Moore and Daoust Set to Continue to Build Orange Football | Syracusefan.com

Moore and Daoust Set to Continue to Build Orange Football

I've been saying this for a while. Morrison was conspicuous by his absence. Also note there was a tweet from Tomba Kose on the 14th saying only Daoust and Moore were left by Marrone.

Edited to add the tweet:

Tombe Kose@kingKose34
HCDM takes everyone with him to Buffalo, Only assistants left behind are Daoust/Moore. #CuseNation, Stand behind remaining staff/players!!!!

If Arians gets the Cardinals HC job, maybe Morrison ends up there as LB coach?

I've been saying this for a while. Morrison was conspicuous by his absence. Also note there was a tweet from Tomba Kose about a week ago saying only Daoust and Moore were left by Marrone. Can't seem to find it now, but it was there.

I saw it too and he was obviously correct.

Morrison probably expected to do no worse then being the defensive coordinator when this started. Once he did not get named to that position, I expected him to bail. Senior coach (compared to the others now) not wanting to work for a boss who has the job that he probably thought should have been his. No real surprise.

Morrison probably expected to do no worse then being the defensive coordinator when this started. Once he did not get named to that position, I expected him to bail. Senior coach (compared to the others now) not wanting to work for a boss who has the job that he probably thought should have been his. No real surprise.

A reasonable conclusion. Nevertheless, the suggestion was considered absurd when I made it since Morrison was "a Shafer guy."

The SU Athletics site has been updated removing all the defectors. Morrison is still listed:

http://suathletics.syr.edu/coaches.aspx?roster=307&path=football

This might simply mean that his contract is still in effect but he won't be staying.

Anselmo is also still listed.

Interesting. Just a few minutes ago I checked that and everyone was still on it!

I'm guessing the Anselmo dart to Buffalo was a blindsided event as he is the only defector still on there.

Interesting. Just a few minutes ago I checked that and everyone was still on it!

I'm guessing the Anselmo dart to Buffalo was a blindsided event as he is the only defector still on there.
Has it been verified?

A reasonable conclusion. Nevertheless, the suggestion was considered absurd when I made it since Morrison was "a Shafer guy."
Well if it makes you feel any better, I agree with you!!

I suggested that DM was having problems hiring NFL qualified coaches and got some hammering. Today the Buffalo press is talking about the complete lack of NFL experience among his staff. Nature of the boards.

why have a press release with only partial info. maybe they only know the two who are staying and the rest is still up in the air.

Ive seen many mentions of it.

But this one tops it for me.

Omari Palmer@O_Cuse57
@NYPost_Brazille: Best of luck to John Anselmo in Buffalo, a class act. One of my favorites to deal with in recruiting. #su
Yep...doesn't look good.

DM must be having a hell of a time finding people with NFL experience interested in jumping aboard his mystery ship.

I really liked Anselmo and the appreciate all the doors he opened in NYC for SU. It seemed like a very nice fit for all parties. Anselmo in Buffalo...don't so much.

why have a press release with only partial info. maybe they only know the two who are staying and the rest is still up in the air.

Yep, the fact that SU Athletics put that out tells you all you need to know. Only 2 existing staff members (excluding Shafer) will be back.

Not to worry, he's still there. As are Adkins, Anselmo, Wheatley, & Henderson:

http://suathletics.com/coaches.aspx?roster=307&path=football

Of course it took the site about half a week after the announcement to remove DM.

{EDIT: As noted below, the site was updated two minutes after I made this post - didn't realize I was so influential}

Not as bad as my company. We still have a picture of our prior CAO on our internal websites. He retired in November.

Contrast the current situation w/ Gross quote when Shafer was named that he expected most of the staff to be back. he clearly din't see this coming.

Great news! Too bad about losing Morrison, do we know where he went yet?