Mizzouri to SEC...let the merry-go-round resume* | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mizzouri to SEC...let the merry-go-round resume*

The SEC has to want them first.

Seems they do. They are just playing dumb so baylor cant sue them.

Slive:
We were happy at 13 teams then after MIZZ had there BOC meeting they called up and said they were interested and i brought it up to the presidents and we voted them in. MIZZ made first contact.

All this we are happy at 13 and AD's saying that the SEC doesnt plan on expanding to 14 for a couple years is just BS to deflect future law suites.(baylor?)

WVU #14 MIZZ # 15 i hope #16 is like NCSU

If I am Texas I want to add as many markets as possible to get money for the LHN. So taking that into account and the need for having good FB programs wouldn't they push for BYU, Boise St, Air Force, SD St, UNLV, and NM? That sets up...

North- Okie St, KU, K St, ISU, BYU, Boise St, Air Force
South- OU, Texas, Tech, Baylor, SD St, UNLV, NM

It adds Utah (SLC), Boise, San Diego, Colorado (Denver), Nevada (Vegas), and New Mexico (Albuquerque) to the footprint. It kills the MWC, preventing a non BCS from getting an at large. It adds the states of Boise, Nevada, and New Mexico to the BCS, which helps to prevent the government from getting involved. And that is a pretty good BBall conference as well. I can see this conference staying together long term.

As to the BCS there would be little to no threat of a non BCS at large team. So there would be 4 at large bids for ND, B1G, SEC, P12, and B12 to fight over. The ACC ain't getting two teams. The Big East likely adds Nova, Navy, and one of UCF, Houston, or SMU to get to 10/16. That would suck for SU as the BE would still have a BCS bid. But for the sport it would be better for all.

Mizzou could use this as leverage to cut a better deal with the BigXII or to bolt to the SEC or to try to persuade the B1G one last time. This could take months to play out.

I can't believe Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are going to approve the Big 12 deal. It locks in everyone as equals except Texas and shuts them out of the Pac 11.

I'm hearing WVU, Cincy, Lville and Rutgers to the B12 and Kansas, KSt, Baylor and ISU to the BE.

Thoughts?

Well OU made the same statement when A&M left and are still in the B12. I really really hope that Mizzou is gone to the SEC and that the B12 takes Louisville, WV, TCU, and Cincy to get back to 12. If they dip to 8 their current contract is gone. So they may have to go back to 12 to make the money back from new markets and increased inventory. That would leave the BE with USF, UConn, and RU. At that point the BE would be forced to give up FB operations. No school would want to join in FB without a BCS bid. USF would go to CUSA, UConn to the MAC for FB only, and RU the Sun Belt since the MAC is too hard.

I don't think Cinci makes the cut. I think BYU to the Big 12 is more likely than Cinci.

Wow UConn, Rutgers, South Florida are in HUGE trouble if Mizzou leaves for the SEC. The B1G isn't expanding off 12 without Notre Dame or Texas. They have too many trophy games to water down their product for Rutgers or UConn. You gotta believe Louisville, BYU are invited to the Big 12 and if they want 2 more Cincinnati and West Virginia are next. Seriously its kinda sad what is going to happen to them then you look at how RU and UConn's fanbases are condescending towards SU in a non-rivalry way and you don't shed a tear. There was a UConn poster I can't remember his/her name who did nothing but crap on SU on the site before this, and that douche better enjoy UConn in a BCS conference now because they aren't getting invited to the ACC, SEC, B1G, or B12.

1 if not both those teams will end up joining us at some point. The only way both get locked out of the ACC is if PSU and ND join.(not gonna happen) Once the B12 kills the BE then we will see what ND does. If ND doesnt join the ACC then they will take both i bet and just lock down the entire east coast.

So KU, KSU, Baylor and ISU are forfeiting their tier 1-2 TV money for 6 years and still moving? Doesn't seem likely. If Mizzou bolts my guess is Big 12-4 adds BYU and one of TCU/ Louisville/WVU to get back to 10 which is the number UT wants.

At this point I don't give a shite. Just get us to the ACC next year.

I'm hearing WVU, Cincy, Lville and Rutgers to the B12 and Kansas, KSt, Baylor and ISU to the BE.

Thoughts?
come on, lets keep it in reality.

rutgers is obviously the most important piece left, but why are you listing defections to a useless confusa conf?? and then why would jersey go??

Thoughts?

Does the BE get cash or a team to be named later? ;)

Thoughts?

Wait! Where is UConn going . . . . . . . . . . . . . oh yah never mind

Seems they do. They are just playing dumb so baylor cant sue them.

All this we are happy at 13 and AD's saying that the SEC doesnt plan on expanding to 14 for a couple years is just BS to deflect future law suites.(baylor?)

WVU #14 MIZZ # 15 i hope #16 is like NCSU

I think WVU / MIzzou is either/or. I think they stop at 14 for now. Because I don't see another for that conference that is compelling, unless it was Oklahoma, and Oklahoma seems to have joined Texas at the hip, plus you have the whole Okie State problem of them tagging along because T. Boone Pickens is so damn rich, basically.

Does the BE get cash or a team to be named later? ;)

That's what's pathetic about this attempted blackmail to get out early - that teams should pay the league $20M. Get serious, Snooki. I know all the hoops schools want to leach one last big payday, but that's bull.

Wait! Where is UConn going . . . . . . . . . . . . . oh yah never mind

Nutmeg League. Connecticut College, University of New Haven, Bridgeport, U of Hartford. Wesleyan declines ... doesn't want to share Tier 1 rights.

1 if not both those teams will end up joining us at some point. The only way both get locked out of the ACC is if PSU and ND join.(not gonna happen) Once the B12 kills the BE then we will see what ND does. If ND doesnt join the ACC then they will take both i bet and just lock down the entire east coast.
The ACC isn't expanding beyond 14 without ND or Texas as one of the teams. If the ACC wanted RU and UConn they would offer them now and be done, but they want a big fish. If ND is forced into a conference ACC or B1G then at most 1 of them will be invited. If for some reason ND went into the B1G then the ACC wouldn't add RU and UConn they don't add anything. This whole 16 team conference BS isn't going to happen. The B1G cares about rivalries and tradition they won't add schools just to get to 16 teams they will only add teams that are a national brand and add value to the BTN. The B1G did a study on RU, UConn, SU, Pitt, Mizzou and determined what value each would bring the conference they concluded none of RU, SU, UConn brought enough of the NYC market to justify expansion. ACC said they weren't opposed to 16 if they could get a brand school not UConn or Rutgers.

come on, lets keep it in reality.

rutgers is obviously the most important piece left, but why are you listing defections to a useless confusa conf?? and then why would jersey go??
Kaiser I don't get why you think so highly of Jersey state. They aren't more valuable than WVU or Louisville. I realize their state produces talent, but Jersey State hasn't finished higher than 3rd in the WORST BCS conference and their basketball is awful hell even UConn brings more value than Jersey State they are a sleeping giant that hasn't ever woken up. If Jersey State was so valuable the ACC would have picked them over us or Pitt.

IMO ND wouldn't make a decision until after their NBC contract ends. So even if the BE breaks up, I don't see ND joining a conference until 2016. If Brian Kelly brings their FB program back to Top 10 caliber by then, ND will stay Indy and suck it up for the other sports in the BE. However if they are in the Top 20-25 range or worse in FB, then they will choose a conference.

Kaiser I don't get why you think so highly of Jersey state. They aren't more valuable than WVU or Louisville. I realize their state produces talent, but Jersey State hasn't finished higher than 3rd in the WORST BCS conference and their basketball is awful hell even UConn brings more value than Jersey State they are a sleeping giant that hasn't ever woken up. If Jersey State was so valuable the ACC would have picked them over us or Pitt.
this is ridiculous on so many levels.

1. rutgers acadameics are way way way > than wv, lville and storz.

2. the only football school that matters in new england, and it doesnt really matter at all, is boston college.

3. a prerequisite to be a sleeping giant is... you have to have a record. storz doesnt have one. thats ZIP ZERO NONE. its a cow school, who can easily be left behind, or added as a 16th and 16th only acc school

4. Syracuse > rutgers

this is ridiculous on so many levels.

2. the only football school that matters in new england, and it doesnt really matter at all, is boston college.

3. a prerequisite to be a sleeping giant is... you have to have a record. storz doesnt have one. thats ZIP ZERO NONE. its a cow school, who can easily be left behind, or added as a 16th and 16th only acc school

4. Syracuse > rutgers
Kaiser I gotta say sir, I agree with a lot of the positions you take and we agree about 90% of the time. I respect your bash aholeness and hope to develop my own streak as I get older. I channel my inner Kaiser when dealing with PDs in the DA's office.

IMO ND wouldn't make a decision until after their NBC contract ends. So even if the BE breaks up, I don't see ND joining a conference until 2016. If Brian Kelly brings their FB program back to Top 10 caliber by then, ND will stay Indy and suck it up for the other sports in the BE. However if they are in the Top 20-25 range or worse in FB, then they will choose a conference.

That's not very practical IMHO. Between conference bowl monies (which Notre Dame shares) and NCAA men's basketball fund payouts to the Big East, Notre Dame would be losing nearly $5 million a year in athletics revenue by not joining another conference. If the Big East becomes a second-rate conference, I don't believe they'll be able to sustain that loss in revenue.

Now, if the Big East teams are held to the 27 months deal, and the money stays in place for a few more years, Notre Dame could probably hold out for 2-3 years. But if these teams leave next season or the year after, I think the Irish will have no choice but to begin their search.

Anyone saying RU is clearly a better school than UConn hasn't been paying any attention the past 15 years.

Anyone saying RU is clearly a better school than UConn hasn't been paying any attention the past 15 years.
If you think UConn was more valuable then you would be hearing about them in this expansion talk. UConn has never been brought up by the B1G last year it was Nebraska, Notre Dame, Missouri, and Rutgers. UConn is begging to get into the ACC and weren't a target. Even the B12 expansion talk is focusing on Louisville, Cincinnati, West Virginia, TCU, and even Rutgers mentioned. UConn is a way better basketball school(probably top 5 nationality)than Rutgers, and I even believe you guys have passed them in football, but your attention seeking AG now Senator KILLED your school with ACC. The ACC is in the only conference that would be interested in UConn, but because you guys torched Boston College, and Miami they aren't going to do any favors. When you guys filed that lawsuit(btw WestLaw the case in Blumenthal's complaint he torches Schalala don't think she has forgotten that) guess which school stayed completely out of it? The answer is Syracuse and guess what our relationship with ACC leadership remained well above cordial. Good luck in the future, but while your President is doing everything she can to get you guys into the ACC its severely unlikely you guys get in unless you guys could get Notre Dame.

I don't generally really care how this all shakes out per se, but I have no idea why people kid themselves into believing academics play a huge role in this stuff. If it's convenient, then we'll hear how much they matter. If it's inconvenient or they could make more money going elsewhere, there will be some sort of rationalization and that's the way they'll go. If a conference believed that, at the end of the day, WVU and L'ville could bring big money and RU couldn't, academics wouldn't stop them from adding the moneymaker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom