Monday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Monday Articles

Even though he shouldn't have posted the comments on FB, glad that student got a second chance.

What's up with the BS expulsion for the Facebook comments? Is that how SU normally does business. And how did they know so fast that he wrote that on Facebook? Do they have NSA personnel on the payroll? ;)

What's up with the BS expulsion for the Facebook comments? Is that how SU normally does business. And how did they know so fast that he wrote that on Facebook? Do they have NSA personnel on the payroll? ;)
We better get this whole thread into a cloaking channel lest we be banned from all future university related functions.

Is anybody seriously offended by what he posted on Facebook?

That is asinine if what he is saying is true. Unbelievable. Shame on SU if this true. Poor guy.

In regard to the student expulsion:

The movement of the progressive societies has hitherto been a movement from status to contract. HENRY MAINE

I'll interprete for the liberals. Freedom means individuals interacting without unnecessary constraint (individual freedom of contract). Tyranny means predetermined status based on category assignment (freedom of contract is preordained by group membership).

If I were SU, I would have at least gone to the Syracuse School District and asked about the comments made by the teacher/administrator. They are sending SU students into these "opportunities" the district has and should be concerned about how THEIR students are received and treated.