Mike Hopkins and UW | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins and UW

If Mike doesn’t keep his head coaching job, I doubt he’d be “out of a job” for long though?

I know they haven’t won there, but as a guy and as a coach - who doesn’t like him? He’d get an assistant’s job in a heart beat somewhere if he wanted it, I’d imagine.

Curious if he gets canned at Washington….does he come back East or stay out there? My gut feel is come back East? He was doing something right here for a solid 20 years - bringing in top guys and all those players rave about him. Being #1 assistant for what was a top 5 program in his years here is nothing to sneeze at. He can coach. Nobody in the history of basketball has done squat at Washington, except for one year when peak Brandon Roy was on somebody’s team.
NBA assistant?

Whatever happened to Larry Brown becoming assistant?
No mention anymore. Not on their list of coaches for 2023-2024.

Last that I saw was this. Former Kansas coach Larry Brown pushes back on reports he’s joining Washington Huskies

Strange.

No mention anymore. Not on their list of coaches for 2023-2024.

Last that I saw was this. Former Kansas coach Larry Brown pushes back on reports he’s joining Washington Huskies

Strange.
NCAA shadow ban or double secret probation?

Just took a look at their schedule 2 neutral site tournaments in Vegas gross. I get going there for conference play and occasionally for an early season tourney but that is serious overkill just move the practice facility and have classes there while your at it.

Doesn’t bode well for Hop.

New AD’s always looking to make a splash hire of “their guy” if there’s a struggling major program on campus.

See: Doctor GROSS.
Hop is in trouble Pac 12 should have a last hurrah for basketball just like they are having for FB a few of those schools are going to be way up this year. Even if he was doing better they might want someone new for Big Ten play.

He's lucky he lasted this long to be honest because the McDaniels/Stewart team totally imploding and being a complete disaster set them back years most coaches don't really recover from that if they aren't at a school like UNC or Duke. Sucks McDaniels made it to the league and is cashing checks despite individually derailing Hop's run at UW.

Nice win over Sean Miller's Xavier team tonight. Huskies whole starting lineup is made up of transfers. You'll probably recognize a few of the names.

Nice win over Sean Miller's Xavier team tonight. Huskies whole starting lineup is made up of transfers. You'll probably recognize a few of the names.
He’s mined some Kentucky transfers.

I’ve said it before, he has plenty talent this yr. I expect him to be an NCAAT team if they stay healthy.
He’s mined some Kentucky transfers.
He added forward Keion Brooks, their leading scorer, from Kentucky two years ago and center Frank Kepnang from Oregon, but Kepnang got injured early last season and was out the rest of the year, which hurt them in the middle. They’re both back. Then this off season he added former Kentucky and Georgia PG Sahvir Wheeler (who can score and dish), a high scoring shooter Moses Woods from Portland, and another shooter Patrick Mulcahy from Rutgers. They also have Braxton Meah back at center and Koren Johnson at guard. He has some good pieces so it’ll be interesting to see if he can turn it around this year. I agree, if he doesn’t make the tourney, he’ll be shown the door, because the AD who hired him Jen Cohen became the new AD at USC over the summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom