More on Maliq..since the closing of most recent thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

More on Maliq..since the closing of most recent thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maliq Brown has taken about half a 3 pt shot per game for his entire career. He has made 7 total three point shots in his entire career. Again he is a good player but he isnt an offensive threat beyond 5 feet

I actually stand corrected -- I was wrong in my post above, when I said that he shot 37% from three point range last year. That was incorrect; if you average out his two seasons at Syracuse, he hit 37% across both seasons.

Last year, he hit 50% from three point range.

You can rationalize his skill set any way you want, but the data / empirical evidence doesn't support your take. Simple as that.

Yeah the guy with the 3rd highest Ortg and top 20 true shooting % in the country sucks on offense.

What are we even talking about here? Syracuse has a losing record if Maliq Brown isn't on the team last season. Be serious, people. He's going to start for a national title contender.

Funny this thread was created. I saw this article before this post was created and went to post it in the old Maliq thread but, obviously, couldn't.

This part stuck out to me.

"The Blue Devils coach said he and his staff measure deflections during offseason scrimmages, and the junior forward does better in that category than any player he’s ever had."

It really was amazing to watch him deflect and poke the ball away as a defender at the rate in which he was able to.

Yeah the guy with the 3rd highest Ortg and top 20 true shooting % in the country sucks on offense.

What are we even talking about here? Syracuse has a losing record if Maliq Brown isn't on the team last season. Be serious, people. He's going to start for a national title contender.

On that team, yeah. Esp as guys kept dropping off.

But seriously, he shot less than one a game. Those weren't high leverage shots.

He would play more here. Jon Rothstein, fwiw, didn't have him as a starter after he visited Duke's practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom