Minutes to gain minutes to lose | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Minutes to gain minutes to lose

Its a sizeable difference relative to a 40 minute game.
I don’t see Battle caring about playing 29 MPG as long as he gets his shots, points and the team wins.

Not being tired allows more energy to be used on the floor at all times and not have to pick your spots to give max.

Playing 28-32 MPG shouldn’t be out of the question if Carey is in the real deal.
Same for Frank’s MPG.

if battle ,howard and brissett return they will once again be unprecedented all top 5 in ncaa minutes played cuz that's how jimmy rolls now.

Everybody here cites jimmy's ability to share minutes using the Scoop, Triche, Dion example. However, look what it took for the third guard to get equal distribution minutes - an NBA legitimate lottery pick level talent.

I am not putting a ceiling on Hughes or Carey, but pretty clearly as first year players neither one will play at that level.

If Ty comes back, he will get his 32 to 35 minutes. he may not average that throughout the season, because others may get a longer look in the non-conference part of the schedule, but when it counts those are the minutes that he will get.

You also would have to pencil in Frank for his 30 minutes when it counts. Frank will have to improve to be able to hold onto those minutes. There will be a very short leash if there are What type of plays, but if he has a normal year over year improvement, with his size, experience in the system, and d, it will be hard for somebody else to beat him out.

I think Carey will get his 15 unless he either excels or disappoints beyond expectations.

That would leave Hughes as a wildcard. If he is really good he will get on the court in some capacity - backup forward ? But what if we get Golden ? In the front court Oshae will get his 35. If Marek can extend his range a bit and also play as consistently as he did post-season, he should also get 32 to 35 minutes. Even if he just plays as he did last season he will be good for 25 minutes.

This will be a very difficult puzzle for Jimmy to figure out.

Howard Washington - zero minutes other than at scrub time barring injuries.

We do know that there will be surprises, some may play better than expectations, some may disappoint. however, it will be really, really nice to have some depth however it shakes out.

by "sharing" minutes you mean giving triche the token start and then playing scoop come crunch time ?

A major question deciding playing time for Carey will be his ability to play defense. Remember that JB values defense as much or more than offense.

A major question deciding playing time for Carey will be his ability to play defense. Remember that JB values defense as much or more than offense.
Agreed. If Battle comes back, JB may be willing to concede a little on D, because the O will be so much better. If Battle leaves, it’s D at all costs again, unless a couple of guys step up their O.

I don’t agree I think without battle we have country more shooting in passing at offense.
Jalen ANd Buddy It’s the defense that they’re not as strong as him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom