Mintz's game is statistically unique don't bite my head off | Syracusefan.com

Mintz's game is statistically unique don't bite my head off

Makes sense - unique and but also not correlative to winning.

Makes sense. If Mintz hit the 3 at a clip like we hoped, we would be a better team obviously
A true all American ball hog would diversify and take more bad threes in addition to wild adventures to the basket.

Iversons first year, he shot 5 threes a game at 23% , you just have to laugh at how much everything has changed

A true all American ball hog would diversify and take more bad threes in addition to wild adventures to the basket.

Iversons first year, he shot 5 threes a game at 23% , you just have to laugh at how much everything has changed
I don't believe, like is suggested by some here, Judah is purposely "getting his" over winning. I think that's how he plays because that's how he believes he can help the team. It doesn't make him NOT a ballhog.

for sure. Iverson and Morant had/ have generational type athleticism that separates them from so many similar type players.

for sure. Iverson and Morant had/ have generational type athleticism that separates them from so many similar type players.
I wonder how successful Iverson would be in today's game. He might take over the league or he might be ordinary

I don't believe, like is suggested by some here, Judah is purposely "getting his" over winning. I think that's how he plays because that's how he believes he can help the team. It doesn't make him NOT a ballhog.
I think he's a little selfish but not out of the ordinary. Wants to get his but so do a million guys. He also seems like a good guy, which who knows if course, but he seems like he's a good person.

Yup. I would also guess that he is being encouraged by the staff to create scoring opportunities and to get to the line, especially in late clock situations. The problem to me is more about his decision making than a "getting his" attitude. In this sense, he might be a victim of his own success - thinking that he can always make the play (obviously he can't) and that the team needs him to make those plays to win (there is some merit here).

after 16 conference games judah and J.J. are #2 and #3 in ACC MPG.
starling is 1:1 to/asst . mintz is 5:3. (copeland is 2.6:2.1)

Last edited:
For single seasons; from 1992-93 to 2023-24; requiring 3-Point Field Goal Attempts Per Game >= 2.25 and 3-Point Field Goal Percentage <= .195 and Points Per Game >= 16 and 2-Point Field Goal Percentage <= .448; sorted by descending Points

Conference games only

2 players with more than 4 games
Mintz and some guy Christian Wilson from UTSA

Part of the reason it's a small list is because it's hard to score 16 a game - i'm not trying to kill the guy here. he's such an unusual player.

I wonder how successful Iverson would be in today's game. He might take over the league or he might be ordinary
I think Iverson would have figured it out but he would look a lot like Ja Morant, IMO. Morant probably a bit more explosive but Iverson 100X tougher physically and mentally

I think he's a little selfish but not out of the ordinary. Wants to get his but so do a million guys. He also seems like a good guy, which who knows if course, but he seems like he's a good person.
The problem isn’t necessarily his selfishness , it’s that he’s so inconsistent with his effectiveness. One game he gets to the rim at will and can’t be stopped (or gets fouled) the next he can’t dribble the ball without committing a turn over and gets no fouls called for him.

He certainly wouldn't be ordinary. That's for sure.

That is an interesting list. All the mid-major teams on there tells me that on a different team (role player rebounder/defenders and spot up shooters) Mintz would be a perfect fit. But on this team, that seems to thrive off better motion, he's a productive misfit.

I think one could argue that the inconsistency of the refs leads to Judah's inconsistent performance. Some games they call fouls (over and over in his favor) and other games, the refs seem to swallow their whistles. If Mintz knew he wasn't going to get many calls by driving into opposing players, he would be forced to change his ways. The problem is that he gets rewarded at times, so he keeps doing it. In conclusion: it's mostly the refs fault.

I know, I know... this is a ridiculous take.

With the spacing in today’s game? He would live at the rim and FT line. He’d feast and would be more efficient pending him not settling for too many long jumpers.

But my god the lanes he’d have with his acceleration and athleticism would be sick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom