Mike G | Syracusefan.com

Mike G

Gabjon

All American
cannot play on the back line of the zone! He doesn't rebound! We have to play Roberson for that reason alone!

cannot play on the back line of the zone! He doesn't rebound! We have to play Roberson for that reason alone!

I agree, but it ain't happening. We'd rather go Rak at forward and Keita at center than try that insane option.

G baffles me. His offense seems to be limited to open threes, but then every once in awhile he goes to the rim and looks pretty adept at doing so. I think his passing is subpar, but if he could do a bit more driving, he would be more effective. Right now though, I don't think he's giving enough on offense to really warrant him getting substantial minutes down low. Especially since he doesn't rebound at all.

I agree, but it ain't happening. We'd rather go Rak at forward and Keita at center than try that insane option.

G baffles me. His offense seems to be limited to open threes, but then every once in awhile he goes to the rim and looks pretty adept at doing so. I think his passing is subpar, but if he could do a bit more driving, he would be more effective. Right now though, I don't think he's giving enough on offense to really warrant him getting substantial minutes down low. Especially since he doesn't rebound at all.

Agreed! We can't score with the Baye/ Rak line up...It has to be Roberson

I totally agree w this about Silent G. He needs to go to the glass more. It would open up outside opportunities for himself and others. It would also add another threat.

It's interesting that this is the case because earlier in the year when we were winning, I vividly remember him coming up with multiple huge rebounds and loose balls to seal games for us. He's great at the top of the zone. Not so much at the bottom. It also makes him look like a worse rebounder than he is because Grant is an absolute beast and skying for rebounds.

It just irritates me how poor our rebounding fundamentals are. I noticed at least a few times today and a lot over the course of the year that you'll see a shot go up, and there will be players from the other team standing right under the hoop and our guys will look around the 3 point line finding somebody to get a body on while they just let a guy stand there for an easy rebound.

It's interesting that this is the case because earlier in the year when we were winning, I vividly remember him coming up with multiple huge rebounds and loose balls to seal games for us. He's great at the top of the zone. Not so much at the bottom. It also makes him look like a worse rebounder than he is because Grant is an absolute beast and skying for rebounds.

It just irritates me how poor our rebounding fundamentals are. I noticed at least a few times today and a lot over the course of the year that you'll see a shot go up, and there will be players from the other team standing right under the hoop and our guys will look around the 3 point line finding somebody to get a body on while they just let a guy stand there for an easy rebound.

That's always sort of been the case. We cheat out so much that the offense tends to get position on everyone but the center. Which often leaves Rak/Baye battling three people for the rebound - an exercise we often lose. The great thing about Grant is that he's an athletic freak and can just jump over people. CJ not quite as much - we're always going to be prone to that, but it seems to be hurting us more of late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom