MLB thread for non-Red Sox and Yankees fans | Syracusefan.com

MLB thread for non-Red Sox and Yankees fans

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
So if you're not a Red Sox or Yankees fans, who's your team and what are your thoughts?

Huge Braves fan here and I'm thrilled with their start. Still early, I thought it might be another year before their youth movement started to pay dividends but so far, so good. Ozzie Albies bat is a lot more potent than I realized it would be and Acuna seems to be adjusting to MLB pretty well. Just love watching Freddie Freeman hit. I really want to see him play on some winning teams in Atlanta.

Blue Jays.

Its been a long, rough 20 something years.

Yeah it has been a long time for the Jays. They a shot in 2015 but the Royals took them down. Unfortunately I can't see a big reason for optimism this year. Osuna really screwed my fantasy team also with his domestic violence nonsense.

Yeah it has been a long time for the Jays. They a shot in 2015 but the Royals took them down. Unfortunately I can't see a big reason for optimism this year. Osuna really screwed my fantasy team also with his domestic violence nonsense.
Yep, i can’t find in myself to forgive people for domestic violence.

Maybe Smoak, Donaldson, Granderson and co. Can really turn it on. The starting rotations solid, they wont be playing as mediocre for long.

My reason for optimism is coming next year with Vlad Jr.

Hopefully Stro and Donaldson stay without bankrupting the club.

Dodgers. Seager out for the year. Turner hasn’t played yet. Kershaw is on the DL. The bullpen has been awful. And we’ve lost 3 in a row to the Reds. The Reds!

Just a brutally disappointing start to the season in every regard.

Dodgers. Seager out for the year. Turner hasn’t played yet. Kershaw is on the DL. The bullpen has been awful. And we’ve lost 3 in a row to the Reds. The Reds!

Just a brutally disappointing start to the season in every regard.

Dodgers have been hit hard with injuries for sure. Kershaw is an interesting case. I always pick him first in fantasy because he always makes me look much smarter than I am. But this is the 3rd year in a row he has had some DL time. Then, even when he was pitching, they couldn't score for him. Chris Taylor was a fantasy free agent steal for me last year, but he's been struggling. Cody Bellinger hasn't been horrible, but definitely not on a 40 HR pace and it looks like the bad Puig so far this year. Ryu looked really good in the few starts he had, but then he got hurt again. The good news is their division is still not out of reach if they can get some guys healthy and playing like last year.

DdQeRdMVAAAg5dd.jpg:large

I'm just here to troll.
They’re kind of asking for us IMO.

Hey alsacs, tell betts to make sure he brings the donuts to the next Yankee-sux game for all the OFs.

They’re kind of asking for us IMO.

Hey alsacs, tell betts to make sure he brings the donuts to the next Yankee-sux game for all the OFs.

Going to see your Yankees tonight and tomorrow. Should be a fun two nights at the Nats ballyard.

Going to see your Yankees tonight and tomorrow. Should be a fun two nights at the Nats ballyard.

If you see any baseball tonight, I think it's going to be a long night. Storms roll in right around gametime.

I have tickets for tomorrow, but I'm not expecting there to be a game. Weather looks even worse. Sucks.

If you see any baseball tonight, I think it's going to be a long night. Storms roll in right around gametime.

I have tickets for tomorrow, but I'm not expecting there to be a game. Weather looks even worse. Sucks.

Same, displeased.

With both off on Thursday, they might have to play 1...or 2, then.

With both off on Thursday, they might have to play 1...or 2, then.

Doesn’t get any better. Complete washout here until Sunday.

I think they’ll wait all night to at least get in tonight’s game. Then look for a mutual off day for a quick trip later.

Is this the thread where I can lament not having a pro team in Montreal anymore?

Cause it used to be super fun to go up there and see either the Yanks or especially the Red Sox.

Is this the thread where I can lament not having a pro team in Montreal anymore?

Cause it used to be super fun to go up there and see either the Yanks or especially the Red Sox.

Did the Expos play the Yankees and Red Sox? I don’t remember when interleague play began.

Doesn’t get any better. Complete washout here until Sunday.

I think they’ll wait all night to at least get in tonight’s game. Then look for a mutual off day for a quick trip later.

Supposed to finish yesterday's game at 5 today (lesson to Nats, don't drop a popup). Then Max time. However DC will be under a foot of water by then.

Supposed to finish yesterday's game at 5 today (lesson to Nats, don't drop a popup). Then Max time. However DC will be under a foot of water by then.

Great scoop by Reynolds on a bad throw by Turner to end the top of the 5th. He doesn't make that play, it's a 5 inning completed game.

Great scoop by Reynolds on a bad throw by Turner to end the top of the 5th. He doesn't make that play, it's a 5 inning completed game.

June 18 this will get resolved...during the U2 show...