Mike Francesca back to WFAN 3-7 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Francesca back to WFAN 3-7

Honestly I know a lot of folks that do not like the guy. Pretty well known that he is despised at WFAN.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before to you. I know a sports media personality at ESPN that knows everybody in the business. Nicest guy you'll ever want to meet. No ego. I've only heard him knock one guy in his profession. That would be the Sports Pope.
Tell your friend he can despise him all he wants, but make sure to thank him for being the reason why he even has a job.

And ESPN guys are known to be the worst, no surprise he hates someone who hasn’t been assimilated into the ‘worldwide leader’.

And just to be clear, I don’t care what his personality is like. He is absolutely the best on radio. Second place is barely listenable.

I have met him 3x and he was extremely nice and giving if his time. Maybe I caught him on good days. I don’t know and don’t care. If he was an arse, id still listen.

Tell your friend he can despise him all he wants, but make sure to thank him for being the reason why he even has a job.

And ESPN guys are known to be the worst, no surprise he hates someone who hasn’t been assimilated into the ‘worldwide leader’.

And just to be clear, I don’t care what his personality is like. He is absolutely the best on radio. Second place is barely listenable.

I have met him 3x and he was extremely nice and giving if his time. Maybe I caught him on good days. I don’t know and don’t care. If he was an arse, id still listen.

MY wife met him in a professional capacity I cannot elaborate on for confidentiality reasons, but said he was quiet and somewhat dismissive, but not a complete a-s-sole...just a partial one.

MY wife met him in a professional capacity I cannot elaborate on for confidentiality reasons, but said he was quiet and somewhat dismissive, but not a complete a-s-sole...just a partial one.
Makes sense.

I mean, let’s be real...people talk about his ego...to his face AND on the air. It’s part of what makes him so good.

Same with Rush, Imus and Stern.

Makes sense.

I mean, let’s be real...people talk about his ego...to his face AND on the air. It’s part of what makes him so good.

Same with Rush, Imus and Stern.

As a non NY sports fan who for many years lived in NYC, and still lives in the DMA, every now and then I would listen. Some days I would be into it, some days, not, some days he would infuriate me and I would not listen for a long time.

My biggest issue with Francesa, and this is going to make sense to anyone who listens to WFAN, is not Francesa. Its that every goddamn radio guy tried to sound like Francesa. It was like that demeanor and that pacing was the only one that could succeed.

Yeah what's not to like? He's an arrogant SOB, terrible interviewer and one of the worst football prognosticators in existence.

As for my friend, he has more talent in his pinky than the Pope has in his entire lard-azz body.

Yeah what's not to like? He's an arrogant SOB, terrible interviewer and one of the worst football prognosticators in existence.

As for my friend, he has more talent in his pinky than the Pope has in his entire lard-azz body.
Terrible interviewer? I beg to differ.

Terrible interviewer? I beg to differ.

He spends most of an interview trying to show what he knows rather than let the subject do the talking. I don't like everything about Mad Dog but he's a wayyy better interviewer than Francesa. It blows my mind how you guys think Francesa is some sort of savant. He's such a blowhard.

He spends most of an interview trying to show what he knows rather than let the subject do the talking. I don't like everything about Mad Dog but he's a wayyy better interviewer than Francesa. It blows my mind how you guys think Francesa is some sort of savant. He's such a blowhard.
Most of his supporters are Yankees/Giants fans. Also Golf and Horse Racing. Makes a difference.

Most of his supporters are Yankees/Giants fans. Also Golf and Horse Racing. Makes a difference.
He always knows the pulse of NYC and let’s the callers dictate the show, as opposed to other scripted nonsensical radio shows. By allowing the caller to run the show and the call, he can fire back at them at will. If your point sucks, you will be told as such. If it’s good, he will engage in talk.

Oddly, no one else has been able to duplicate that.

FYI: MadDog on TMKS at 530 today...

I'm very split on him. He is good at what he does, and can be a good listen from time to time. But he also can be a very provincial SOB who can effectively turn me of for a week at a time with one misguided arrogant rant.

In this day of podcasting and web streaming, a rarely listen to NY sports radio any more, but even when I did, I started to trend towards Kay. As much as I hate the Yankees, he is a superb interviewer.
Here is how I look at it your listening to him to be entertained and get your sports talk you aren't looking for a best friend to go out to dinner with.

Yeah I forgot that he's a horse racing expert, too. Dude is the entire package.

He always knows the pulse of NYC and let’s the callers dictate the show, as opposed to other scripted nonsensical radio shows. By allowing the caller to run the show and the call, he can fire back at them at will. If your point sucks, you will be told as such. If it’s good, he will engage in talk.

Oddly, no one else has been able to duplicate that.

FYI: MadDog on TMKS at 530 today...

And if a caller happens to call Mike on one of his previous pronouncements gone wrong you can rest assured that caller will hear a denial and then a dial tone in short order.

And if a caller happens to call Mike on one of his previous pronouncements gone wrong you can rest assured that caller will hear a denial and then a dial tone in short order.
And???...

And???...

You listen to his show so I'm sure you're familiar with the bloviator getting caught denying the undeniable and then cutting the caller off. It's a staple of his show.

Just get Sirrius and listen to the doggie instead. He knows just as much about sports (if not more) as Mike without the shite personality.

Just get Sirrius and listen to the doggie instead. He knows just as much about sports (if not more) as Mike without the shite personality.

I've had it for years. So many choices, better reception and a lot less commercials.

Pretty much spot on

tenor.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom