More good news for rutgers | Syracusefan.com

More good news for rutgers

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
The rumor of the day is now that Texas will likely end up in the PAC12. If that happened, it would take 1 more team off the table that was ahead of rutgers in the ACC and B10 pecking order as SU and Pitt were. But this is even better for them.

I'd rather see Uconn and Lville or Kansas. Screw them.

*IF* that's the case then it make sense why the ACC acted now. If the Texases and Oklahomas go west, then of course the B12 is dead. And the SEC and Big 10 might get moving to 16 themselves to keep up with the Pacific Joneses. The ACC is simply going to lose if teams on the open market (meaning remaining B12, Big East and major leftovers) have access to all 3.

Makes me think the ACC learned from the 2003 debacle. Back then Duke and UNC were principled votes against expansion, and it was that which made VaTech getting in possible (and keeping out SU). I think they realize now that if expansion is inevitable better to lock in your preferred schools, in terms of academic, cultural and geographic fit.

With Rutgirls & UConn to the ACC is a virtual lock on the East Coast for fans, TV, recruits - I see an ACC network in the making. Why people don't get this is beyond me.

With Rutgirls & UConn to the ACC is a virtual lock on the East Coast for fans, TV, recruits - I see an ACC network in the making. Why people don't get this is beyond me.
Except you have to figure that ND is in the back room conversations and they also help lock up the east coast, probably more so than UConn and Rutgers.

Except you have to figure that ND is in the back room conversations and they also help lock up the east coast, probably more so than UConn and Rutgers.

At the end of the day, I don't think ND goes to the ACC - thus giving up their annual clashes with Michigan, Mich St., and Purdue.

If they must join a conference, it's gonna be the one that allows them to keep those games.

Scooch:

your 2nd paragraph accurately describes the process dook and UNC went through...

nostalgia had us gazing at the past when we should have been looking to the future...

our blindness may have kept you out then, but let me say welcome today...

*IF* that's the case then it make sense why the ACC acted now. If the Texases and Oklahomas go west, then of course the B12 is dead. And the SEC and Big 10 might get moving to 16 themselves to keep up with the Pacific Joneses. The ACC is simply going to lose if teams on the open market (meaning remaining B12, Big East and major leftovers) have access to all 3.

Makes me think the ACC learned from the 2003 debacle. Back then Duke and UNC were principled votes against expansion, and it was that which made VaTech getting in possible (and keeping out SU). I think they realize now that if expansion is inevitable better to lock in your preferred schools, in terms of academic, cultural and geographic fit.

That would imply that only the ACC had knowledge of Texas' intentions but no one else. What was stopping the B1G from making a counter-offer if it wanted SU or Pitt? SU and Pitt took the ACC offer either because they prefer the ACC to the B1G or because they knew (or at least believed strongly) that no B1G offer was coming.

At the end of the day, I don't think ND goes to the ACC - thus giving up their annual clashes with Michigan, Mich St., and Purdue.

If they must join a conference, it's gonna be the one that allows them to keep those games.
Screw Notre Dame. If they join the "Rust Belt" conference, it's a step toward national obscurity. Bear with me. They have not performed well on the football field. Their prestige is waning despite good recruiting. Being out of the major markets is not to their benefit. I say let em' go to the Big 10 and become an Ohio State doormat. I'm for UConn and Rutgers, in addition to the security of a closed market.

That would imply that only the ACC had knowledge of Texas' intentions but no one else. What was stopping the B1G from making a counter-offer if it wanted SU or Pitt? SU and Pitt took the ACC offer either because they prefer the ACC to the B1G or because they knew (or at least believed strongly) that no B1G offer was coming.

The B1G could only make a counter offer if they knew what was going on though right? This seems like it was kept pretty hush hush. ACC propositions SU and Pitt, both schools take the bird in hand. Doesn't mean the B1G wouldn't have offered at some point had both schools been available. Though, in my opinion Pitt was never going to get a B1G offer.

I just want SU away from Rutgers and UConn and we have done that now. Please don't tell me RU and UConn are 15 and 16 that would take a little away from my excitement.

I don't want Rutgers or Uconn either. Let them go to the Big Ten if they want. Tired of playing them.

I don't want Rutgers or Uconn either. Let them go to the Big Ten if they want. Tired of playing them.

Are you also tired of NY/NJ recruits going to the Big10 en masse?

Because if you're not now, you will be after Rutgers and UCONN move to that conference.

The best possible scenario for Cuse's football recruiting in NYC, Long Island, and, NJ (especially NJ) is if Rutgers and UCONN come to the ACC.

EDIT: An ACC move by UCONN & Rutgers would also all but guarantee an ACC Networ - meaning more and more exposure and exponentially more opportunities to watch your favorite team in Orange play on TV. (translation - less ESPN3 and less NO TV at all)

ND & UConn. Then we plunder NJ.

This. Thisthisthisthisthis. Please. Fingers crossed. Of course, I'm happy with whoever joins as long as it isn't Rutgers.