Mlb awards voting | Syracusefan.com

Mlb awards voting

Briancuse

Living Legend
Can someone please explain to me how jd Martinez was left out of the al mvp voting? Absolutely criminal.

Can someone please explain to me how jd Martinez was left out of the al mvp voting? Absolutely criminal.

Because he is a DH. They tend to not do well in MVP voting unless they have far superior offensive seasons. And Martinez was only 5th in Offensive WAR, and many modern voters care more about that then the classic counting stats.

Whether I agree or not, those are the reasons he was left out. An argument can certainly be made that all of Betts, Trout and Ramirez had better seasons.

Last edited:
Because he is a DH. They tend to not do well in MVP voting unless they have far superior offensive seasons. And Martinez was only 5th in Offensive WAR, and many modern voters care more about that then the classic counting stats.

Whether I agree or not, those are the reasons he was left out. An argument can certainly be made that all of Betts, Trout and Ramirez had better seasons.
His numbers are off the charts this year.

Who are you leaving off the top 3 in place of Martinez?

He played almost 60 games in the OF.
Martinez was first or second in HR/RBIs/BA and had an insane OBP.

He was better than Martinez.

He played almost 60 games in the OF.
Martinez was first or second in HR/RBIs/BA and had an insane OBP.

He was better than Martinez.
I don't understand. it seems that you are saying that Martinez is better than Martinez?

I don't understand. it seems that you are saying that Martinez is better than Martinez?
My phone auto corrected Ramirez to Martinez.
I meant Jose Ramirez.

Trout , like LeBron , is pretty much the MVP every year whether he’s awarded the honor or not
Martinez has better numbers and the angels finished in 4th place.

WAR is just some stupid number that someone came up with that has no real facts to back it up. Much like he crazy range numbers they try to apply to infielders.

Keith Law types are ruining baseball with their arrogance.
WAR is a nice stat but it’s totally overblown by those nerd types.
I look at WAR but its not always right.
JD Martinez, Mookie Betts, and Mike Trout should have been the top 3.
Keith Law put JD Martinez 9th this year.

Keith Law types are ruining baseball with their arrogance.
WAR is a nice stat but it’s totally overblown by those nerd types.
I look at WAR but its not always right.
JD Martinez, Mookie Betts, and Mike Trout should have been the top 3.
Keith Law put JD Martinez 9th this year.

If only we could go back to valuing RBIs and clutch hitting

If only we could go back to valuing RBIs and clutch hitting
Listen of course analytics have helped baseball but Keith Law and his type suck.
WAR is a stat they use as bible just to justify Mike Trout’s greatness every year.
Trout was not more valuable than Mookie Betts this year and Law had Trout first and JD Martinez ninth.
That is insane.
Martinez didn’t play the field everyday but he played 60 games in the OF and wasn’t bad out there. He wasn’t a plus defensively like Betts or Bradley Jr. but he didn’t suck.

I hate the arrogance of these nerds in baseball. It’s okay if you don’t believe in clutch hitting but RBIs aren’t a bad stat. JD Martinez hit .422 with RISP and 2 outs. He hit .365 with RISP overall. That is why his RBIs are higher.

If you think Khris Davis was better than this year than JD Martinez like Keith Law because of WAR then it’s beyonf dumb.

Listen of course analytics have helped baseball but Keith Law and his type suck.
WAR is a stat they use as bible just to justify Mike Trout’s greatness every year.
Trout was not more valuable than Mookie Betts this year and Law had Trout first and JD Martinez ninth.
That is insane.
Martinez didn’t play the field everyday but he played 60 games in the OF and wasn’t bad out there. He wasn’t a plus defensively like Betts or Bradley Jr. but he didn’t suck.

I hate the arrogance of these nerds in baseball. It’s okay if you don’t believe in clutch hitting but RBIs aren’t a bad stat. JD Martinez hit .422 with RISP and 2 outs. He hit .365 with RISP overall. That is why his RBIs are higher.

If you think Khris Davis was better than this year than JD Martinez like Keith Law because of WAR then it’s beyonf dumb.

Hit .243 with 33 homers and 68 RBI’s with a good launch angle! War! Tape on my glasses!

SMH. Hate this spit. Watched my Dodgers go down in flames popping up every time while swinging for the fences like some beer league softball 40 year old prison guard workers.

Nerds are ruining sports.

Very much agree. There is a place for all this analytics stuff but I still feel pretty confident with my own eye test on whether a guy can play or not.

Very much agree. There is a place for all this analytics stuff but I still feel pretty confident with my own eye test on whether a guy can play or not.

I’ve seen the Giants and Cardinals win enough championships by playing so called “small ball” in so called nonexistent “clutch moments” this decade while riding their starting pitcher that’s throwing a gem enough times this decade to know that nothing has actually changed in how you win baseball championships.

All this other BS is about nerd job security.

I wonder what the writer who didn't vote for deGrom was thinking. It couldn't have been more obvious this year. Guy can only do so much if he gets no run support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom