Moose must get himself ready for "next season ths off season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Moose must get himself ready for "next season ths off season

Terrible analysis. Completely different players; DC has been on the circuit for awhile and is a much more skilled and advanced basketball player. Fab is obviously taller and a better defensive player.

DC2 is more the AO/Otis Hill type with a higher ceiling.
I don't think tat DC is going to be a defensive kind of playerbut he might have some rebounding ability that is always a good thing. If we had Jackson this year we might be a top team:p

Terrible analysis. Completely different players; DC has been on the circuit for awhile and is a much more skilled and advanced basketball player. Fab is obviously taller and a better defensive player.

DC2 is more the AO/Otis Hill type with a higher ceiling.
DC2 has played more AAU ball then Fab but is not more skilled now than Fab was as a freshmen nor is he in the kind of shape to play more than a few minutes at a time at best. DC2 is not ready for the speed of the game.

DC2 has played more AAU ball then Fab but is not more skilled now than Fab was as a freshmen nor is he in the kind of shape to play more than a few minutes at a time at best. DC2 is not ready for the speed of the game.
No. He's so much more advanced offensively than Fab was as a frosh that it's not even worth talking about. No argument that he needs to work on his conditioning, but he'll play early and often.

If you don't prepare the upcoming season in the off-season, when do you "prepare"?

No. He's so much more advanced offensively than Fab was as a frosh that it's not even worth talking about. No argument that he needs to work on his conditioning, but he'll play early and often.

By the way Otis redshirted his freshman year, AO played 8min per game and averaged 2.8 boards and 2pts. Big guys don't play against like competition in HS they can basically turn and shoot over 90% of the guys they play so it always takes them year or two to develop in college.

By the way Otis redshirted his freshman year, AO played 8min per game and averaged 2.8 boards and 2pts. Big guys don't play against like competition in HS they can basically turn and shoot over 90% of the guys they play so it always takes them year or two to develop in college.
And despite all that he will still be much more advanced than Fab was coming in. I'm not pumping DC2 up mind you, I would much rather have Fab anchoring the zone next year, but odds are he's gonzo.

And despite all that he will still be much more advanced than Fab was coming in. I'm not pumping DC2 up mind you, I would much rather have Fab anchoring the zone next year, but odds are he's gonzo.
Fab in HS

If you don't think that DC is/will be more advanced offensively that Fab coming out of high school then you should quit watching basketball. You can post all the youtube clips you want, doesn't change anything.

And the majority of those kids were 6' and under.

If you don't think that DC is/will be more advanced offensively that Fab coming out of high school then you should quit watching basketball. You can post all the youtube clips you want, doesn't change anything.

Clearly you don't even understand why I posted the video! It was to show his footwork in HS which was better then than DC2's is now. Maybe you should start watching basketball, or maybe I'm just wasting my time enjoy the game. Go Orange!

Clearly you don't even understand why I posted the video! It was to show his footwork in HS which was better then than DC2's is now. Maybe you should start watching basketball, or maybe I'm just wasting my time enjoy the game. Go Orange!
lol ok buddy. I can't emphasize how much more advanced DC2 is offensively than Fab was. It's so not close that it's actually amazing you see otherwise. Fab had no clue how to play last year--none. Kudos to him for working hard and figuring some things out but that wasn't the case last year. And again, just in case you missed it I hope that Fab is our starting C next year.

lol ok buddy. I can't emphasize how much more advanced DC2 is offensively than Fab was. It's so not close that it's actually amazing you see otherwise. Fab had no clue how to play last year--none. Kudos to him for working hard and figuring some things out but that wasn't the case last year. And again, just in case you missed it I hope that Fab is our starting C next year.
I think we maybe talking about different things. DC2 is more experienced then Melo was because he has been playing long etc., but advanced or skilled as a big men is a different conversation. Melo was introduced to the game working on his skill set; footwork, post move etc. and therefore was far more advanced in that regard.

I think we maybe talking about different things. DC2 is more experienced then Melo was because he has been playing long etc., but advanced or skilled as a big men is a different conversation. Melo was introduced to the game working on his skill set; footwork, post move etc. and therefore was far more advanced in that regard.
Agree to disagree. DC2 is more skilled on the blocks now than Fab would probably ever be here. Doesn't make him a better overall player and certainly not a better NBA prospect, but in regards to scoring the basketball he's just better.

Fab does have good footwork and a solid skill set in regards to his shooting form etc... but when he tries to make a back to the basket move it's almost always awkward looking. If you're saying that Fab is probably a better dancer, I would agree.

Agree to disagree. DC2 is more skilled on the blocks now than Fab would probably ever be here. Doesn't make him a better overall player and certainly not a better NBA prospect, but in regards to scoring the basketball he's just better.

Fab does have good footwork and a solid skill set in regards to his shooting form etc... but when he tries to make a back to the basket move it's almost always awkward looking. If you're saying that Fab is probably a better dancer, I would agree.

I'm concerned that DC2's post moves won't translate to the college very well. I hope I'm wrong because he doesn't have a plan B right now.

Fab could come back.

1. I don't belive the team will look to Triche, Fair and Soutehrland or freshmen coleman to be team leaders. Fab could be that guy.
2. Fabs scoring has been more hustle and mismatch not skill. That won't be found as easy in the nba.
3. With another year of better defense and some post moves Fab could be a top 5 pick.

I know teams are looking for big men but I don't see it out of the realm of possibility.

If our two C's next year are Coleman and Keita, Coleman starts. If we have Noel/Fab next year, they'll start over Coleman.

If you don't prepare the upcoming season in the off-season, when do you "prepare"?
The answer I've seen too often is never. I think that some players could have worked a lot harder in the Sand C department.

If our two C's next year are Coleman and Keita, Coleman starts. If we have Noel/Fab next year, they'll start over Coleman.
Coleman should start as a very strong PF. If we have Fab or Noel as well we are FF material again. I'm excited about Cooney offering his ability along with hopefully a more mature Rakeem and Williams CJ could be a pre-season AA and most likely a beast for us. He is going off the charts next year.Once he feels real confidence in his shot anywhere on the court its going to be SHOWTIME!SUball

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom