now. if you're at the top of the draft board, you are bad enough where you're tempted to roll the dice shooting for the moon, even if you know it's pretty unlikely that any of these guys are very good. if you're drafting early, you suck and you need a qb

i think the bills should assume that they'll draft in the top 10 again next year and draft QB next year. spend this year's pick on a guy you know is going to be great in other positions you need, even if that position isn't as important as qb. if you're going to suck for years, wait until the year where you have better odds of hitting the jackpot on qb

i'm skeptical of every single qb in this draft, it's not just nassib.

That
Today Ron Jaworski said he'd put Nassib as the 2nd QB in the draft. The more film he watched of Nassib, the more he grew on him. Golic said that he wouldn't be surprised if there are 2 QBs taken in the first 10 picks, Smith and Nassib.
Can't be right. Syracuse fans know the kid is no good, so Jaws must be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom