Mike's Mailbox: Why not Quentin Hillsman to replace Jim Boeheim when time comes? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mike's Mailbox: Why not Quentin Hillsman to replace Jim Boeheim when time comes?

You do know that the article is called "Mike's Mailbox", where people write in and ask Mike Waters questions, and he answers them.

Someone wrote in and asked if Q was a candidate to replace JB.
Mike’s mailbox concept isn’t the issue. You’re missing the forest for the trees: it was presented as a headline on the main page as if it was endorsed by the paper and mike didn’t exactly shoot that idea down as circus folly. I had someone in the office ask me if there was any truth to the hillsman rumor. People often skim the headlines and don’t give or have time to click. It wouldn’t surprise me if the print edition also put this in big letters.

SMG‘s relationship with JB is strained and that’s putting it nicely. They love to stir the pot with click bait. Babers charming everyone’s pants off is probably not helping this situation.

Last edited:
Hillsman's offense is fast-paced and up and down running in transition. He presses most of game too. It's exciting basketball and the guy wins and is in tournament safely without being on the bubble. You can say that much for him.

I like the way they play, for sure.

Lots of things wouldn’t translate to the men’s game though.