More Good News | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

More Good News

Is it safe to assume that anyone complaining about the view, if the court was to be moved, would never, ever attend a football game, since the action isn't 5 ft away from them? Ppl manage to sit in the endzone, all game during a fb game, and suffer through the agony that the action is on the opp side of the field... even ppl that pay a lot into "a program". They're talking about moving the field, under the same roof that houses a fb game... not 2 miles away

This wouldn't be about the extra seats to please the terrible, bandwagon, selfish for not paying into the program, fans... as it would be for the buzz it "could" generate... ppl don't see that?

If Syracuse truly only had 28-35,000 devoted "good" fans...it's be a sad sad program.

Is it safe to assume that anyone complaining about the view, if the court was to be moved, would never, ever attend a football game, since the action isn't 5 ft away from them? Ppl manage to sit in the endzone, all game during a fb game, and suffer through the agony that the action is on the opp side of the field... even ppl that pay a lot into "a program". They're talking about moving the field, under the same roof that houses a fb game... not 2 miles away

This wouldn't be about the extra seats to please the terrible, bandwagon, selfish for not paying into the program, fans... as it would be for the buzz it "could" generate... ppl don't see that?

If you buy a ticket in the endzone for a football game, you have an expectation of watching the game from the endzone.

If you're a season ticket holder in Sec 311 Row C, you have an expectation of being able to look down and see the basketball court.

If the court gets moved to the 50 yard line, there simply isn't an equivalent seat that can be offered to you. Getting moved to Sec 302 Row C won't cut it. Not nearly the same view.

And I'm pretty sure that an SU vs Duke game wouldn't have any problem at all generating "buzz" even without the publicity stunt.

I'm fine with taking all the "crappy" view season ticket holders seats if this event goes down... I love the idea of a huge one time experience giving this thing a run. A part of me wonders if the season ticket holders who are complaining about this possibility are the same ones who yell at people to sit down at games because their "view" may be compromised. It makes our fans look like a bunch of old folks who sit on their behinds the entire game on TV. I always thought attending a game like this was for the experience, if your top priority viewing comfort, the couch and TV does the trick. I say all that currently living in Ohio, so I probably won't be at the game, unless I get someone to hand over that previously mentioned crappy season ticket ;)

A part of me wonders if the season ticket holders who are complaining about this possibility are the same ones who yell at people to sit down at games because their "view" may be compromised. It makes our fans look like a bunch of old folks who sit on their behinds the entire game on TV.

Keep wondering. Some of you are really reaching.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Keep wondering. Some of you are really reaching.

I am one of those that think changing the basketball to mid field is stupid. Having said that you could increase seating to approx. 40000 or more by merely rotating the court 90 degrees on the current spot location. This would push back the movable end bleachers by about 20 yards, thus making all the 300 level seats at the opposite end have sight lines to the court(although long distance). It would also open up at least one section on each sideline(100, and 200 levels) for additional seating that would be pretty good seats. Although it would make current season tickets slightly worse, I for one could live with this for a one game event.

I have work, school, my family and various personal things to worry about. Sometimes even the most devoted Syracuse fans can't morally or realistically expect to attend more than 2 or 3 games a year due to certain circumstances.

Guess what,,,, Many people who live much further from Syracuse than Buffalo (e.g., NYC, southern CT, Florida, Philadelphia) have season tickets. Many of them (including me) use those tickets three or four games a year. But they are always used ... because we give them to other fans when we cannot use them. Court side seats cost $10,000 per seat per year (plus the cost of the actual ticket and plus preferred parking). Multiply that by approximately 350 such seats, and you can see the degree to which these ticket-holders support the program. My math says $3.5 million. You'd have to sell 100,000 $35 seats to match that. Yes, I am very blessed to be able to afford such seats ... but I also worked harder for 40 years than you probably ever will... to be able to afford them. And I never whined about it. Some folks on this board should stop seeing season ticket holders as the enemy. We disproportionately support the program you say you love.

Guess what,,,, Many people who live much further from Syracuse than Buffalo (e.g., NYC, southern CT, Florida, Philadelphia) have season tickets. Many of them (including me) use those tickets three or four games a year. But they are always used ... because we give them to other fans when we cannot use them. Court side seats cost $10,000 per seat per year (plus the cost of the actual ticket and plus preferred parking). Multiply that by approximately 350 such seats, and you can see the degree to which these ticket-holders support the program. My math says $3.5 million. You'd have to sell 100,000 $35 seats to match that. Yes, I am very blessed to be able to afford such seats ... but I also worked harder for 40 years than you probably ever will... to be able to afford them. And I never whined about it. Some folks on this board should stop seeing season ticket holders as the enemy. We disproportionately support the program you say you love.

I don't understand this. Why would there not be courtside seats if the court was moved? In fact, those are the only seats that wouldn't change at all.

Also - I know you support the program to a high degree but the "work harder than you ever will" wow, that is some rarefied air in the arrogance and elitist category.

What if they get 47,000 with visible expanses of empty seats?

Because that's a real possibility. Maybe even a likelihood.

It would look fine at that number.

I don't understand this. Why would there not be courtside seats if the court was moved? In fact, those are the only seats that wouldn't change at all.

Also - I know you support the program to a high degree but the "work harder than you ever will" wow, that is some rarefied air in the arrogance and elitist category.

You're entitled to your opinion of someone you don't know. I will simply say that for 40 years I had nothing but 24/7 jobs at which I worked a minimum of 60 hours a week -- seven-day-a-week general assignment reporter at an under-staffed newspaper group; press secretary/speechwriter for an ambitious NYC area congressman; head of Public Affairs at Con Edison during the 1970's (blackouts, rate protests, Three Mile Island, gas explosions, NYC bankruptcy, etc); and head of communications at GE and a direct report to Jack Welch (the human dynamo who never slept) during the 1980's and 1990's.

I don't recommend such a lifestyle for everyone (I wound up a divorced chain smoker and prime heart attack candidate), but it was what it was.

You're entitled to your opinion of someone you don't know. I will simply say that for 40 years I had 24/7 jobs at which I worked a minimum of 60 hours a week -- seven-day-a-week general assignment reporter at an under-staffed newspaper group; press secretary/speechwriter for an ambitious NYC area congressman; head of Public Affairs at Con Edison during the 1970's (blackouts, rate protests, Three Mile Island, gas explosions, NYC bankruptcy, etc); and head of communications at GE and a direct report to Jack Welch (the human dynamo who never slept) during the 1980's and 1990's. .

my work - 7 hours of syracusefan.com. half hour walking around the hall, 15 minutes checking email. 15 minutes actual work... I dont even have time for lunch!!

;)

I also worked harder for 40 years than you probably ever will
CTO, I respect you but that comment is an unnecessary emotional response that would require God-like knowledge in order to judge truthfully.

And, just throwin' it out there, my guess is it takes more than 40 years of hard work to acquire such God-like power and knowledge. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

but I also worked harder for 40 years than you probably ever will... to be able to afford them. And I never whined about it.
Sorry to pile on cto, but I sure hope we don't have any coal miners or single parents that deliver newspapers @ 3:00am to make ends meet on this board...
Hard "work" can be a very relative term...

Jim doesn't want it , and if that's the case his buddy Coach K will agree, so it isn't going to happen.

If I am a season ticket holder, which I'm not, I am against it. I paid for those seats. Those are the seats I want and paid for.

Just my thought on the topic.

Jim doesn't want it , and if that's the case his buddy Coach K will agree, so it isn't going to happen.
Not up to either of them, they are not in charge of such things, and should not be.

I also worked harder for 40 years than you probably ever will... to be able to afford them. And I never whined about it. Some folks on this board should stop seeing season ticket holders as the enemy. We disproportionately support the program you say you love.
Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. Talk about self glorification.

Note: this is directed at all the people who entering this thread with purpose of being nasty.
Jeez, and I mean this with all due respect if all your post is going to do criticize somebody. My god, I am 27 years old and completely flabbergasted at the multiple disrespectful posts we have directed at cto when you don't even know her. My parents taught me if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all. Also, if its not your fight stay out of it.

Note: this is directed at all the people who entering this thread with purpose of being nasty.
Jeez, and I mean this with all due respect if all your post is going to do criticize somebody. My god, I am 27 years old and completely flabbergasted at the multiple disrespectful posts we have directed at cto when you don't even know her. My parents taught me if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all. Also, if its not your fight stay out of it.
Dude talk about irony. I checked out this thread and the first thing I saw was somebody saying she worked harder than TrueBlue25 ever will. Does this person know TrueBlue25? Kind of rude to call someone out like that then say "It's okay, I have money, without people like me SU Basketball wouldn't exist, I'm the reason SU is successful."

Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. Talk about self glorification.

Don't forget all the posts calling season ticket holders whiners, babies, the same people who tell people to sit down, etc. All because some season ticket holders expressed their displeasure to this possibility. That's what made a lot of this thread personal.

Dude talk about irony. I checked out this thread and the first thing I saw was somebody saying she worked harder than TrueBlue25 ever will. Does this person know TrueBlue25? Kind of rude to call someone out like that then say "It's okay, I have money, without people like me SU Basketball wouldn't exist, I'm the reason SU is successful."
Its not your fight and being nasty gets you no where if he wants pick the battle its his right, but your post is a joke. I was on this board YEARS before I realized who cto was while I was in the Newhouse school as a student. She doesn't PAT herself on the back and the one time she brought up her resume you kill her for patting herself on the back. When she didn't mention anything, but bring up facts.

Also, for the record I am on Trueblue's side in this thread of being on the side of moving the court assuming season ticket holders get good seats, but I wouldn't go pick a fight and call the ONE person on this board who isn't selfish as selfish for being against the move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom