Mike Francesca back to WFAN 3-7 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Francesca back to WFAN 3-7

Alsacs

Living Legend
Mike Francesa returning to WFAN in the 3-7 pm time slot: sources

It was obvious CMB wasn’t working.

Good for the Pope and NY sports radio listeners.

Chris Carlin got Conan O’Brian’d by his mentor. Like Leno did to Conan.

Holy moly Francesa was making 15 million a year under his old deal. How the hell was FAN paying him that much and not going bankrupt.
I liked the old Mike show but he wasn’t worth that much. No wonder FAN can eat the contracts it gave CMB and bring Mike back. They are probably getting him back from half or less of what he was making.

Last edited:
I feel bad for Evan & Joe who will go back to 10-1...or less.

CMB just wasn’t working and because of this, I can see Scott quitting.

Which is a good thing.

I feel bad for Evan & Joe who will go back to 10-1...or less.

CMB just wasn’t working and because of this, I can see Scott quitting.

Which is a good thing.
Evan and Joe are the big winners.
Their show is now 10-3 but I bet when football starts that 2-3 will go to Mike.
CMB are the ones out.
Just to save face they are making Francesa 3-7 for now instead of 2-7.

Evan and Joe are the big winners.
Their show is now 10-3 but I bet when football starts that 2-3 will go to Mike.
CMB are the ones out.
Just to save face they are making Francesa 3-7 for now instead of 2-7.
I don’t think they can stretch Evan and Joe to 5 hours. They said the 2 shows will split 10-3.

When they would fill in for Mike from 1-630, they’d often make jokes about how long the show is.

This is precisely why Kim Jones and Chris Simms said no.

Awesome. Now I can go the other way on all of his football picks.

I know he's popular so it must be me, but what the attraction is to this blowhard is beyond me.

Man, thank goodness. I completly stopped listening to sports radio a month or so ago. Couldn't find anyone to listen to. I'll tune in for sure.

Holy moly Francesa was making 15 million a year under his old deal. How the hell was FAN paying him that much and not going bankrupt.
I liked the old Mike show but he wasn’t worth that much. No wonder FAN can eat the contracts it gave CMB and bring Mike back. They are probably getting him back from half or less of what he was making.

Where'd you see the $15 million figure? I;ve read/heard like 3-5.

Supposedly he made around $4 mill per year in his last deal. The radio industry is sucking wind now so there is no way he goes anywhere but lower in terms of pay.

fwiw: CMB has been good today.

it was almost like the pressure had been lifted and they were free to just go with it.

IMO it should be

Joe & Evan 10-1
CMB 1-4
Da Pope 4-7

I can see the merits of CMB ending at 3 for the Pope, but 2 hours is too short for them to get a groove going.

they could have Joe by himself from 10-12, push up CMB and have Evan join the Pope and start at 3.

that would be a succession plan.

when Mike really goes, you would have Evan already there or could move down CMB.

It read it online but I guess it wrong.
at his height...with the show, the simulcast on YES or FS1 and the Sunday Football Show...15MM might've been the #.

1 extremely large and smart

1 very small and not smart

Honestly I know a lot of folks that do not like the guy. Pretty well known that he is despised at WFAN.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before to you. I know a sports media personality at ESPN that knows everybody in the business. Nicest guy you'll ever want to meet. No ego. I've only heard him knock one guy in his profession. That would be the Sports Pope.

Slow day in NY sports (as none are in the playoffs) so let's go with the pope. Seems fitting enough.
DblN5b0UwAE-RGg.jpg:large

I'm very split on him. He is good at what he does, and can be a good listen from time to time. But he also can be a very provincial SOB who can effectively turn me of for a week at a time with one misguided arrogant rant.

In this day of podcasting and web streaming, a rarely listen to NY sports radio any more, but even when I did, I started to trend towards Kay. As much as I hate the Yankees, he is a superb interviewer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom