More coming? | Syracusefan.com

More coming?

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS

If what I was told tonight about the details of the new allegation in Sandusky child sex case is true, it will horrify the public.
20 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»
162015_181842358517996_3449720_n_normal.jpg

I can confirm there will soon be new, major allegation involving child sex abuse in Sandusky case. Told tonite it could come before Saturday
23 minutes ago Favorit

If what I was told tonight about the details of the new allegation in Sandusky child sex case is true, it will horrify the public.
20 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»
162015_181842358517996_3449720_n_normal.jpg

I can confirm there will soon be new, major allegation involving child sex abuse in Sandusky case. Told tonite it could come before Saturday
23 minutes ago Favorit

Must be what the BOT was privy too. BTW their starting to go nuts on that campus, riot type stuff, lights down, cars over turned, windows broken.

I'm going to guess the new info will be about 2nd Mile

Just tweeted:

tywalkerticket Ty Walker

Penn State University Radio reporting rumor that senior players will refuse to play Saturday in protest of Paterno's firing...

Just tweeted:

tywalkerticket Ty Walker

Penn State University Radio reporting rumor that senior players will refuse to play Saturday in protest of Paterno's firing...
Not an allegation as stated above (think bees may be on to something). But good for those players if true - stand up and do the honorable thing like your coach taught you to do but didn't act out himself (in this instance).

Just tweeted: Penn State University Radio reporting rumor that senior players will refuse to play Saturday in protest of Paterno's firing...

That will make for an entertaining senior day. Seriously, these students and football players running riot in State College aren't grasping how much worse they are making the situation.

Not an allegation as stated above (think bees may be on to something). But good for those players if true - stand up and do the honorable thing like your coach taught you to do but didn't act out himself (in this instance).

Not smart career choice. They'll regret it once they have children some day. "we're behind ya coach! Ya pedophile cover upperer"

It has to be from 2nd Mile. By the way -- Sandusky is not allowed to be around his own grandchildren alone by law. Your actions hurt more than just the victim. His family life, his kids, grandkids, will no longer know what it feels to have a trustworthy father, grandfather, anything. his family life is ruined, as well.

On second thought...being an adoptive father, who knows what his relationship was with those children.

This guy was released on bail. Is he a flight risk?

Flight risk? If I were the authorities, I'd have Sandusky on suicide watch. He is a prime candidate to take the easy way out. Prison is not a place he wants to be.

Not smart career choice. They'll regret it once they have children some day. "we're behind ya coach! Ya pedophile cover upperer"
I was saying they shouldn't play.

Joe preached being honorable but didn't do it (case of do as I say not as I do). The players would be doing the right thing in my opinion by but coming out the tunnel

Edit - I get what you are saying. My point was that by not playing they would be honoring the victims, not the cover up. Posted earlier how I couldn't imaging being a player and even seeing that shower in the locker room - I would have already taken off the jersey.

Do these people GET IT?

Children were ABUSED by this entire PROGRAM, for YEARS !!!!

This should have been nipped in the 90's, for GOD'S SAKE !!!

They are concerned about a F%$^#&@ Football team right now?!

DEATH PENALTY for PENN STATE FOOTBALL Effective IMMEDIATELY !!!

I don't think any university has had to make so many pressurized decisions in such a short amount of time. Trustees did the right (and only) thing they could by moving up that Friday meeting and taking the action now.

You can't let this fester, you have to remove the tumor ASAP. Shocked that McQueary's still there, but today's another day.

Paterno and these students are in a state of denial, but it looks like the BOT knows that they have to act swiftly.

Before I let the Trustees off the hook, however, Penn State is one of those weird public/private institutions that carts away millions upon millions of state dollars every year while keeping Board minutes off-limits to the public.

I, for one, would like to know whether this issue had ever surfaced before the Board, say, in 2002. I would like to know if that had anything to do with Spanier and the Board approaching Paterno in 2004 about retirement. Because if they sat on any part of this story, they're just as culpable as the people they fired today.

It has to be from 2nd Mile. By the way -- Sandusky is not allowed to be around his own grandchildren alone by law. Your actions hurt more than just the victim. His family life, his kids, grandkids, will no longer know what it feels to have a trustworthy father, grandfather, anything.

I have a friend who knows one of the family members. I'm getting second-hand info but your statement above appears to be 100% correct, and was well before this past week. The emotional toll shows up in many ways. Family members have been carrying it around for years. Let's just say it explains a lot.

Yeah, that's my thought as well. Ten years from now you're going to have to tell someone you sat out your Senior day because you were upset, very upset, but the firing of a bunch of people involved in covering for pedophiles.

The worse this story gets the dumber they're going to feel down the road.

Do these people GET IT?

Children were ABUSED by this entire PROGRAM, for YEARS !!!!

This should have been nipped in the 90's, for GOD'S SAKE !!!

They are concerned about a F%$^#&@ Football team right now?!

DEATH PENALTY for PENN STATE FOOTBALL Effective IMMEDIATELY !!!

When I first read this I thought it was a huge overreaction but the more I think about it the more I think you're right. The priority for this program was football above all else including human rights and decency. If you don't put the ban hammer on a program for something like this then when do you use it? It would give the program time to readjust its priorities and commitments without the pressure of producing a great football team every year. Makes a lot of sense.