Missouri in the SEC | Syracusefan.com

Missouri in the SEC

rmtsu

Walk On
Not that I think that Missouri isn't a good team, but reading their tigerboard.com forum you would think that they had years of success in the SEC. Many of their fans post's when it comes to discussing SU come down to them touting the fact that they are in the SEC and well we're in the Big East, like that is the overriding consideration.

Now I hope we can go there and play turnover free ball, which I think gives us a good chance, but I just thought it was interesting that for a team that hasn't been in the SEC for a full year yet, has lost to the better teams in the SEC this year and has an OT win over a down UT team as their signature win (not bad though to say you have beaten Tennessee in any year) has as many fans beating their chest saying they are SEC and we are a Big East team and thinking that will be enough to insure victory for them. I know that fans can think what they want as long as the players are focused and don't take a team lightly but hopefully Missouri does take us a bit lightly and our physicality can suprise them right off the bat. If we can mix up the run and the pass and keep them offstride and guessing, not turn the ball over I like our chances of putting points on the board, but that will be the question, in a hostile night environment can we come out and establish the run to take the pressure off the passing game and help open it up. The O-line has been playing much better since Pugh came back and if it continues we'll be able to move the ball. We won't be able to leave points on the field though and stall in the red zone.

You just posted exactly what I was thinking earlier today. It's as if the fact they are in the SEC they are now a dominate team. that logic is so ridiculous it's almost scary. By that logic, Vandy should have won a National Championship by now.

You just posted exactly what I was thinking earlier today. It's as if the fact they are in the SEC they are now a dominate team. that logic is so ridiculous it's almost scary. By that logic, Vandy should have won a National Championship by now.
They've been defending Vandy as a very good team because they've beaten up on the bottom-dwellers of the SEC. They'd probably discount them if they were in the B12, now defending them.

CAGED-THE-CATS.jpeg

Attention Syracuse t-shirt makers! We need a new shirt once we beat Depaul this year in basketball. Might I suggest:

"Syracuse Doused the Demons"

or

"Syracuse Exorcised the Demons"

They wouldn't be the first SEC team we've beaten. I bet Arkansas' fans thought the same about Rutgers. SEC teams are not infallible, particularly the middle to lower teams (of which Missouri is one) and the BE is not as bad as people think. It is going to be a difficult game, but we have more than a puncher's chance to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom