Mike Francesca blasts rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Mike Francesca blasts rutgers

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
tweetuh-1_normal.png

MikeFrancesaNY Mike Francesa

Rutgiz isnt a pimple on anybody's reah end except fa people dat went to Rutgiz youah mongo!

Blasted a caller and blasted RU saying nobody cares about Rutgers and that they think because of the Lville game in 06 there a big deal.. They havent done anything since and havent done anything to gain any attention and gets no attention in NYC media market. Im paraphrasing here but he literally just went off for 5 minutes and buried them. Final Line: No one cares about Rutgers but Rutgers people. Trust me if i could type faster he said a lot more, a must listen.

just ripping rutgers-- no one cares about them -- they are irrelevant -- its awesome --

Link anyone? If true, this may be my new ringtone...

Not fake he really said it.
But the twitter account is a fake one. Whoever does it keeps it updated constantly, so it has to be someone who listens to the FAN 24/7. Funny how they spell everything out with his accent

I was listening via an App on my phone so I dont know if there will be a way to listen after the fact. It was right after the Mike Tranghese interview in which Mikey was pretty upset about the whole situation took a shot at us for leaving but generally understood. Also its clear to me that NYC area people know jack about this situation, some of the follow up calls about what might happen next with the BE were so outrageous I just had to laugh.

One of my favorite Twitter feeds. Love the Fake Francesa.

And he just blasted Rutgers, absolutely destroyed them. It still won't get through to their delusional fans though that they are a virtual non-entity around these parts.

http://rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=147574536&mid=147574536&sid=988&style=2

I'm not usually one to laugh at others expense, but if you want a good laugh...

I hope Rutgersal is okay

Also its clear to me that NYC area people know jack about this situation, some of the follow up calls about what might happen next with the BE were so outrageous I just had to laugh.

I'm guessing that 99% of the NYC fans who listen to that show only know Big East basketball.

I hope Rutgersal is okay
Wow thanks for that it really made my day. There are a lot of people who aren't going to bed happy tonight in RU land

I hope Rutgersal is okay

bwahahahahahahaha...breathe...bwhahahahahahahahaa...

Wow...Francessa just gave the RU fans a serious reality check...and they aren't taking it too well.

Their reaction just after Francessa went on the radio was captured via live web stream right HERE

There board is the most delusional in the Entire Big East if not the D1 Football world. A loss to Ohio on Saturday and that place will look like Chernobyl.

Well that went well for the rutgers fan. Bet he's glad he called in.

There board is the most delusional in the Entire Big East if not the D1 Football world. A loss to Ohio on Saturday and that place will look like Chernobyl.

There is a thread someplace where they believe there are about 600,000 rutgers fans in NYC.

There is a thread someplace where they believe there are about 600,000 rutgers fans in NYC.

There aren't 600,000 Rutgers fans on the face of the planet...

There aren't 600,000 Rutgers fans on the face of the planet...
I read the Quad article...I think he means 600,000 fans in the NYC Market which includes most of Central and Northern NJ. Rutgers fans in NYC are far fewer than Cuse.

I read the Quad article...I think he means 600,000 fans in the NYC Market which includes most of Central and Northern NJ. Rutgers fans in NYC are far fewer than Cuse.

His numbers are really wrong. Notre Dame and Penn State have the two biggest NYC followings by FAR.

His numbers are really wrong. Notre Dame and Penn State have the two biggest NYC followings by FAR.

Agreed -- 3rd place isn't particularly close. The rest are comprised of the various large alumni diasporas from around the country. Rutgers doesn't register in NYC proper. (They barely register in Jersey if you ask me)

LOL I saw that, even some of there own fans called BS. There posts on expansion are to funny, I know they likely end up with us in the ACC but man if they got left out that board would be must read material there allready infighting with each other and relying on there young AD to save them.

tweetuh-1_normal.png

MikeFrancesaNY Mike Francesa

Rutgiz isnt a pimple on anybody's reah end except fa people dat went to Rutgiz youah mongo!
Francesa, a St. Johns alum, has never liked Rutgers.

Always takes a shot when he can do it.

And has done so for years.

.If you beat Rutgers its been a good year.

JeremyCuse, anyway you might change your signature?

One of the only things that Rutgers has to cling to is the idea that Syracuse fans take it seriously, and your signature is perhaps the most "Rutgers obssessed" statement I've ever seen on these boards.

Years ago, your signature would be hilarious, as in "could you imagine if anyone actually thought that beating Rugters mattered?" But from you posts, it is apparent that your signature is not intended as a joke. So . . . haha, could you please change it?

I know what the data says (altho it is flawed by the fact it used internet forum data) but the yahoo's over there misinterpret it and then make it what they want it to be.

Here is 1 good one;

RU has 600K NYC are fans to ND's 300K NYC fans. Is ND enough to carry NYC by itself? Who knows.

But here is my fave;

It's a profound statement about our fanbase that Nate Silver- statistician extraordinaire, founder of Baseball Prospectus, inventor of the PECOTA ratings, one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World, and master analyst of political data (he's not a pollster, he interprets polls)- declares Rutgers the most popular team in NY, and by sheer numbers one of the most popular teams in the country.

http://rutgers./showmsg.asp?SID=988&fid=642&style=2&tid=147572567&Page=1

It's a profound statement about our fanbase that Nate Silver- statistician extraordinaire, founder of Baseball Prospectus, inventor of the PECOTA ratings, one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World, and master analyst of political data (he's not a pollster, he interprets polls)- declares Rutgers the most popular team in NY, and by sheer numbers one of the most popular teams in the country.

Oh my. Ohhhhh my. That poor child.