Mitch mcgarry to have back surgery... | Syracusefan.com

Mitch mcgarry to have back surgery...

Lawrinson14 said:
Out indefinitely. No wonder these kids all leave early. Why come back and risk injury? Link

Woulda shoulda coulda. I applaud kids who go back to school

Out indefinitely. No wonder these kids all leave early. Why come back and risk injury?
That's the great threat. The premier players can lose their big payday. All the same, I would wish for most of them that they stay and get their education and degree. Except for the few exceptional talents, college ball will be the largest stage they will ever play on. Too many pass that up for an early exit to Europe or further continents. It's hard to criticize when a lot of these kids are taking a paycheck not just for themselves but for their families, too.

Woulda shoulda coulda. I applaud kids who go back to school

Kids with NBA talent who return to school are stupid. You can always return to school after your career is over, but you have to assume that the brass ring will only be within your reach once. Of course, if you are too stupid to see that then you are probably too stupid for the piece of paper to make any difference in your life anyway.

moqui said:
Kids with NBA talent who return to school are stupid. You can always return to school after your career is over, but you have to assume that the brass ring will only be within your reach once.

Meh i dont blame him. Let kids be kids. I love it when kids give the middle finger to the nba and stay in school

Meh i dont blame him. Let kids be kids. I love it when kids give the middle finger to the nba and stay in school
I'd much rather have been a kid with $4.5 M guaranteed coming my way, but that's just me

Oh snap. You whizzed by 1o,000 likes and I missed it. Congrats either way!

Kids with NBA talent who return to school are stupid. You can always return to school after your career is over, but you have to assume that the brass ring will only be within your reach once. Of course, if you are too stupid to see that then you are probably too stupid for the piece of paper to make any difference in your life anyway.

I agree in principle, but if a kids isn't mentally ready and he knows it he should stay in school. NBA=No Boys Allowed!

Last edited:
If he decided to go pro and then hurt his back, where would he be now?

I love when they flip of the NCAA and go get paid.

People who say kids should stay in school are crazy. Mitch McGary was a lottery pick in a very weak draft last year(4+ million guaranteed) now he is looking at his 2nd back problem in less then a year and there is no chance he will ever see the lottery ever again and maybe the 1st round.

How is Mitch McGary not playing NBA basketball going to earn 4 million dollars?

This thread is the poster child for "i wish i were an athlete and am pissed i am not in his position".

Give the kid a break. F the nba

Neither here nor there in the context of this thread, but I'll just say that we woulda buried michigan in the f4 (refs and all) if not for Mitch's first half performance.

Neither here nor there in the context of this thread, but I'll just say that we woulda buried michigan in the f4 (refs and all) if not for Mitch's first half performance.

You mean the half where he committed the first 6 of his 12 fouls for the game?

yeah, and where he dissected the 2-3 from the ff line like few have ever done

That he did, but he would have been much less effective at it from the bench after he fouled on every other rebound he got and every time we shot from the paint, esp CJ.

My feeling is always the kid should do what he wants, so I'm not going to hate on a kid for coming back and getting hurt, nor if he goes pro "too early". But I just feel like when we're discussing Jerami or whoever the guy is next year or the year after that, we need to keep these stories in mind. Too often it just seems like people assume guys will only improve their draft stock when they come back for a year.
It's McGarry's life; if he wanted to come back for another year at school cause he loved the experience, then god bless him, it's his life to live. And same thing the other way with a guy like Donte Greene or whoever.

That he did, but he would have been much less effective at it from the bench after he fouled on every other rebound he got and every time we shot from the paint, esp CJ.

JHC, do we ever lose a game where the other team was just better?

My feeling is always the kid should do what he wants, so I'm not going to hate on a kid for coming back and getting hurt, nor if he goes pro "too early". But I just feel like when we're discussing Jerami or whoever the guy is next year or the year after that, we need to keep these stories in mind. Too often it just seems like people assume guys will only improve their draft stock when they come back for a year.
It's McGarry's life; if he wanted to come back for another year at school cause he loved the experience, then god bless him, it's his life to live. And same thing the other way with a guy like Donte Greene or whoever.

well said!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom