More irony... Trustees decide to not take down Paterno statue | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

More irony... Trustees decide to not take down Paterno statue

http://www.lions-pride.com/store/7425STATUE!COLPA/JoePa Bronze Statue Quote Banner
7425STATUE!COLPA-458799.jpg

Sickening.

If I were a PSU alumn, I would hope that 2 or 3 Trustees would lead a midnight mission to personally remove the statue (or at least oversee its removal). Whether they destroy the statue of deliver it to the family residence is another matter.

If I were a PSU alumn, I would hope that 2 or 3 Trustees would lead a midnight mission to personally remove the statue (or at least oversee its removal). Whether they destroy the statue of deliver it to the family residence is another matter.

I only know one PedSt alumnus and he wants the statue taken down and also thinks a large number of people belong in jail. He is beside himself about the whole thing. I give him credit for being a person I'd morals ams seeing what his school has done. And all the PedSt alumni and fans who do nothing but make excuses and defend the school and Paterno? I have zero respect for any of them. They deserve what the kids got.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That 3rd quote is the money shot. It's exactly what Paterno and the others thought about Sandusky's rapes. Ignore it and maybe it goes away.

PedSt needs harsh penalties to get the point.

I was about to post the same thing. This is just absurd at this point.

They may regret that decision pretty soon.

I can envision some pretty awful (read appropriate) things happening to that statue in the coming months.

They're gonna need a security guard 24/7 on that thing.

I only know one PedSt alumnus and he wants the statue taken down and also thinks a large number of people belong in jail. He is beside himself about the whole thing. I give him credit for being a person I'd morals ams seeing what his school has done. And all the PedSt alumni and fans who do nothing but make excuses and defend the school and Paterno? I have zero respect for any of them. They deserve what the kids got.

I'm married to another. She wants PSU to get the death penalty for 5 years so they can re-focus on what their mission is supposed to be. You know, education. She's long felt that football had all the power there, that JoePa was a de facto President of the University and that he really wasn't the Saint he portrayed himself as.

Sadly, JC's and Bees' examples of alumni who get it are apparently in a very small minority. The others don't get you can still support your university without putting the [insert any sport here] program on a pedestal, thinking they are above reproach.

I'm sure they have an intern monitor their wikipage ready to copy and paste at ailments notice.

That statue will not make it to opening day. No effin way. There will be protests on top of protests. It would also not surprise me if Jim Delaney doesn't get on the horn and say take that thing down or find yourself another conference.

No way does he want his conference teams to have to put up with that bullsh!t every other Saturday.
If it stays up they'll need two groups of cult members watching statues...the lion and JoePa. I nominate Orange Paint for the lion and red paint for the statue...but blue would work too.

Now this one...I don't get. Probably have to replace the entire Board if they ever hope to repair their reputation.

They are betting on time heals all wounds and soon the sports world will move onto the next scandal. Not going to be so simple with this one.

Sounds logical to me.

What I hear them saying is that they are going to wait until everyone's blood stops boiling to make a big decision like this.

I think they'll eventually move the statue somewhere else. A half-a-loaf action that gives the lynch mob and the die-hard supporters something.

If it stays up they'll need two groups of cult members watching statues...the lion and JoePa. I nominate Orange Paint for the lion and red paint for the statue...but blue would work too.

I don't want the color orange within twenty miles of that cesspool.

the B.O.T. is taking the east way out,they know that someone or group is going to rip that statue down on their behalf and B.O.T. will then save face with all the other rapists that wander in lust on that campus.

They're so inbred. Acting AD Joyner played for JoePA, his son was a walk on in the late 90s, I believe. Around 95-97, if he's the same Joyner family from the Hershey area. Reykovitz and Second Mile were intertwined with the U and the entire coaching staff. This is deep enough that everyone in Centre County probably knows someone involved at some level in the abuse or the coverups, whether they know it or not.

The American public and some of our posters have two modes. Defcon 5 and Defcon 1.

And if this isn't Defcon 1, I don't know what is. Nuke 'em.

I also like the quote about the statue standing for good Paterno not bad Paterno. Yea, that works.

That was my favorite too. In all honestly Stalin and Hitler did some pretty good things for Russia and Germany, respectively. That's honestly not even a joke. OJ did some great things for Southern Cal and Buffalo. It's just so inadequate it's hard to really put into words.

What will the statue be called in the future?
"The Great Enabler"
"The Co-conspirator"
"The Great Fraud"

The Developer of Fine, Young Men*

*-- so long as those men can play football really well.

Putting a blue ribbon on after the fact is just wrong.

Why? JoePa would have definitely worn a blue ribbon if it had protected the reputation of the program.

photo%2B1.jpg

A great suggestion by Bernie McGurk on the Imus In The Morning Show was to have the PA National Guard give the Paterno statue the "Sadam" treatment!

I also like the quote about the statue standing for good Paterno not bad Paterno. Yea, that works.

John Wayne Gacy was a fine clown...how about a statue of him as a clown?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Unless the Big Ten and/or the NCAA steps in with hammers, the culture of Bigtime Football, of PSU Football, and of State College will prevail. IMHO.

The media reports this as State College and PSU beginning the healing process and its "return to normalcy." See here.
The problem is that "normalcy" there has been a sick and ultimately criminal culture for at least the last 15 years. They are still not seeing the depth of harm done to people's lives in that "football as religion" environment and mindset. Unless a major step is taken (e.g., FB death penalty) nothing will change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom