Mike Francesca back to WFAN 3-7 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Francesca back to WFAN 3-7

I asked the question as I wonder if you get why so many dislike the Pope? I understand that you like him but do you see some of the negatives that his detractors see?
Yes.

They are dumb people and the weak minded.

And a small minority.

Does anybody really care what a radio hosts NFL picks are?? It’s just good radio... and him and Dog created doing picks.

He hangs up on stupid callers, that’s the best. If that offends someone, then that someone needs to look at themselves a bit...

He’s not afraid to draw a line in the sand and take a stand, if that’s offends people...again so be it and take at look at oneself.

Over the course of a 5 1/2 hour show, he would sometimes say something at 2, then change his mind by 5. The mushnick s never let him forget what he said at 2, he didn’t care and ignored what he said then. If that offends someone, then again...that someone needs to look at oneself.

Maybe he won’t reclaim his top ratings spot?

Don’t know and don’t care, but I can tell u who I will be listening to on the drive home and on a little radio in the office when I can.

It’s Mike’s On.

Yes.

And a small minority.

Does anybody really care what a radio hosts NFL picks are?? It’s just good radio... and him and Dog created doing picks.

He hangs up on stupid callers, that’s the best. If that offends someone, then that someone needs to look at themselves a bit...

He’s not afraid to draw a line in the sand and take a stand, if that’s offends people...again so be it and take at look at oneself.

Over the course of a 5 1/2 hour show, he would sometimes say something at 2, then change his mind by 5. The mushnick s never let him forget what he said at 2, he didn’t care and ignored what he said then. If that offends someone, then again...that someone needs to look at oneself.

Maybe he won’t reclaim his top ratings spot?

Don’t know and don’t care, but I can tell u who I will be listening to on the drive home and on a little radio in the office when I can.

It’s Mike’s On.

What can I say? You're in love.

Yes.

And a small minority.

Over the course of a 5 1/2 hour show, he would sometimes say something at 2, then change his mind by 5.

More like he'd say something at 2, and then vehemently deny he said it by 2:04.

Which is why i love him

More like he'd say something at 2, and then vehemently deny he said it by 2:04.

Which is why i love him

So basically the things that would make someone a mockery on this board are what make Mike so lovable? I guess I get it. Kind of like a CuseHulk sorta thing?

So basically the things that would make someone a mockery on this board are what make Mike so lovable? I guess I get it. Kind of like a CuseHulk sorta thing?

Let's go with that.

I think Mike pretty often has ridiculous takes. I don't listen for the great sports points (he sometimes has those). i listen to be entertained, both laughing with and at him. He constantly delivers.

Not at all, he’s no CuseHulk.

He gets how to make good radio and conversation

I am not a New York sports fan but Mike and Mad Dog are just lovable.
They are loud ignorant people but are authentic.
Mike is an idiot but he doesn’t realize it or care.
His Brandon Inge take literally made me laugh for 5 minutes. Mike makes it seem like Inge is untouchable and Can’t believe he is available.

Pre-internet M&M were it.
Internet and simulcast were their back 9.
He also doesn’t troll which is why I like him. Mad Dog trolled Yankees the day after game 7 2004 it was the best show ever. I wish I could hear it again.
Mad Dog’s Adam Jones and post-Giants choking to the Marlins in 2003 rants are legendary.
Mike pretty much on anything is funny.

Let's go with that.

I think Mike pretty often has ridiculous takes. I don't listen for the great sports points (he sometimes has those). i listen to be entertained, both laughing with and at him. He constantly delivers.

That makes sense. I can see the attraction to that. I guess I just have trouble with him because there is a guy here in KC that drives me crazy and I compare him to Mike - thinks he knows everything, will say one thing and when it's proven wrong will act like it didn't happen. And he's far and away #1 in KC radio also - so it must just be me.

That makes sense. I can see the attraction to that. I guess I just have trouble with him because there is a guy here in KC that drives me crazy and I compare him to Mike - thinks he knows everything, will say one thing and when it's proven wrong will act like it didn't happen. And he's far and away #1 in KC radio also - so it must just be me.

you should be listening to danny parkins.

The whole “Meathead spits H0T Takes for four hours and other meatheads periodically call in and give their own H0T Takes” format that comprises almost all sports talk radio doesn’t appeal to me at all. I get it’s very popular but I don’t really get it.

you should be listening to danny parkins.

I did but but he moved to Chicago. Danny was the one guy who could make a dent in the ratings against this guy.

I did but but he moved to Chicago. Danny was the one guy who could make a dent in the ratings against this guy.
What’s his name?

Was he born on LI or grow up in the NYC area??

I ask not just because of why he may try to ‘be like Mike’...but because I sometimes tailgate with a KC sports radio, guys Dad.

What’s his name?

Was he born on LI or grow up in the NYC area??

I ask not just because of why he may try to ‘be like Mike’...but because I sometimes tailgate with a KC sports radio, guys Dad.

Kevin Kietzman is the KC guy I compare to Francesa. The guy with the show before Kevin is Soren Petro. I love his show. He's a Newhouse guy, but I think he has a much better show than Kietzman without considering that.

Kevin Kietzman

damn, didn't know he went to Chicago. good for him.

Kevin Kietzman is the KC guy I compare to Francesa. The guy with the show before Kevin is Soren Petro. I love his show. He's a Newhouse guy, but I think he has a much better show than Kietzman without considering that.

Kevin Kietzman

Is Petro the guy who triggers KU fans?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom