More irony... Trustees decide to not take down Paterno statue | Syracusefan.com

More irony... Trustees decide to not take down Paterno statue

SU2NASA

All American
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8166643/joe-paterno-statue-remain-penn-state-sources-say

Penn State obviously just still doesn't get it.

The gems:

"You can't let people stampede you into making a rash decision," a trustee said. "The statue represents the good that Joe did. It doesn't represent the bad that he did."

"It has to stay up," said another trustee. "We have to let a number of months pass, and we'll address it again. But there is no way, no way. It's just not coming down."

The trustees "are hoping they can have more time pass and people will forget about it and then it won't come down," one trustee said.

"They don't get to tell us," the source said about members of the public clamoring for its removal. "This is a Penn State community decision."

Some alumni groups have continued to call for resignations of trustees, and one trustee said this about the statute: "We don't want to further upset the alumni."

Urging patience, Frazier said, "I think we have to take some time, some reflection and distance before making a decision on how we will think about Joe Paterno's entire life and body of work."

Now this one...I don't get. Probably have to replace the entire Board if they ever hope to repair their reputation.

They are betting on time heals all wounds and soon the sports world will move onto the next scandal. Not going to be so simple with this one.

That 3rd quote is the money shot. It's exactly what Paterno and the others thought about Sandusky's rapes. Ignore it and maybe it goes away.

PedSt needs harsh penalties to get the point.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I understand not wanting to jump to rash decisions but to say you are not removing it for those terrible reasons is absurd. Every new piece of information I get about Penn St. makes them seem more and more deserving of the death penalty

What judgement did they rush to last November?

I'm sure they have an intern monitor their wikipage ready to copy and paste at ailments notice.

That statue will not make it to opening day. No effin way. There will be protests on top of protests. It would also not surprise me if Jim Delaney doesn't get on the horn and say take that thing down or find yourself another conference.

No way does he want his conference teams to have to put up with that bullsh!t every other Saturday.

I'm sure they have an intern monitor their wikipage ready to copy and paste at ailments notice.

That statue will not make it to opening day. No effin way. There will be protests on top of protests. It would also not surprise me if Jim Delaney doesn't get on the horn and say take that thing down or find yourself another conference.

No way does he want his conference teams to have to put up with that bullsh!t every other Saturday.
This post makes a good point that has been ignored up to now. The B1G has got to have been in contact with PSU with the message that, "This has got to stop! Cease deifying that enabler that has you, and by extension, the entire conference, on the front page of every paper and the lead story on every new/sports report." If they are not, I would have to think that Delaney is not doing his job.

The statue will come down. No doubt in my mind. No matter what Mark May might think. Oh Lord

This post makes a good point that has been ignored up to now. The B1G has got to have been in contact with PSU with the message that, "This has got to stop! Cease deifying that enabler that has you, and by extension, the entire conference, on the front page of every paper and the lead story on every new/sports report." If they are not, I would have to think that Delaney is not doing his job.

The statue will come down. No doubt in my mind. No matter what Mark May might think. Oh Lord

Penn State is using the same defense that Ohio State did during tatgate, which is basically 'Come at me bro'.

They have no interest in doing anything to themselves. They're daring someone else to step in, and betting that the NCAA and the Big Ten won't. They'll let the legal system do its thing, but they won't do anything that may piss off those donating alumni. They're challenging someone else to do it, and then play their own "victim" card.

That whole "university" is a sickness and the death penalty is the least of the things that should be done.

Spot on.

I also like the quote about the statue standing for good Paterno not bad Paterno. Yea, that works.

I find it interesting that they locked it without mention of the scandal. Did Penn State pay them off?

The coverup continues.

What will the statue be called in the future?
"The Great Enabler"
"The Co-conspirator"
"The Great Fraud"

And it's only going to get louder with the Schultz and Curley trials, as well as whatever happens with Spanier. Those trials, unlike Sandusky's, will be all about the cover up. Paterno's involvement will keep coming up again and again and again.

Then the civil trials.

They are ing evil. We need to cancel our series with them now.

I wonder what those trustees would say if JoePa sat silent while there kids were molested. ing cowards.

At this point the department of education should deny them all federal funds including federal student loans.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I'm stunned the twitter verse hasn't picked up on this story yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom