Military Appreciation Day - syracusefan.com Donation | Syracusefan.com

Military Appreciation Day - syracusefan.com Donation

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
Posting this on the main board for maximum visibility.

As many of you know I have been running a 50-50 raffle at our Fine Mess Tailgates the last couple of years. With the proceeds of this raffle we have purchased an array of high end equipment for our tailgates including a mega-party grill, catering equipment and supplies, a sound system and a media room complete with big screen TV and Roku stick.

For Military Appreciation Day last year we donated the proceeds to the Tenth Mountain Division Association at Fort Drum. This organization provides support to our servicemen and women including a scholarship fund, gift packs through Wounded Warriors for Tenth Mountain soldiers at Walter Reed and support for the Mountain of Toys initiative that provides some Christmas cheer for children of military families. Thanks to the winner of last year's raffle, giacofan donating his winnings back in full we sent a check for $400 to the Association last year.

We will be repeating this on Saturday in the Fine Lot prior to our critical game against Wake Forest. This year, Jim Swords, a board member of the Association will join us as an honored guest, will address the group talking about the good work that the Association does and will draw the winning number.

If you will be at the tailgate, bring an extra few dollars to participate. If you cannot join us, but would like to lend your support, send me a PM and I'll give you paypal instructions so you can be part of this initiative. You must be present to win the raffle, so you won't be eligible to cash in, but your contribution will be added in full to our total donation which will be identified as Compliments of Syracusefan.com and the Fine Mess Tailgate.

Well, the tailgate was great yesterday. So we have that going for us...

Our 50 - 50 raffle was an outstanding success. We took in a total of $710, paid out $350 to the winner who immediately donated back a portion of his winnings. With some additional paypal donations and Fine lot contributions the Tenth Mountain Division Association will be receiving a contribution of $550 from syracusefan.com to support their great work. Thanks to all who contributed either in person or virtually.

I plan on finalizing our donation tomorrow but if there is anyone interested in contributing PM me today and I'll add any paypal commitments to our total.

I sent an email today to our contacts at the Tenth Mountain Division Association, Gil Pearsall and Jim Swords. I'll share their responses with you:

From Jim:

James Swords
10:21 AM (29 minutes ago)
to me, Gilbert

Mark,

Sounds good, thanks. Everyone was very welcoming to me and my son; seems like a great group of folks. I'm glad that nobody held it against me that my wife is a Louisville grad! It would be my pleasure to see you again at another tailgate and definitely for the annual military appreciation day. I'll let Gil weigh in on the specifics for the donation.

Jim

From Gil:

Gilbert Pearsall
10:49 AM (4 minutes ago)
to Babbitt, Plummer, me, James

Mark -

Glad all went so well with the tailgate and the 50-50. Sorry I could not attend but I know we were well represented by Jim Swords. Sounds like it was an exciting game but a tough second half for the Orange.

Thanks again for what you and the Fine Mess Tailgate group does to support our Association. We will absolutely split the donation between both the scholarship and wounded warrior funds per your request.

We look forward to continuing our relationship into the future. Anytime you or anyone from your group are up in the Watertown/ Fort Drum area let me know and I would be happy to give you a tour of the post.

Have a great day.

Gil Pearsall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom