Class of 2017 - MJ Walker to Florida St | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 MJ Walker to Florida St

They're not going to get involved. Jordan's move to Atlanta doesn't impact his relationship with Syracuse. He's on the record with that.

Why don't we up our efforts with this kid. He's one of the few 5 star guys left who at least at one time expressed interest in Syracuse. I understand he's likely headed to Maryland. I'd think playing hoops at SU and the new Dino Baber's system would be enticing to this two sport guy. What am I missing?

Why don't we up our efforts with this kid. He's one of the few 5 star guys left who at least at one time expressed interest in Syracuse. I understand he's likely headed to Maryland. I'd think playing hoops at SU and the new Dino Baber's system would be enticing to this two sport guy. What am I missing?

His dad runs the show... and has shown no interest in Syracuse.

His dad runs the show... and has shown no interest in Syracuse.

I would keep pursuing him. Syracuse is a better choice than Maryland. Maybe daddy can be swayed. Maybe Boeheim and Babers should recruit him together. Why the heck not?

I would keep pursuing him. Syracuse is a better choice than Maryland. Maybe daddy can be swayed. Maybe Boeheim and Babers should recruit him together. Why the heck not?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see MJ in orange. I just don't see it as likely as this point. Seems to be Maryland.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see MJ in orange. I just don't see it as likely as this point. Seems to be Maryland.

Maybe Donovan McNabb, our two sport star, could help us recruit him? He could give him some dough on the side (joke). ;-)

Hey if Kentucky can come in late and steal a recuit from us... we should be able to be able to go in late and steal a recuit from Maryland

Most likely headed to Virginia Tech from what I've seen. They are going to be a difficult team to handle next year.

I had unreasonably hopeful expectations when i saw a new comment in this thread.

I had unreasonably hopeful expectations when i saw a new comment in this thread.

Regarding a guy we never had any interest in? And never offered?

yes - any expectations you had, were by definition unreasonably hopeful.

I thought he was Georgia Tech or Florida State?

Regarding a guy we never had any interest in? And never offered?

yes - any expectations you had, were by definition unreasonably hopeful.

Have read nothing thats suggested we have 0 interest. Read about his high interest in cuse but the lack of an offer can probably be explained by the circus a recruitment through a parent provides and maybe jb previously held someone we didnt land higher on our board.

Not to mention we'd fit the bill as a school who'd potentially consider him as a two sport athlete, its not as if thats something dino and jb have been proven to shut down before.

Obviously i dont think we're involved at this point which is why i deemed it unreasonable.

Think the tone of your reply's a bit unwarranted.

I thought he was Georgia Tech or Florida State?

The Crystal Meth ball has been trending to VPI heavily the past couple weeks. I would say if it isn't them, it is UCLA.

The Crystal Meth ball has been trending to VPI heavily the past couple weeks. I would say if it isn't them, it is UCLA.
Ah, I have not thought much about this kid's recruitment in a looooong time.

Paul Biancardi‏ @PaulBiancardi
Recruiting update: M.J. Walker tells ESPN that he will make his college decision tomorrow at Jonesboro HS in the gymnasium at 11am. His final list of schools are Florida State, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, UCLA and Virginia Tech. Walker sits at no.25 in the final ESPN player rankings for 2017.

Paul Biancardi‏ @PaulBiancardi
Recruiting update: M.J. Walker tells ESPN that he will make his college decision tomorrow at Jonesboro HS in the gymnasium at 11am. His final list of schools are Florida State, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, UCLA and Virginia Tech. Walker sits at no.25 in the final ESPN player rankings for 2017.

What? No Syracuse? :p

images

TB25 isn't going to like my tone here, methinks. ;)

What? No Syracuse? :p

images

TB25 isn't going to like my tone here, methinks. ;)
I dont know which part of my original comment made you think i genuinely expected to be on his list, but kudos i guess?

I dont know which part of my original comment made you think i genuinely expected to be on his list, but kudos i guess?

Well, when you got a little snippy in reply to my initial reply, it seemed like you thought, somehow, there might be some sort of Syracuse-related something to this kid's recruitment? :noidea:
When clearly, based on non-#fakefacts, there was always a zero-point-zero % chance of that.
Very sorry to have had to be the one to confirm that for you. We'll both never get back these minutes.

I'd still say the whole we never offered him thing, might be a dead giveaway that we're probably not involved, if we ever were.

Well, when you got a little snippy in reply to my initial reply, it seemed like you thought, somehow, there might be some sort of Syracuse-related something to this kid's recruitment? :noidea:
When clearly, based on non-#fakefacts, there was always a zero-point-zero % chance of that.
Very sorry to have had to be the one to confirm that for you. We'll both never get back these minutes.

I'd still say the whole we never offered him thing, might be a dead giveaway that we're probably not involved, if we ever were.
I say offer him now. Last minute, have JB show up at his announcement. Grab the mic and say "MJ, we want you at Syracuse and Babers is on board." Then drop the mic and walk off like a pimp.

I really hope he chooses UCLA or Ohio State. Let him go Big 10 or pac 12. I don't want any of those 3 ACC schools to have recruiting victories.

lol the gt fools were absolutely sure they'd be getting 1 of JT or Walker, if not both

If I was so happy go lucky-glass half full/naive as to actually think we'd get involved last second and land a 5 star calibre talent like this against his father's wishes... i would've already have had a rude awakening in the Whitehead and Briscoe recruitments

I say offer him now. Last minute, have JB show up at his announcement. Grab the mic and say "MJ, we want you at Syracuse and Babers is on board." Then drop the mic and walk off like a pimp.

Wow, that had me literally lol. Boeheim would be the BA of the century if he pulled off a stunt like that.
Come in there looking just like this picture.
c07-beoheim-nets-23-4_3.jpg

Wow, that had me literally lol. Boeheim would be the BA of the century if he pulled off a stunt like that.
Come in there looking just like this picture.
c07-beoheim-nets-23-4_3.jpg
Yeah, maybe even bring Dino with him. Dino knocks all the other hats off the table and plants an SU hat front and center. Then chest bumps JB before swagging out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom