more howard please | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

more howard please

Got to wonder how Howard would change spacing for Roberson Dajuan and Lydon.

He does a good job taking his time in the lane, he has the potential to not charge like Cooney Gbinije and Malachi do as perimeter drivers.

Maybe we see more Dajuan with Howard and less lydon, although I think his drive could open up Lydons hook.

Howard is the PG next year.

Joseph is the backup.

Battle plays the 2.

Cuseguy, I actually brought the topic of next year's lineup up today at our NYC bar--I know Howard looked good, but with Chakwu coming in to start at center, there is no room for Howard to start next season. Obviously Roberson, Lydon, and Richardson need to start, and we all know Battle is a starter next season. So the only way this could work is to move Malachi back to his natural position at the 2, and then you can flank Chakwu with Roberson and Lydon. Thoughts?

OttoMets said:
Yeah, I like Joseph and still want to see more consistent time before saying this definitively, but Howard played better today than Joseph has this year (not counting exhibitions, of course). More purposeful on offense. Also, no fault of his, but Joseph's size is going to hurt him on a zone team. For the record, I think they're easing Joseph out. Disappointing; seems like a very nice kid, more relatable than many college basketball players, great guy to have on the team.
It takes a min to see Howard's potential, but it's high. I love what h creates going to the hoop. Havoc

I didn't get to see the game live, but I have to say, I like Mike on the back line with Howard up front in spots.

SWFLCUSE said:
I honestly think you could make a case that both Tyus and Frank could play either position and still be fine. I'd love to see them both at the top of the zone next season, but don't discount Mali as the starting 2g next year. My guess for next years team breakdown would be: PG: Tyus SG: Mali SF: Lydon PF: Roberson C: Chakwu The length there is insane then off the bench I think we'll see some combo of: 6th:Frank 7th: DC 8th: Moyer 9th Class of '16 recruit, best guess is Taurean Thompson who is listed at 6'9 220 and ranked in the top 100. 10th Chino Of course there are a lot of things that could change between now and we don't know anyone's intentions, but I just don't think Kaleb stays here as much as I want him to succeed. This team would be top 5 in the nation and has a fantastic mix of experience, playmakers, size and shooters. I've said it before and I'll say it again. We will win it all next year mark it down!!!!

Moyer starts next year.

Moyer starts next year.

That's fine (love the kid, follow him on Twitter), but over who? You need to give us all 5 or the math doesn't work. Are you benching Battle? Lydon? Roberson? Richardson? Or Chukwu? (gotta assume though he starts at center, no?)

nycfan said:
That's fine (love the kid, follow him on Twitter), but over who? You need to give us all 5 or the math doesn't work. Are you benching Battle? Lydon? Roberson? Richardson? Or Chukwu? (gotta assume though he starts at center, no?)

Don't know if anyone goes pro or if Coleman sticks. But it'll work itself out. Since Lydon won't start this year I also wouldn't be surprised if he's 6th man again next year. But let's assume everyone returns. Coleman, Roberson, Moyer, Mali, Battle.

rrlbees said:
Don't know if anyone goes pro or if Coleman sticks. But it'll work itself out. Since Lydon won't start this year I also wouldn't be surprised if he's 6th man again next year. But let's assume everyone returns. Coleman, Roberson, Moyer, Mali, Battle.

I don't see Moyer starting if Lydon and Richardson return, but I'm not going to call you a liar. Too much can happen between now and then.

Just finished watching the replay. Yes. More Howard.

next year's lineup will be Tyus & Mal at guard, Chuckwu and the Tylers up front.

Howard will be the 6th man off the bench in the backcourt with Moyer playing that role at F

DC2 and KJ will be gone

we'll need another body beyond Taurean

crystal_ball.jpg

I agree. But you said it best, when KJ comes in, all too often he seems invisible. He doesn't create, penetrate or make anyone else better on the floor. The little bit I've seen of Howard, he does, or at least appears to have that ability/impact to do so.

And therein lies the rub. When you're in the game, you have to contribute positively. KJ hasn't shown much development as a lead guard, but he could contribute as a scorer as he did against Wisconsin. But he seems too tentative. He's rapidly running out of time.

We now have five easier games, and it will be interesting to see how Hopkins utilizes the bench--but guys like Coleman, Howard, and KJ need to maximize their use of the allotted minutes. We need 7. Howard / KJ are duking it out for that 7th spot in the rotation. Last game, KJ played better. This game, Howard played better. These next five games will be telling.

And therein lies the rub. When you're in the game, you have to contribute positively. KJ hasn't shown much development as a lead guard, but he could contribute as a scorer as he did against Wisconsin. But he seems too tentative. He's rapidly running out of time.

We now have five easier games, and it will be interesting to see how Hopkins utilizes the bench--but guys like Coleman, Howard, and KJ need to maximize their use of the allotted minutes. We need 7. Howard / KJ are duking it out for that 7th spot in the rotation. Last game, KJ played better. This game, Howard played better. These next five games will be telling.

KJ definitely seems tentative. I'm impressed with Howard so far. He hasn't done anything unbelievable but he doesn't look intimated out there at all, which surprised me today, to be honest. after not playing much in the last few games.

KJ definitely seems tentative. I'm impressed with Howard so far. He hasn't done anything unbelievable but he doesn't look intimated out there at all, which surprised me today, to be honest. after not playing much in the last few games.
He certainly didn't look intimidated when he looked back over his shoulder at the end and told a woofing Smith-Rivera to S.T.F.U. Loved it. For that and other reasons, my optimism is high for FH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom