Milford Academy game tomorrow at 2pm... | Syracusefan.com

Milford Academy game tomorrow at 2pm...

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Any CNY folks interested in a road trip down to New Berlin (or Southern Tier guys up and over) to check out Broyld/Smallwood and other recruits on the 2011 squad? Contemplating making the trip and would likely leave like noon if someone wants to meet up. Let me know.

BUMP - anyone interested?? Still debating the drive down.

Milf Academy sounds like the greatest reality show of all time.
Any CNY folks interested in a road trip down to New Berlin (or Southern Tier guys up and over) to check out Broyld/Smallwood and other recruits on the 2011 squad? Contemplating making the trip and would likely leave like noon if someone wants to meet up. Let me know.

Milf Academy sounds like the greatest reality show of all time.

That's how I need to start referring to my kid's daycare. Sometimes I just feel like hanging out in the parking lot.

DC if you go- in the pouring rain, you dumbass- let me know. Are they playing in New Berlin or Norwich? Either place I can get you to some good post-game grub or even a post game brew at the College family dorm.

New Berlin. Is it raining down there? Nice up here in Syracuse.

NO DC I am the dumbass- thought the game was tomorrow. Hope the trip went well. How did Broyld look? My Milford sources tell me he's a man-child out there and just a total beast to bring down. And they hope he can learn the SU playbook.

OK, here is a few tidbits from my visit:

Caveat: not sure how good or bad Hudson Valley the opponent was, but Milford mishandled them in all three phases of the game (O, D and ST)
  • Broyld - definitely a "man amongst boys." Saw him throw for 2 TDs and run like 60 yards for another. Best play though was one he gained like 3-4 yards. He was bottled up on a broken play, bounced off like 2 guys and dragged 3 others for a positive play.
  • Smallwood -- didn't play and was not in pads. Not sure why as he didn't look injured.
  • I have gotten a few questions on a potential recruit Jordan Turner, Free safety who played in VA and MD. Here is a short take on him: I am no expert, but to me definitely a D1 recruit - played great in run support, good instincts, moved his hips well and certainly looks the part. Didn't see his first interception (I was late getting down there), but good anticipation and leaping ability to get the second one. One thing I did like for intangibles was his demeanor on the sidelines.
  • Not sure of his name as he isn't on Milford's roster, but #88 is huge TE/WR who looks 6'6" and might be worth looking at.
  • Didn't really notice Tavion Cappe to be honest.
  • Very impressed by some of their coaches - very engaging and knowledgeable. Cool going to the game as you are right up close to the team and coaches and can hear basically everything.
  • #3 Donte Dotson - undersized kid (like 5'8") and I guess is a temple recruit, but had several great returns and might be worth checking out for STs alone
  • #44 OLB Tyler Matakevich - originally from CT - decent player, big talker (at least on the sidelines). I can see him as a Plan B recruit. Technically sound, not sure of his athleticism
  • Trent Corney -- supposedly the athletic freak athlete from Canada. Didn't have a roster with numbers so didn't notice him
  • 3rd string QB Paul Magliore who I remember came to at least a Jr Day (originally from Lynbrook, NY) was athletic and decent. I see him like a Kinder-type QB and needs work. Don't think SU would offer him.
  • One other kid I did like that had a good motor on him was DT Ekpen Iduoze, about 6'2"335 (can lose weight) and originally from Harrisburg, PA. Colorado offered him in June. I know we don't have room for many if any more DTs given the pending commit by Haley and the open one for Jarron Jones, but if someone does back out he might be worth the effort.
Wish I had more.

Great stuff DC... a lot of great info there. I hope we can find out what's up with Smallwood, especially after such an efficient first game.

Thanks for the info DCCuse. It seems like Broyld is making the most of his time at Milford.

Thanks for the info DCCuse. It seems like Broyld is making the most of his time at Milford.

My pleasure all and OrangeMusky I did a little more digging and guess Smallwood has minor ankle injury. He will play in their next game. Broyld and Smallwood should be at the Dome this week for the Wake game.

It seems like Smallwood had a very close friend of his die the day before so my guess was he just wasn't up to it and was grieving.

Spaz -- That may be true and be part of it, but officially it was his ankle that kept him out yesterday.

My condolences to Tyree and his family/friends for their loss.

Thanks DC - good to hear about Ashton. At this pace, I'd imagine there will be other big schools taking a harder look at him.

Thanks DC - good to hear about Ashton. At this pace, I'd imagine there will be other big schools taking a harder look at him.
I'd hope not. I would think that he would need to get his grades in order as well. And hopefully his past incident he had at home helps scare some off. The main thing is that mama Broyld wants her boy close to home.

If Ashton commits elsewhere after Marrone stuck by him the entire way through the whole flashing incident, that's a real dick move on his part (npi).

If Ashton commits elsewhere after Marrone stuck by him the entire way through the whole flashing incident, that's a real dick move on his part (npi).
Yes that would be. I'd hope that Ashton understands that.

Ashton is very excited to join the Orange. I am not worried about that possibility.

Thanks DCCuse for the report. D0 you think he will join the orange next year or in two?

I assume he will be there next fall if not in the spring. I believe Bees was more up on what Broyld needed to finish up.

Good to hear, excited to see him on the field... At QB or not.

guy over on the UConn site said that SU and Iowa are setting up official visits for the Matakevich (sp?) LB kid - seems like one to keep an eye on

OK, here is a few tidbits from my visit:

Caveat: not sure how good or bad Hudson Valley the opponent was, but Milford mishandled them in all three phases of the game (O, D and ST)
  • Broyld - definitely a "man amongst boys." Saw him throw for 2 TDs and run like 60 yards for another. Best play though was one he gained like 3-4 yards. He was bottled up on a broken play, bounced off like 2 guys and dragged 3 others for a positive play.
  • Smallwood -- didn't play and was not in pads. Not sure why as he didn't look injured.
  • I have gotten a few questions on a potential recruit Jordan Turner, Free safety who played in VA and MD. Here is a short take on him: I am no expert, but to me definitely a D1 recruit - played great in run support, good instincts, moved his hips well and certainly looks the part. Didn't see his first interception (I was late getting down there), but good anticipation and leaping ability to get the second one. One thing I did like for intangibles was his demeanor on the sidelines.
  • Not sure of his name as he isn't on Milford's roster, but #88 is huge TE/WR who looks 6'6" and might be worth looking at.
  • Didn't really notice Tavion Cappe to be honest.
  • Very impressed by some of their coaches - very engaging and knowledgeable. Cool going to the game as you are right up close to the team and coaches and can hear basically everything.
  • #3 Donte Dotson - undersized kid (like 5'8") and I guess is a temple recruit, but had several great returns and might be worth checking out for STs alone
  • #44 OLB Tyler Matakevich - originally from CT - decent player, big talker (at least on the sidelines). I can see him as a Plan B recruit. Technically sound, not sure of his athleticism
  • Trent Corney -- supposedly the athletic freak athlete from Canada. Didn't have a roster with numbers so didn't notice him
  • 3rd string QB Paul Magliore who I remember came to at least a Jr Day (originally from Lynbrook, NY) was athletic and decent. I see him like a Kinder-type QB and needs work. Don't think SU would offer him.
  • One other kid I did like that had a good motor on him was DT Ekpen Iduoze, about 6'2"335 (can lose weight) and originally from Harrisburg, PA. Colorado offered him in June. I know we don't have room for many if any more DTs given the pending commit by Haley and the open one for Jarron Jones, but if someone does back out he might be worth the effort.
Wish I had more.

The big TE/DE Carlos Carvajal seems like a kid to keep an eye on as well.

According to scout he had offers last year from Louisville, Tennessee, South Florida, Purdue, Minnesota and FIU.

http://syracuse.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./a.z?s=185&p=8&c=1&nid=4849561

rvals has him comitting to Purdue just today.