Missing out on 5 stars | Syracusefan.com

Missing out on 5 stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

GooseMutt

All Conference
and many 4 star players also. I love Cuse and enjoy being an underdog that wins, but I sit around occasionally frustrated by this. The big question is-

How do we improve our brand?

I am at a loss and not willing to accept hearing the blame put on out recruiters especially Gmac, who is an occasional punching bag on here

Sigh

and many 4 star players also. I love Cuse and enjoy being an underdog that wins, but I sit around occasionally frustrated by this. The big question is-

I am at a loss and not willing to accept hearing the blame put on out recruiters especially Gmac, who is an occasional punching bag on here

Sigh
patience grasshopper. we just need another decade or two of global warming and cuse will have the perfect climate. all the other acc schools will be stinking hot, and recruits will be clamoring to head north and play for buddy.

Sigh

I wouldn’t include 4 stars. We’ve had plenty of them. According to one of the sites the following were 4 stars.

Carey
Dolezaj
Battle
Moyer
Thompson
Richardson
Lydon
Howard
McCullough (5*)
Joseph

Over 5 years that’s 2/year.

I wouldn’t include 4 stars. We’ve had plenty of them. According to one of the sites the following were 4 stars.

Carey
Dolezaj
Battle
Moyer
Thompson
Richardson
Lydon
Howard
McCullough (5*)
Joseph

Over 5 years that’s 2/year.

Thanks. You’re right. My bad

Brissett was a four star as well. He just wasn’t ranked because he’s Canadian.

So was Sidibe.

I only used 1 site and they had him a 3. But they did have Dolezaj a 4.

Sigh
Every school not named Duke or Kentucky misses out on 4 and 5 star players.

The big question is-

Sigh
1) Stay clean of sanctions
2) Stay clean of injuries
3) Stay clean of recruiting momma's boys
4) Recruiting kids that trust JAB's process

If one of our asst coaches were to leave, maybe hiring someone like Tyler Ennis s dad who I believe is a coach of an AAU nj team. His tenure probably provided him a notable number of contacts in Jersey HS BB and the AAU circuit. I assume he’s a good coach given Tyler’s court aptitude

Close. Ennis’s dad runs the CIA Bounce AAU program in the Toronto area and is the DOBO for Athlete Institute in Toronto.

You asked:

Do we even go after 5 star guys?

The answer is yes. Clearly we go after 5 star guys. If you want to talk about guys not committing that's fine, but that's not the premise you started with.

They have to ride the bus to every game, then they ride the bus back home, but spoiler alert home is actually just another bus.

I still think that a large percentage of this board thinks that is true because someone said it on here in some authoritative way in which they just accepted it as truth. Similar to the nonsense about Marek going back to Europe and not coming back since that is such a common thing for NCAA Euros to do...

I still think that a large percentage of this board thinks that is true because someone said it on here in some authoritative way in which they just accepted it as truth. Similar to the nonsense about Marek going back to Europe and not coming back since that is such a common thing for NCAA Euros to do...

Hahahaha following the Battle news I'm still irrationally afraid Marek is going to do that, because apparently we cant have nice things anymore.

We just landed one but for some reason decided making 26 k in the g league was more appealing.
Slightly off topic but... I still haven't heard anyone explain why a G-League team would sign Bazley. Why would you take away developmental time from one of your own players in order to develop a player for another NBA franchise?

Slightly off topic but... I still haven't heard anyone explain why a G-League team would sign Bazley. Why would you take away developmental time from one of your own players in order to develop a player for another NBA franchise?
That is the 64 thousand dollars question I've been waiting for answer for.

He can sit out the year and it won’t change his draft stock much.

only a few players on each roster are assigned by the parent team. most g league players have contracts with the league itself, not the team they play for. the league, and its teams, are charged with developing players regardless of whether they are under contract to an nba team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom