MMMBop | Syracusefan.com

MMMBop

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Fans will want to get to their seats early prior to Syracuse's men's basketball game against Eastern Michigan to see the pop band Hanson perform the National Anthem. The group has sold more than 16 million records worldwide and has earned multiple Grammy nominations. Tip off for Tuesday's game is set for 3 p.m.

http://www.suathletics.com/news/2013/12/30/MBB_1230130612.aspx

lol. they are playing a free nye concert in syracuse too.

Could be worse...

slap-shot-hansons-premiere_scruberthumbnail_1.jpg

I'm not sure what to think about this. On the one hand, they used to be one of the biggest acts in the world, so I'm wondering what the hell they're doing singing the anthem at a random SU game in the middle of the day. On the other hand...Hanson? Really?

I'm not sure what to think about this. On the one hand, they used to be one of the biggest acts in the world, so I'm wondering what the hell they're doing singing the anthem at a random SU game in the middle of the day. On the other hand...Hanson? Really?

I don't like Hanson at all but they've managed to have quite a successful career. They've been branded one-hit wonders but have a had a series of well-received albums after their debut album. Again, not my thing but they have become quite successful and have a very loyal fan base. They generally play decent size theaters.

I don't like Hanson at all but they've managed to have quite a successful career. They've been branded one-hit wonders but have a had a series of well-received albums after their debut album. Again, not my thing but they have become quite successful and have a very loyal fan base. They generally play decent size theaters.
"I swear guys, I'm not a big fan of this thing but here are a bunch of details a random person would never ever know unless he follows said thing pretty closely."

Come on, iommi. We all know what your ringtone is now.

"I swear guys, I'm not a big fan of this thing but here are a bunch of details a random person would never ever know unless he follows said thing pretty closely."

Come on, iommi. We all know what your ringtone is now.

Yeah, my ring alternates between Hanson and "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath." :rolleyes: I am just a fountain of useless info, especially music-related.

Yeah, my ring alternates between Hanson and "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath." :rolleyes: I am just a fountain of useless info, especially music-related.
It's ok to be a Hanson fan. I won't tell anyone. who am I kidding, I would tell everyone!

"They've actually been pretty successful. They've had some really good albums since they were teenybopper icons. Er, that's what...uh...a friend told me. Er, wait! I mean, um, a friend of a friend's...daughter. Yeah, she told me. Because I'd never listen to them. No way, Jose. Or Taylor. Wait, crap...I don't know who Taylor is. Must have been thinking of Tyler. Like Ennis, or Roberson, or Lydon! I'm always making those mistakes. I must have gotten mmmbopped in the head as a baby!

...sh**!"

Iommi... you've likely forgotten more music info then I've ever known. How do you even remember all this stuff?

Iommi... you've likely forgotten more music info then I've ever known. How do you even remember all this stuff?

No clue, I'm like that with movies too...I just soak up pop culture knowledge. For some reason, I have a great memory when it comes to useless information. There's a segment on the show, That Metal Show, on VH1 Classic, where Eddie Trunk is quizzed on metal and hard rock trivia by the studio audience. I sometimes know answers he doesn't get.

I know random things like...I can name every Roth-era Van Halen album in order, including the year they were released. I have no reason to know something like that but I do. It's a bizarre, useless "talent." I'm not sure it's a talent, so I put that in quotes.

No clue, I'm like that with movies too...I just soak up pop culture knowledge. For some reason, I have a great memory when it comes to useless information. There's a segment on the show, That Metal Show, on VH1 Classic, where Eddie Trunk is quizzed on metal and hard rock trivia by the studio audience. I sometimes know answers he doesn't get.

I know random things like...I can name every Roth-era Van Halen album in order, including the year they were released. I have no reason to know something like that but I do. It's a bizarre, useless "talent." I'm not sure it's a talent, so I put that in quotes.

Psh. I got that stuff down. Want a challenge? I would seriously love to see you and minicuse in a live metal trivia contest.

He would test you man. He has like every lineup, every album, of basically any hard rock band from the 60s to now in his head.

As an aside, he turned me on to Straight Line Stitch. He has an slightly unhealthy obsession with Alexis Brown.

To get the stink of MMMBop out of some folks' heads

Psh. I got that stuff down. Want a challenge? I would seriously love to see you and minicuse in a live metal trivia contest.

He would test you man. He has like every lineup, every album, of basically any hard rock band from the 60s to now in his head.

As an aside, he turned me on to Straight Line Stitch. He has an slightly unhealthy obsession with Alexis Brown.

Book it...we can do it in a chat room or something. You can be our moderator.:cool:

I have a great hard rock band for you to check out: Rival Sons. Huge Zeppelin influence. Singer sounds like Paul Rodgers. If this were 1975, they'd be headlining arenas.

I know it's sacrilegious to boo a National Anthem performance but this might be one of the only two exceptions (the other being Justin Bieber).

Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly lethal at name that tune from the 60's on but I read some of your posts and think "how in the hell does he know this?". It's quite impressive.

To get the stink of MMMBop out of some folks' heads

For some reason anything rock music related sticks in my brain. Band members, track listings, release dates, riffs, lyrics, etc. Even bands I don't even like or listen to.

Book it...we can do it in a chat room or something. You can be our moderator.:cool:

I have a great hard rock band for you to check out: Rival Sons. Huge Zeppelin influence. Singer sounds like Paul Rodgers. If this were 1975, they'd be headlining arenas.

I checked out Rival Sons a little bit. They kind of have a Humble Pie feel to them. Good stuff.