Mike Hopkins and UW | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins and UW

As to this point, this is what the Networks wanted. I just don't get it, but they have put all the money in the pockets of 2 leagues, at the expense of 3 or 4 others who also drew very good (relatively speaking) ratings for their sports.

The ACC blew it when they brought in the Big East teams, but then scrambled the divisions, eliminating match-ups that teams had been playing for years. The ACC killed its own rivalries, regardless of threats of defection.
Miami, Virginia Tech, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, and Syracuse should have been together.
And Duke and Wake Forest should have been in our division.

Miami, Virginia Tech, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, and Syracuse should have been together.
And Duke and Wake Forest should have been in our division.
What about B.C.?

I am not even joking that I did a double take when I saw that logo
2004-2006 edition of the Orange.

Not only a new AD, but one who will be to spend B1G $.

No bueno for Hop.
True. But UW is reportedly getting a significantly reduced share of Big10 money for several years.

While NASCAR does fine, outdrawing several sports, their "Premium Events" like the Dayton 500 have half the audience of last year's NCAA Football championship game - which was the LOWEST RATED of any of them to date. If that's what the networks see as their future, to turn NCAA into NASCAR, a regional attraction, then, you get what you pay for.
NASCAR has no real stars anymore, they have made it to bland. Back when you had Earnhardt, and Wallace, and others who raced every race to win.
Since they went to the stupid qualify for the championship run at the end of the year it's not racing anymore.

NASCAR has no real stars anymore, they have made it to bland. Back when you had Earnhardt, and Wallace, and others who raced every race to win.
Since they went to the stupid qualify for the championship run at the end of the year it's not racing anymore.
They were stuck between a rock and a hard place because back when a guy would lock up the championship 3 races before the end of the season those last races were meaningless. For me, I don't like that the cars have nothing to do with the street cars they share names with. I'd rather watch GT races

Formula 1, racing is the best in the world and there's plenty of stars and personalities to include team principles and owners. Plus they don't just take left turns

"The Mike Hopkins experiment hasn’t gone quite as planned in Seattle. Hopkins is 101-91 through six seasons, with only one NCAA tournament appearance to show for it. The Huskies invested heavily into their program this off-season, bringing in Larry Brown and putting together NIL packages that are competitive in today’s landscape. The Huskies are going all-in, so the expectation is it translates to more on-court success. Hopkins missed his opportunity to return to Syracuse, so he’ll need to win big this year to avoid being out of a job."

"The Mike Hopkins experiment hasn’t gone quite as planned in Seattle. Hopkins is 101-91 through six seasons, with only one NCAA tournament appearance to show for it. The Huskies invested heavily into their program this off-season, bringing in Larry Brown and putting together NIL packages that are competitive in today’s landscape. The Huskies are going all-in, so the expectation is it translates to more on-court success. Hopkins missed his opportunity to return to Syracuse, so he’ll need to win big this year to avoid being out of a job."
If Mike doesn’t keep his head coaching job, I doubt he’d be “out of a job” for long though?

I know they haven’t won there, but as a guy and as a coach - who doesn’t like him? He’d get an assistant’s job in a heart beat somewhere if he wanted it, I’d imagine.

Curious if he gets canned at Washington….does he come back East or stay out there? My gut feel is come back East? He was doing something right here for a solid 20 years - bringing in top guys and all those players rave about him. Being #1 assistant for what was a top 5 program in his years here is nothing to sneeze at. He can coach. Nobody in the history of basketball has done squat at Washington, except for one year when peak Brandon Roy was on somebody’s team.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom