Mikel Jones... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mikel Jones...

It’s nice seeing us up there but biggameboomer has some insanely stupid rankings that aren’t reflective of reality. I think they drink way too much over there.
If you were stuck in the middle of Oklahoma, wouldn't you?

8793B9E6-1EE3-497F-9E7C-6AB074F383F9.jpeg

Cool and all to be in the top 25….

But our group’s top 5.

When I saw UH in top 20, I recalled a discussion with my friend who's son now plays at Rice (after transferring from Army). They spoke with UH Linebacker coach during the transfer process and while the coach said he would love to have him transfer in, he also stated "look, I have legit 4 NFL-caliber linebackers. He'll get a chance to learn but playing time might be slim" or something to that affect. Didn't realize UH was that stacked at LB.

When I saw UH in top 20, I recalled a discussion with my friend who's son now plays at Rice (after transferring from Army). They spoke with UH Linebacker coach during the transfer process and while the coach said he would love to have him transfer in, he also stated "look, I have legit 4 NFL-caliber linebackers. He'll get a chance to learn but playing time might be slim" or something to that affect. Didn't realize UH was that stacked at LB.
People make the argument that USF and UCF could potentially overtake the gators and sems one day based on demographics and funding.

But

The real school imo is Houston. I think Houston has a shot at being the real player on paper in Texas with the Longhorns turning into a coaching meatgrinder. Houston’s become a real powerhouse and I’d love for them to be targets in any potential ACC expansion.

Kid is a class act.
Agree so much. Calling each and every reporter and broadcaster sir on the interviews yesterday, a young man who was raised right and does our program proud.

Mikel’s undoubtedly our field general but Thompson could end up being a day 1 guy if he continues building on his first two years. He’s an elite tackler with an advanced ability to hit the QB.

Marlowe’s got NFL size and speed too, but needs to sure up his tackling. Can’t let it be forgotten that he led College Football in sacks for multiple weeks last year.

Keep an eye on Mason too

People make the argument that USF and UCF could potentially overtake the gators and sems one day based on demographics and funding.

But

The real school imo is Houston. I think Houston has a shot at being the real player on paper in Texas with the Longhorns turning into a coaching meatgrinder. Houston’s become a real powerhouse and I’d love for them to be targets in any potential ACC expansion.
Houston would be my number one target outside of the pac schools

But

No one with any knowledge is talking about USF like that. Some may be saying UCF but they are crazy. UCF will be right there with FSU in 20 years, but they will never overtake the Gators. The gap is not that big on the field, but everywhere else it’s huuuuge. That’s like saying Ohio U with overtake OHio State. That big a gap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom