Mike Brey Fires Back at JB | Syracusefan.com

Mike Brey Fires Back at JB

Notre Dame was clear: they were going to fiddle while the rest of the BE burned.

Obviously those mock turtlenecks are making all the blood rush to his head. Boeheim merely spoke the truth and apparently that doesn't sit well with those people that the truth exposes for what they are.

“I like a Temple and a Memphis and a Houston because of their basketball. I don’t really care about their football.”

And that's why his opinion is worth less than the gum on the bottom of my shoe.

Sorry Mike, the ACC will take Notre Dame as a FB only. Douchebag.

They were clear - they only care about what's best for ND and could care less about anybody else. Mike, dear, why the anger - what has changed?

Oh and by the way why did ND have a vote on the tv package again as only a partial member and why did ND vote "no" to the tv contract? You also didn't have an answer to JB's contention that ND could have saved the Big East by joining the conference in football either. You just made it abundantly clear that ND has valued its independance and will always value what ND considers it's self interest over any conference loyalty. What did JB say that you didn't agree with?

They were clear - they only care about what's best for ND and could care less about anybody else. Mike, dear, why the anger - what has changed?

Oh and by the way why did ND have a vote on the tv package again as only a partial member and why did ND vote "no" to the tv contract? You also didn't have an answer to his contention that ND could have saved the Big East by joining the conference in football either. You just made it abundantly clear that ND has valued its independance and will always value what ND considers it's self interest over any conference loyalty. What did JB say that you didn't agree with?

What JB did was strike a raw nerve. You are not supposed to question ND in any way.

Yes, everyone knew what ND wanted and disliked them as a result. Still do and always will.

Irish as well. Despise that university and its behavior/attitudes

He should just say he's a bball coach and that's what he worries about. Since he isND's bball coach anything else he says about realignment simply makes him look like an a$$.

I'm Irish and I approve of this post.

I'm 100% Italian...born & raised under strict Roman Catholic principles...ND/Catholicism/hypocrisy are all synonymous...and I approve of your post too...

you know... so much of this conference realignment stuff is HIS SCHOOL'S FAULT.

He should really because schools wouldn't be chomping at the bit to leave that conference if ND was a football member.

I'm 100% Italian...born & raised under strict Roman Catholic principles...ND/Catholicism/hypocrisy are all synonymous...and I approve of your post too...
What part of italy is your family from?

Huh, I thought his comment was pretty accurate. I also don't quite get what school isn't out for itself now and, generally, all the time? It's not like the BE accepted ND as a partial member just to be nice. I don't know. People hate ND and that's cool, but people have to understand that no one here is concerned about what happens to providence basketball or Rutgers field hockey. We're just happy we appear to be on solid ground and in line for a big pay day in the ACC. It's no different.

“I like a Temple and a Memphis and a Houston because of their basketball. I don’t really care about their football.”

And that's why his opinion is worth less than the gum on the bottom of my shoe.

It's a fairly new development that football dominates the decisions of athletic departments; I actually feel a little bad for guys like Brey that haven't figured out how irrelevant their basketball-centric world view is in 2011.

Then I realize that he's too stupid or dishonest to grasp or state that Notre Dame's honesty about their agenda was precisely Why the Big East was so unstable and I don't feel bad for him...I just think he's a schmuck.

Mike Brey looks like Ron Burgundy with his mock necks.

I don't have a big problem with what he said, but it's still true that the Big East's arrangement with ND is BS, and tough for them specifically if this turn of events hurts ND in any way.

I don't see where anything he said was out-of-line or untrue.
I'm no fan of ND & actually despise their elitist attitude- but JB complaining about ND's role, whether justified or not, is like blaming the pretty girl for accepting expensive gifts from willing suitors.
ND told the BE what they were prepared to give up & the BE accepted the terms. To come back later & place blame because all they gave you was a peck on the cheek, when what you really wanted was the full monty, is ridiculous.
The only blame for the BE mess lies w/ those fools in Providence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom