Mike Tirico on Syracuse’s future: ‘I think we have a place’ | Syracusefan.com

Mike Tirico on Syracuse’s future: ‘I think we have a place’

Tirico is the type of guy that would threaten NBC if Syracuse were to be left out of the narrowing Px field. Heck, I could see him lobbying for a mini version of an ND deal if we were left out.
The networks need employees, and there are enough SU people, who if they decided to walk would shut the industry down.
And the Networks couldn't fire them, because they would have no programming.

Tirico is the type of guy that would threaten NBC if Syracuse were to be left out of the narrowing Px field. Heck, I could see him lobbying for a mini version of an ND deal if we were left out.
You think tirico would threaten his own employment if Syracuse is left out of college realignment????

I think SU AND ND are tethered but it’s foolish to think individuals will be that principled to turn down 5mm per year job because their alma mader is not at the big boy table.

You think tirico would threaten his own employment if Syracuse is left out of college realignment????

I think SU AND ND are tethered but it’s foolish to think individuals will be that principled to turn down 5mm per year job because their alma mader is not at the big boy table.
Mike Tirico=ratings bonanza, you give him what he wants like he's the cast of Friends!!!

Well, he seems to think we'll be at the big boy table and you seem to think we won't. Is that assumption correct?

Well, he seems to think we'll be at the big boy table and you seem to think we won't. Is that assumption correct?
i'm willing to bet we won't be but i'll be ecstatic if we figure out a way to compete at the highest level and can recoup all those riches that will come with it. I think it would help the university as a whole.

Further to that, it'll have 0% to do with Mike Tirico and Tirico won't base his career on it as well.

I would hope these facts would matter.- Football Hall of Fame

Freeney joins Jim Brown, Larry Csonka, Al Davis, Marvin Harrison, Floyd Little, John Mackey, Art Monk and Jim Ringo as Orange alums in the Hall of Fame. Syracuse's nine members gives the sixth-most members of any school, and also is third in the ACC behind Miami (10) and Pittsburgh (10). Marvin Harrison will probably soon be #10, tying us with MIami and Pitt.

Funny how the 3 leading universities with the most players in the Hall of Fame from the ACC, none are original members but former BIG East football members.

Freeney joins Jim Brown, Larry Csonka, Al Davis, Marvin Harrison, Floyd Little, John Mackey, Art Monk and Jim Ringo as Orange alums in the Hall of Fame. Syracuse's nine members gives the sixth-most members of any school, and also is third in the ACC behind Miami (10) and Pittsburgh (10). Marvin Harrison will probably soon be #10, tying us with MIami and Pitt.

Funny how the 3 leading universities with players in the Hall of Fame from the ACC, none are original members but former BIG East football members.
I can’t think of something that matters less than all time hall of famers, especially when the last candidate played nearly 30 years ago

Freeney last played 7 years ago. He’s just 44 years old. Considering that you need to be retired at least 5 years, is that an issue?
I mean last played for Syracuse, ya know the school that is in this discussion.

Clemson has 1 player and FSU has 5 in the football hall of fame. Interesting.
And yet they are well on their way to being kept in the fray because it doesn’t matter how many hall of famers you have.

Funny how the 3 leading universities with the most players in the Hall of Fame from the ACC, none are original members but former BIG East football members.
I love stuff like that, and I think we don’t do enough to promote such facts.

I can’t think of something that matters less than all time hall of famers, especially when the last candidate played nearly 30 years ago
No need to be so dismissive- it's an important fact & works to our advantage. We're the only high major program in the NE and the great, and populous state of NY...that counts for something.

The networks need employees, and there are enough SU people, who if they decided to walk would shut the industry down.
And the Networks couldn't fire them, because they would have no programming.
Enjoy underestimating how some decisions are made.

Clemson has 1 player and FSU has 5 in the football hall of fame. Interesting.
DeAndre Hopkins is borderline at this point.

Other than that, Clemson's success the last decade plus hasn't really translated too much into NFL success. A lot of busts. A couple pretty good DT's (Wilkins, Lawrence) but no superstars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom