More Good News | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

More Good News

Not a jab, just stating a fact. I was at both the games you mentioned, and the atmosphere for those games did not compare to the Butler game. If I were a recruit who was considering a school to attend, the Butler game with 5,000 plus people would have been far more impressive from an atmosphere stand point then any of the recent record dome attendance games.

I'll respectfully argue this. Though it's a great display of the pride and dedication of the Syracuse fan base, I think from a recruits stand point...

An atmosphere with 35,000 +, College game day, a sea of orange/blue (it'll work :) ) NBA connected alumni, cameras and all the craziness that surrounds College game day atmospheres would be more attractive.

From a college basketball fan's standpoint...the Butler game is much more fun.

Otherwise recruits would give schools like St. Bonaventure (a top 10 student section/game atmosphere believe it or not) school more looks.

If this thread were 1980s pro wrestling half of the people would be rooting for the son of a plumber "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes and the other half would be rooting for the jet flying, limousine riding, kiss stealing, wheeling dealing son of a gun "Nature Boy" Ric Flair.

BOOM I just won this thread! ;)

I'll respectfully argue this. Though it's a great display of the pride and dedication of the Syracuse fan base, I think from a recruits stand point...

An atmosphere with 35,000 +, College game day, a sea of orange/blue (it'll work :) ) NBA connected alumni, cameras and all the craziness that surrounds College game day atmospheres would be more attractive.

From a college basketball fan's standpoint...the Butler game is much more fun.

Otherwise recruits would give schools like St. Bonaventure (a top 10 student section/game atmosphere believe it or not) school more looks.

Not interested in arguing. Just my opinion.

Do we really have a clear idea why the floor should be in the middle of the Dome?
Other than the fact we have two great coaches, who are also friends, what's the big deal? Is Duke really that much more important than any other team that has been in the Dome?
Do you really believe we could get 50,000 fans to come to the game? If so, how many for the event and how many to cheer for the team?
My personal opinion is a packed Dome with the present seating would be plenty of atmosphere. It's special just to be in the Dome when it's full of fans ready to scream their lungs out for the Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom