More butthurt from the Boneyard crew | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

More butthurt from the Boneyard crew

In my day, we engaged our opponents in contests of wit and creativity, perhaps a fight song challenge, or, if things got really out of hand, a goldfish swallowing contest. But at the end of the day, both sides would shake hands and gather together for rum toddies and warm fellowship

Jim Calhoun, although I know him well, has nothing to do with it. And Jim Boeheim, I can personally assure you, would be mortified by this display.

In all seriousness, it's all in good fun. SU fans hate Uconn, Uconn fans hate SU. And such is life.

In all seriousness, it's all in good fun. SU fans hate Uconn, Uconn fans hate SU. And such is life.
Exactly...It's the exact same way they feel about us.

Even if Hop flames out Syracuse is one of the premiere programs in the nation and will largely have it's pick of the nation's top coaches - hands down.

Syracuse is long on history, tradition, appeals nationally, largest on campus facility with the best fans, state of the art practice facility, the ACC and wads of basketball money. Hiring a Tom Crean, a John Beilein, a Billy Donovan or "insert name here" ain't going to be problem.

bottom line, I am happy to be a Syracuse fan rather than a UCONN fan... They have been so inconsistent these past five years. Syracuse is the definition is consistent. One of the most consistent programs out there. 20 win seasons is a FACT here. FACT. Haven't lost a big east game at full strength in over a year and half. Haven't the cuse beatenUCONN 3 out of the last 4? 4 out of 5 hopefully after tonight! CUSE

Hatred it a state of mind spawned, in most cases, by fear or envy. Neither of these apply to my feelings for UConn, so I cannot endorse your theory. I look forward to our games with UConn because they have recently been a high-calibar opponent, but I can never fear a program whose dominance doesn't extend back to the previous mid-century, or that doesn't even have a proper lacrosse team. Learn your Syracuse history, my friend. It will take you far.

Considering the mess the university is in regarding conference affiliation it is no surprise they are bitter and upset.
No excuse. Cincy is in the same position and they are not lashing out at Louisville because they got invited and Cincy didn't. I guess Cincy fans just have a little more patience and perhaps class than UCan't fans.

bottom line, I am happy to be a Syracuse fan rather than a UCONN fan... They have been so inconsistent these past five years. Syracuse is the definition is consistent. One of the most consistent programs out there. 20 win seasons is a FACT here. FACT. Haven't lost a big east game at full strength in over a year and half. Haven't the cuse beatenUCONN 3 out of the last 4? 4 out of 5 hopefully after tonight! CUSE
6 of the last 7

Hatred it a state of mind spawned, in most cases, by fear or envy. Neither of these apply to my feelings for UConn, so I cannot endorse your theory. I look forward to our games with UConn because they have recently been a high-calibar opponent, but I can never fear a program whose dominance doesn't extend back to the previous mid-century, or that doesn't even have a proper lacrosse team. Learn your Syracuse history, my friend. It will take you far.
Do you really have a pic of bernie fine?

Typical "little brother" syndrome. Wait until it becomes obvious to them that top 50 basketball recruits want to play in the power 5 conferences and won't go near the Big Mess Leftover Conference.

Somehow this immediately inspired a new name for that conference: the Big Loaf.

I applaud your support for Bernie . . . Bernie?

the best part is how he claims you don't have to be in a power conference to win a title, and as evidence cites a bunch of teams that have never won a title!

(true, Butler and Memphis came close, but if they are going to call their close calls good enough, then Syracuse will be marching into the XL Center with 2 natties of our own)

I think my favorite part is how you phrase everything as if to appear just oh so intelligent, yet you still misspell the word caliber. Kind of torpedoes your efforts to appear smarter than you actually are.

I think my favorite part is how you phrase everything as if to appear just oh so intelligent, yet you still misspell the word caliber. Kind of torpedoes your efforts to appear smarter than you actually are.
jekelish, you ingrate. He comes here to enlighten you and the other riff raff, which yes does include me, and you nit pick on his spelling. I wonder if he knows john syracuse?

Okay Buddha.

One more thing- .

And in response to your apparently continuous monitoring of their board, you’ve probably posted five derogatory posts about UConn for every one that they've posted in total. Who is obsessed, I wonder? Perhaps irony is not your strong point, but I find it painful by proxy to see a fellow Syracuse fan act in such an indecorous manner. We should be above such hijinks and low class tactics, but every third thread on this board seems to include “UConn” and a curse word. Disgusted doesn’t begin to capture my thoughts on this display. I’ll wager that my dislike for UConn as a rival eclipses that of every man, woman and child here, but I choose to express it through competition, high-minded debate, and good-natured ribbing IN PERSON, never hiding behind a keyboard. It’s always ten times easier to ruin a good name than to mend it, but I encourage you to take my advice, and perhaps you’ll be on your way.

All due respect, but...
images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom