Moratorium on attendance threads... | Syracusefan.com

Moratorium on attendance threads...

Agreed. Enough bitching about attendance. Until this team stops sucking, they don't deserve more than 35,000.

Turnout looked halfway decent today... And those fans were treated to a truly horrible football game.

When you have a tiny core fanbase you can't put on that kind of show and expect folks to come back.

Agreed. Anyone who makes a post beetching about attendance should be tied to a chair and made to watch a tape of this game in an endless loop for 5 days.

This is exhibit #1 why we have an attendance problem.

Agreed. Anyone who makes a post beetching about attendance should be tied to a chair and made to watch a tape of this game in an endless loop for 5 days.

This is exhibit #1 why we have an attendance problem.

Nonsense, plenty of teams don't close out and the fans come out the following week.

SU has 20,000 local (and regional) regulars along with 2,000 students that wake up on Saturday.

They have another 20,000 fairweather fans within 100 miles of the Dome. Games like this don't get those fans to switch to regular status.

I gave the OttoinGrotto stamp of approval to so many of the comments here.

Nonsense, plenty of teams don't close out and the fans come out the following week.

It's not "exhibit #1" but it's not helping.

State schools that have large fanbases can play like crap and get folks back week after week. We don't have either. We gotta put a better product on the field, especially at home. Gotta.

And I didn't see almost anyone leave early. Or not enough people where you would complain about it.

Turnout looked halfway decent today... And those fans were treated to a truly horrible football game.

When you have a tiny core fanbase you can't put on that kind of show and expect folks to come back.
It pains me to agree with this.

I really think that Rutgers D played a part in how bad we looked at times. They had decent speed on d and made some good plays.

c'mon. "Close out"?

not closing out is hardly the problem

you call it not closing out, i call it continuing to have unf'ingbearable boring awful offense

Thomas doesn't muff that INT and it's ballgame. Nevermind Krautman's day from hell. Any one of those things go as they should and you can forget the 2 turnovers in the red zone.

Thomas doesn't muff that INT and it's ballgame. Nevermind Krautman's day from hell. Any one of those things go as they should and you can forget the 2 turnovers in the red zone.
just because you can win a game 2-0 doesn't mean the offense doesn't suck. under 300 yards. that should never happen and it happens all the time

just because you can win a game 2-0 doesn't mean the offense doesn't suck. under 300 yards. that should never happen and it happens all the time

In total agreement. For posters on this board who have stuck with the team for the near decade-and-a-half since McNabb left, one loss that should be a win isn't going to mean much of anything in the long-run. It's what the coaches gave us a glimpse of yesterday that should anger every Syracuse fan to the core. With a half-way decent crowd (that the university begged to come), against a recent rival, and in a very important conference game, the Marrone offense did the scariest thing I could have ever imagined... he somehow morphed his offensive plan into a hybrid of Pasqualoni's conservative, beat your head against a large rock philosophy, with Robinson's absolutely no clue what is going on personality.

We dropped 2 touchdown passes. Granted one was on defense but still, do what you're supposed to and it's a nice number on the scoreboard.

I hated that lollipop screen but otherwise eh, our guys didn't do what they were put in a position to do.

End of the day, Marrone is more a Beamerball guy than a Great Show on Turf guy. We should've won by 3 scores yesterday.

Speaking strictly about SU attendance... Beamerball is fine if we're winning 9 games a year and seriously competing for conference (or division) titles. If it means grinding and clawing to 6 wins annually, then attendance is going to remain what it is.

We dropped 2 touchdown passes. Granted one was on defense but still, do what you're supposed to and it's a nice number on the scoreboard.

I hated that lollipop screen but otherwise eh, our guys didn't do what they were put in a position to do.

End of the day, Marrone is more a Beamerball guy than a Great Show on Turf guy. We should've won by 3 scores yesterday.
Beamerball??? the only thing they have in common with beamerball is that their offenses usually aren't good. great special teams? nope. qbs who run?

i agree we should've won by 3 scores yesterday. but you need to get to 21 to do that. we're just about a td short in the marron era at home against real teams

Beamerball??? the only thing they have in common with beamerball is that their offenses usually aren't good. great special teams? nope. qbs who run?

i agree we should've won by 3 scores yesterday. but you need to get to 21 to do that. we're just about a td short in the marron era at home against real teams

Defense. They get a load of turnovers and keep scores down. We clearly did all of that (or should've) on defense yesterday.

Speaking strictly about SU attendance... Beamerball is fine if we're winning 9 games a year and seriously competing for conference (or division) titles. If it means grinding and clawing to 6 wins annually, then attendance is going to remain what it is.

Redo the price structure in the dome to make it more normal.

We'll see what happens when Gross has to bang the drum for Clemson, VT, etc...

Redo the price structure in the dome to make it more normal.

We'll see what happens when Gross has to bang the drum for Clemson, VT, etc...

Pricing and better opponents may help, but we desperately need to put a more entertaining product on the field.

If we're winnging 3 ACC games a year while scoring 17 PPG the sea of silver will remain, unfortunately.

Pricing and better opponents may help, but we desperately need to put a more entertaining product on the field.

If we're winnging 3 ACC games a year while scoring 17 PPG the sea of silver will remain, unfortunately.

We'll see what happens.

What Marrone has done in three years is basically put the team in position to win. They came about 2 plays away (UL and anyone catching a Paulus pass againy Minny) from 6-6 in his first season.

Reality is we won't have blow the doors off talent in the ACC. We clearly don't have it now either. It's gonna be a lot more of this, winning close and probably ugly. Which doesn't bother me.

there is a portion of the board that thinks that we have bad fans for not enjoying the 13-1o big east dome victories the last couple seasons, as if there have been any of them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom